Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Here are some keys if people want them:

Tribes of Midgard
JHJTD-FF20H-VQK7X

Conan Chop Chop
I0AB6-H3X5N-BP55H

Hokko Life
J02YM-ZCZ5M-58ZXZ

The Serpent Rogue
JAFIW-YEG5F-RPZT6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sterf posted:

Here are some keys if people want them:

Tribes of Midgard
JHJTD-FF20H-VQK7X

I took Tribes of Midgard, I have heard a lot of good things about this. Thank you :O

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Sterf posted:

Conan Chop Chop
I0AB6-H3X5N-BP55H

Grabbed this, as it looks like my kind of jam. Thanks!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I finished Haiku the Robot finally!

Someone pick what I play next.

Person 4 Golden

Othercide

HAAK

Cuphead

Steam World Dig 2

Sterf posted:

The Serpent Rogue
JAFIW-YEG5F-RPZT6

Edit and I picked up

The Serpent Rogue
JAFIW-YEG5F-RPZT6

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 8, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Person 4 Golden

Othercide

HAAK

Cuphead

Steam World Dig 2

SteamWorld Dig 2

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Hwurmp posted:

SteamWorld Dig 2

Seconding Steamworld Dig 2

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RC Cola posted:

Person 4 Golden

Othercide

HAAK

Cuphead

Steam World Dig 2

Persona 4 Golden

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Flair posted:

Persona 4 Golden

Seconding Persona 4 Golden

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Love is in the air bundle on humblebundle
$12

quote:

When the past was around
Max gentleman sexy business
Suckee for love first date
Ambition: A minuet in power
Validate:struggling singles in your area
A story beside
Later Daters: Premium
Kaichu: The kaiju dating sim
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/love-is-in-air?partner=nintendeal

Offer ends in 14 days : 6 hours : 30 minutes

Fanatical star deal: Jedi Knight collection
$4

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/star-wars-jedi-knight-collection

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 8, 2023

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

onionradish posted:

Hiyo! Your PMs are blocked but I wanted to say how much I'm interested in triangulation as a mechanic. I loved Miasmata and would be interested in the Beta.

Hey, I'm a big dumb dummy and didn't realize PMs required Plat, as I've literally never sent a message on SA before. I've upgraded now and sent you the links!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I wonder if Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy will still be as fun as they were for me 20+ years ago. For $4, I can't lose!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jedi Academy still rules

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Steam World Dig 2 it is!

Also this

SirSamVimes posted:

Jedi Academy still rules

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Nobody should play Persona 4. It's a 60 hour long black hole of originality and fun. It's also pretty homophobic?? (I just want a Persona 2 remaster instead of japan high school dating sims :cry:)

PS: I just finished Griftlands and it is so well-written! Don't sleep on it if it's in your backlogs y'all, it's a joy to play if you like well characterized characters, grounded sci-fi and cardbuilders!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Play 13 Sentinels instead of Persona

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tripwood posted:

Nobody should play Persona 4. It's a jrpg

you could have said the same thing with less words

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Persona 3 > Persona 4. It might give you depression but at least you don't have to sit through three chapters of "no homo, I mean not that there is anything wrong with homosexuality but I personally am not a homosexual and would prefer that you do not refer to me as such"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

victrix posted:

13 Sentinels has a truly spectacular story and had me wracking my brain at it's mysteries the whole way through.
Easily the most engaging story I've experienced in a video game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

victrix posted:

Yeah but I am over my video game budget until April so 13 sentinels has to wait

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There was a time when I was curious about Persona games but I've always been a PC person so I didn't really have access to them, but then I read an interview where they asked the lead author of the series about why the female friendships were so poorly fleshed out in his stories and his answer was "because I don't know what it's like to have a female friend".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Jack Trades posted:

There was a time when I was curious about Persona games but I've always been a PC person so I didn't really have access to them, but then I read an interview where they asked the lead author of the series about why the female friendships were so poorly fleshed out in his stories and his answer was "because I don't know what it's like to have a female friend".

I'm shocked that would be the case when there are such standout examples such as "former idol that exists to get on MC's dick" and "demure girl whose character trait is a weird laugh and that's about it"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Persona 4 is a game that benefits greatly from being played with a friend in the room, or with a chat. Giant Bomb did a big, dozens-of-hours-long playthrough over several months and it was a good time seeing them make fun of it while also being genuinely into it.

I tried to play it on my own and was just staggeringly bored, so who knows

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
No, if you have to MST3K while you're playing Persona 4 - or any game really - you're a big feeble wimp

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Persona 3 Portable - the version that's been ported - is a treat, especially if you pick the female MC. They rewrote the majority of the game and it's way more fun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played some of that Hotwheels Unleashed on gamepass and it's a pretty good time, it's got sort of a trackmania thing going on where you can make custom tracks and online races pull in custom tracks which is neat and thematically appropriate for Hot Wheels. Unfortunately there's a lot of "drag strip" and "EZ money" tracks online that people make along with insanely intricate 6 minute long tracks that have 3 laps where everybody quits before the first lap is over. It's got a voting system and people online consistently pick the worst custom community tracks instead of the ones that came with the game and then quit once that track sucks which is kinda annoying. The look and design of the cars is really where this game shines though, presumably they're all based on real designs which goes to show how great hotwheels designs are but they also did a good job in the game of making them look and feel like hotwheels on a track so I probably had more fun browsing through the cars in the collection than anything, especially since the gamepass version is the GOTY edition with all the DLC cars. Overall pretty cool but not something I see myself playing again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Persona, those are the 80% visual novel japanese high school games where you kill yourself to summon a digimon or something?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

zoux posted:

Persona, those are the 80% visual novel japanese high school games where you kill yourself to summon a digimon or something?

That's right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

victrix posted:

Vanillaware needs to learn how to put a game on PC

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

FWIW 13 Sentinels emulates pretty much perfectly, so if you're not averse to some grey-area :filez: you could buy a switch copy and play your 'backup' on PC.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

explosivo posted:

I played some of that Hotwheels Unleashed on gamepass and it's a pretty good time, it's got sort of a trackmania thing going on where you can make custom tracks and online races pull in custom tracks which is neat and thematically appropriate for Hot Wheels. Unfortunately there's a lot of "drag strip" and "EZ money" tracks online that people make along with insanely intricate 6 minute long tracks that have 3 laps where everybody quits before the first lap is over. It's got a voting system and people online consistently pick the worst custom community tracks instead of the ones that came with the game and then quit once that track sucks which is kinda annoying. The look and design of the cars is really where this game shines though, presumably they're all based on real designs which goes to show how great hotwheels designs are but they also did a good job in the game of making them look and feel like hotwheels on a track so I probably had more fun browsing through the cars in the collection than anything, especially since the gamepass version is the GOTY edition with all the DLC cars. Overall pretty cool but not something I see myself playing again.

I will say the 'campaign' is pretty good stuff overall, if you swap the AI from "easy" to "hard" (a toggle at any time in the menu) the opponents put up a real drat fight, and the time trials later get to the point where you need to realize if there's no checkpoint in between, you should be leaving the track and returning to the track as often as possible, via jumps, boosts, or sometimes just the dumbest car-kour imaginable if you want to hit the "nitro" times.

Also the monster truck expansion is dumb fun.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zoux posted:

and the digimon is stronger based on how many of your high school classmates and/or teachers you've kissed

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

secretly best girl posted:

I will say the 'campaign' is pretty good stuff overall, if you swap the AI from "easy" to "hard" (a toggle at any time in the menu) the opponents put up a real drat fight, and the time trials later get to the point where you need to realize if there's no checkpoint in between, you should be leaving the track and returning to the track as often as possible, via jumps, boosts, or sometimes just the dumbest car-kour imaginable if you want to hit the "nitro" times.

Also the monster truck expansion is dumb fun.

Thanks for the heads up! I actually found the AI pretty hard on Normal but mind numbingly easy on Easy. Pretty sure I just need to get better at the driving or by the sound of it go off the track more often to cut corners.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This got served up in my recs and I checked it out, knowing nothing about the game or the development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPs3nuEicX

The tldw is that this company has had this game in EA for six years, finally launched 1.0, and then said "OK that's it were moving on to the next game" and the fans had a major meltdown and accusations of betrayals and threats of class action suits, you guys have seen gamer meltdowns before. But my initial reaction is "isn't that just called launching the game"? The video seems to imply that there weren't any indications one way or another during the development that it was going to be complete at 1.0 or that they'd continue development into the future. If anyone has followed this game, is there more to the story, was there a bait-and-switch?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

zoux posted:

yeah it owns

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zoux posted:

This got served up in my recs and I checked it out, knowing nothing about the game or the development

The tldw is that this company has had this game in EA for six years, finally launched 1.0, and then said "OK that's it were moving on to the next game" and the fans had a major meltdown and accusations of betrayals and threats of class action suits, you guys have seen gamer meltdowns before. But my initial reaction is "isn't that just called launching the game"? The video seems to imply that there weren't any indications one way or another during the development that it was going to be complete at 1.0 or that they'd continue development into the future. If anyone has followed this game, is there more to the story, was there a bait-and-switch?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Persona is the spiritual successor to those newgrounds games like SimGirls where you would manage your time and maybe see MSPaint hentai at the end.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

zoux posted:

Your link is broken, what game is this?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

You could play Persona, or you could try a mainline SMT game instead, follow it up with the Tim Rogers review of Tokimeki Memorial, pop some melatonin, and let your brain take care of the rest

Persona 2 owns though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'll have a proper demo post later but i just wanted to say, Vividlope's easily the top demo I've played so far and an instant wishlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zoux posted:

That is only Persona 3. It's a bit more complicated than that but yeah that is the gist of it. They are based on the Shin Megami Tensei series.