Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Microplastics posted:

If God is a dude show me his dick

I mean that's what defines gender right, that's what all the terfs obsess about?

Show me it then. Show me God's dick.

The dick's on fire, with 228 eyes, mouths and vaginas and tells you 'Do not be afraid'.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gorn Myson posted:

Back in the day this thread tricked me into listening Crass by saying they put out several quality tunes (they didn't) so yeah not knowing Beyonce makes sense

First 3 Crass records still slap far as I'm concerned. Where Next Columbus? is good, Do They Owe Us a Living?, Securicor, lots of fun stuff.

Obviously not for everyone but hits my areas of interest

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Also I'm guessing Rumours is back on the charts because Christine McVie just died? Plus poo poo absolutely slaps

It's been in the charts for 978 weeks apparently. And it's rotten, part 35,096 in why cocaine is about the shittiest drug for musicians. Makes The Corrs sounds edgy

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Microplastics posted:

I mean that's what defines gender right, that's what all the terfs obsess about?

Show me it then. Show me God's dick.

Can God create a dick so big They Themself can't suck it?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Is that the title of your latest song

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

After 9/11 Blair was actively courting Putin as an ally on his war 'terror' after/because of Russians war in Chechnya.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pablo Bluth posted:

To be fair, I'm not sure that's a good argument. At least early in the early Blair years, trying to make Russia friend not foe was a reasonable course of action. The fair criticism is that it took too long to react when it wasn't working instead of being addicted to their fossil fuels.

Why was it a reasonable course of action? Russia was corrupt and we knew it, Russia had a horrible record on human rights and we knew it. Seems like you just have accepted the media whitewashing of the policy. A lot of the stuff the libs handwave away as "nobody knew better" nowadays about these things in the 90s and 00s weren't all uncritically accepted and uncontroversial at the time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

Show me God's dick.
I think that's what oglaf dot com is for.

Alternatively, it probably looks like

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Britain aggressively pushed to get Putin into power because otherwise Russia's second biggest party would have gotten into power, and you know what that means. :ussr:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Microplastics posted:

You have to go to the chat thread for that sort of thing.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Incidentally the album chart is deeply depressing. I know that only old people actually buy albums but how the gently caress is Rumours #26? Surely every old oval office with bad enough taste to like that middle of the road garbage already owns it, probably on at least 3 formats?
The album sales chart mainly counts streaming volume now, since nobody buys albums these days

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord of the Llamas posted:

But I thought he had an immune system. Why would he need to take any drugs?!

his wife took the immune system in the divorce

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

forkboy84 posted:

Incidentally the album chart is deeply depressing. I know that only old people actually buy albums but how the gently caress is Rumours #26? Surely every old oval office with bad enough taste to like that middle of the road garbage already owns it, probably on at least 3 formats?

there was a cranberry juice drinking skater guy on tik tok who blew the hell up recently and I think introduced a lot of youngins to "Dreams", I wouldn't put it past that to have a big influence on streams of that album. Same as how Stranger Things had a kate bush song on it and now all the zoomers love kate bush (this is good)

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Very much this. The best shows I was at in the last few months were (a) Lightning Bolt and (b) Carly Rae Jepsen, and CRJ was the funner night out. It's good to enjoy all the different noises

Call Me Maybe was over a decade ago mate.

Anyway, got to say, Kanye West was totally right and Single Ladies absolutely was one of the greatest music videos of all time. Who even remembers what the Taylor Swift one (in her country days no less!) was any more?

I don't keep up on this stuff much myself to be honest, I'm sure the claim that "Kanye West was totally right" hasn't backfired on me in any way.

E: Rumours is probably charting because Christine McVie died.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

Call Me Maybe was over a decade ago mate.

She released an album in October and it bangs, mate

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

She released an album in October and it bangs, mate

Sure, but she's been around so long now that you can hardly claim her as "look how up-to-date my music tastes are". Teenage girls these days probably think she's an old woman.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Charts are a weird and increasingly meaningless artifact of a vanishing era. I do look forward to the day they change the way they're calculated again to include "top prompts we're feeding into riffusion.com" though

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

Sure, but she's been around so long now that you can hardly claim her as "look how up-to-date my music tastes are". Teenage girls these days probably think she's an old woman.

Majority of the crowd was probably mid-20s gay men, as far as I'm aware they're still the arbiters of what's culturally relevant.

Anyway, I wasn't using that as an example of being "up to date" or "down with the kids" just... you don't have to listen to Crass and call everything else poo poo, there are other ways of being an old man.

Probably the most "down with the kids" gig recently was Black MIDI, who I was chatting about in the pub with my niece-in-law (?) and some other 21yo music students last month so I reckon that's something. But yeah nah I'm not exactly striving to break into the BTS standom scene because I'm not a nonce

Yeah yeah my "not a nonce" post is raising many questions etcetc. Please don't put in the Daily Mail that I'm a nonce.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Anyway, got to say, Kanye West was totally right and Single Ladies absolutely was one of the greatest music videos of all time. Who even remembers what the Taylor Swift one (in her country days no less!) was any more?

Well good thing she did win video of the year then. Swift was winning best female video.

forkboy84 posted:

Rumours? An album often regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time by contemporary and modern critics is 'middle of the road'?

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 8, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
CRJ is literally the best pop artist of the last decade the state of this place

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

What I heard of Black MIDI on 6 Music was either really good or turn-off-the-radio bad

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

E: Rumours is probably charting because Christine McVie died.

It's been in the chart for nearly 1000 weeks though.

mrpwase posted:

What I heard of Black MIDI on 6 Music was either really good or turn-off-the-radio bad

They are pretty good

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

quote:

If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don't keep up on this stuff much myself to be honest, I'm sure the claim that "Kanye West was totally right" hasn't backfired on me in any way.
I remember when Tay Tay was pictured with someone who had some kind of swastika badly painted on his shirt and Ye said this proved that she was a white supremacist.

I wonder if he's changed his mind now that he thinks that it's a beautiful symbol and Hitler was an misunderstood genius just like himself. :allears:

Did remind me of when Lord Sugar (does he have a cutesy abbreviation? LoSar maybe) believed an Onion article about them though lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was thinking recently it's very on brand that the big business understander in the UK is the guy who notoriously ran a company producing absolute bottom of the barrel shite sold at a markup to people who didn't know any better.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Good and useful chart that's been making our media-political class go completely apeshit:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1623069563889012736?s=46&t=5HAH0o7LnHRgFWYQ_gIeJg

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
that beyonce video crashed my computer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

No comment on them being massive babies tho

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

Good and useful chart that's been making our media-political class go completely apeshit:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1623069563889012736?s=46&t=5HAH0o7LnHRgFWYQ_gIeJg

The screeching about this from the hacks and pundits is extremely revealing

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

He now needs to do a second version that includes links to what university they all went and what year, and add some politicians

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bug Squash posted:

Why is Sunak smaller in this picture, but an inch or two taller than Zelinski in the official handshake shoto?

It was taken with a teleobjective to make it look like they were next to each other, when in fact they were on opposite sides of the street. As Zelensky is closer he looks slightly taller.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

mrpwase posted:

Somehow both at the same time too

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have a feeling this is old news to a lot of the thread but there's this guy on youtube called "jago hazzard" and I found this video to be on brand for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejK-SBSRnk

I really hope all the office buildings go bust soon because nobody wants to rent them.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

smellmycheese posted:

Any sources on this? Need a pick me up today, it's been a long one at work. Checked the replies, couldn't see anything

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know a pop music but I like The Struts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_QEATjgYM

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

smellmycheese posted:

Can someone share some top quality screeching please? I can't see any after scrolling through the replies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Lord Sugar (does he have a cutesy abbreviation? LoSar maybe)

prick

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

Can someone share some top quality screeching please? I can't see any after scrolling through the replies.

There’s loads in his replies

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

I have a feeling this is old news to a lot of the thread but there's this guy on youtube called "jago hazzard" and I found this video to be on brand for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejK-SBSRnk

I really hope all the office buildings go bust soon because nobody wants to rent them.

Didn't watch past the first couple of minutes, but Liverpool St Station only got a serious upgrade a few years ago - 1979/80 ahem. When I first used to pass that way on my way to my uni college it was a complete & utter shithole. The whole area was rundown and depressing.
Then they upgraded it and I worked in a now-demolished building backing on to the station for a year in 1998 (one of the happiest years of my working life!) and the green areas were often full of little marquees with crowds of city types swigging champagne which I could never join in as drinking within 8 hours of being on duty (albeit I was only a temporary secretary at the time!) was verboten to all rail sector employees - you could be subject to random breathalizer tests at any point - but strangely not to those who worked for the DfT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mostly I was rather baffled at the idea of "build a skyscraper on top of the station and cover it in the most boring city architecture imaginable but the building's still underneath so it's fine"

I'm quite partial to the old victorian brick and iron style stations, Darlington is built like that and the only thing it needs is some baffles to stop the wind blowing a gale through it.

Middlesbrough used to have that style of roof but the germans blew it up.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 8, 2023