Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you are ever in the same room as a chimpanzee, I hope you have a gun and are a good shot. Otherwise run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I always keep a bunch of tactical bananas on my person for just such an eventuality

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

A chimp will gently caress you up if you get in reach but it'll die of a heart attack trying to chase you across a field. Just never go indoors with a chimp ever

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shakmaaaaaa!!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Antonymous posted:

maybe its u refusing to see the obvious truth lol

some sort of biological truth?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Slavvy posted:

A chimp will gently caress you up if you get in reach but it'll die of a heart attack trying to chase you across a field. Just never go indoors with a chimp ever

it will catch me.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think i could outrun the monkey

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tulip posted:

Two caveats: Greek sources about Scythia are still Greek sources,

Lol it's funny because it's true

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Weka posted:

Lol it's funny because it's true

Greeks drive like this, Scythians drive like this.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Greeks are huge dickheads about everyone who isn’t Greek and it’s good historiography to assume they’re talking poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Endman posted:

Greeks are huge dickheads about everyone who isn’t Greek and it’s good historiography to assume they’re talking poo poo

They were even huge dickheads to the really quite Greek Macedonians for not really being Greeks. I always thought it was because the Macedonians wore trousers but some cursory research suggests this is not the case.

War and Pieces posted:

Greeks drive like this, Scythians drive their enemies before them

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Understandable, I wouldn't want to be associated with trouser wearers either.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Greeks culturally pulled "OH YEAH BARBARIANS, WE'RE ACTUALLY PROUD WE HAVE SMALL DICKS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?" and got away with it

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Riot Bimbo posted:

if you are ever in the same room as a chimpanzee, I hope you have a gun and are a good shot. Otherwise run.

I would simply befriend the chimpanzee

Azathoth posted:

The Greeks culturally pulled "OH YEAH BARBARIANS, WE'RE ACTUALLY PROUD WE HAVE SMALL DICKS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?" and got away with it

Western history really is a series of embarrassments.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tulip posted:

Western history really is a series of embarrassments.

hey man it produced a guy called Charles "The Hammer" Martel and thats a great name

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hey man it produced a guy called Charles "The Hammer" Martel and thats a great name

That's true, but it's also spent the majority of 2500 years of philosophy trying to own one masturbating hobo and hasn't managed to do so

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the virgin aristotle vs the chad diogenes

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Tulip posted:

That's true, but it's also spent the majority of 2500 years of philosophy trying to own one masturbating hobo and hasn't managed to do so

the true failure is attempting to win that battle instead of conceding defeat and moving on

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Tulip posted:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pre-1800s: Birds become barnacles or something during the winter.

failstork

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fail my rear end, that's a badass stork

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My favorite Hegel story is the physicist who was dating a Hegelian and the Hegelian constantly insulted her intelligence for believing in the existence of non dialectical things like atoms and the electromagnetic force

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hey man it produced a guy called Rick "The Model" Martel and thats a great name
history is pretty great

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Tulip posted:

My favorite Hegel story is the physicist who was dating a Hegelian and the Hegelian constantly insulted her intelligence for believing in the existence of non dialectical things like atoms and the electromagnetic force

hegelian was right

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

history is pretty great

he will never pay for what he did to jake the snake

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jake the snake vs. st. patrick

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1623036941254987826?cxt=HHwW5MC4zfbfl4YtAAAA

Sounds fun but the dude has like 50 books, which one should I start with?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Tulip posted:

Perhaps by telling it you are a fan of Greek (small dick) culture.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Tulip posted:

we’ve finally found the field that looks down on physicists

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

fabergay egg posted:

we’ve finally found the field that looks down on physicists

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Mathematics is just applied Philosophy

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Weka
May 5, 2019

Behaviorism might be applied biology but psychology certainly isn't.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

math has learned a lot from physics especially string theory connected some entire fields of mathematics that maths people had no idea had any relationship.

There is 'game' where if you click the first blue link on wikipedia articles, and on that new page click the first blue link, eventually you will end up on the philosophy page guaranteed. But now that people are aware maybe they avoid writing the intros like that

Endman
May 18, 2010

the smug loving energy radiating out of this is infuriating

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endman posted:

the smug loving energy radiating out of this is infuriating

needs a classicist in a panel below them claiming all their fields but strictly in the 4th and 5th centuries bce

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Weka posted:

Behaviorism might be applied biology but psychology certainly isn't.

wow an engineer knows jack poo poo outside his specialty who could have seen this coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Agean90 posted:

wow an engineer knows jack poo poo outside his specialty who could have seen this coming

Yeah I can't believe that loving loser thinks that psychology is a worthwhile field of study.