Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just realized how much Peggy would love Dan Brown books

She was into Congo, so yeah, drugstore pulp books are a go, but Peggy is also a sucker for Oprah's bookclub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I guess I like to see hank as a drugstore pulp western dude, like it'd satisfy some part of him to think of this more as slight dramatizations of How it Was, but yeah, when exactly would he do that I guess

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

Anything about a boy with gumption should be fine

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

"ill be damned if im going to read any of that mcmurtry smut"

The Bible
May 8, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

Nailed it. Hank reads manuals and Peggy would also make sure everyone knew she read the books before the movie came out

But only after seeing the movie, as she never read the book.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hank secretly reads Longarm

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Ughhhhhh, not Miss Kitty

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just realized how much Peggy would love Dan Brown books

*wearing her stupid reading headlamp* Hank, did you know there are BUGS, the size of FOOTBALLS, at the bottom of the ocean?

*looks up thoughtfully*

You know, I though I heard something in the attic the other night.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

DJ Spaz taught me how to really turn it up. I learned how to scratch *keekee*, and cut and.. wipe!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I made you! You were just a dumb A student before I hit the scene!

Bobby, don't use the word rape. It's not polite.

Peggy, years from now no one will remember what a hexagon is. But you win state and, well that goes up on the water tower.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 6, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the man used to be 6'2 peggy.

when peggy helps cotton get his right to the national cemetary for soldiers is a pretty good episode for both peggy and cotton

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

You remember those 10 bags of concrete I bought that you said I'd never use? Well, I used one

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

snergle posted:

the man used to be 6'2 peggy.

when peggy helps cotton get his right to the national cemetary for soldiers is a pretty good episode for both peggy and cotton

Dance on his grave :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
didn't realise dale spits out a bunch of siv cit traveling stuff in the order of the straight arrow episode. Also boomhauer completely confessing everything to the park ranger and the guy not understanding any of it

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
"Wematanye wants us to honor the bird's sacred spirit!"

Hank: "And we will do just that in the dumpster behind Stuckeys."

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes! Thank you, that's the other connection. I originally thought they were both from Gilman St, but SW is from Illinois, not California.

Edit: one more little connection I remember thinking was neat back in the day when all I listened to was GD, SW, and similar bands.

Green Day: "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" (one of my favourites of theirs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAGnKrFk0HQ

Screeching Weasel: "I Wrote Holden Caulfield" (on an album that Mike Dirnt of Green Day played on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eu6tNlpt8

wait til you find out about ben weasel beating fans!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Ha, holy gently caress, I didn't know about this. It's bad enough, but then reading his open letter to Fat Mike a few years afterwards is just.... I had no idea he was such a loving rear end in a top hat.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, holy gently caress, I didn't know about this. It's bad enough, but then reading his open letter to Fat Mike a few years afterwards is just.... I had no idea he was such a loving rear end in a top hat.

it was big news all around chicago back in the day. it's a shame, anthem for a new tomorrow was a great record.

but thankfully, john jughead remains cool, i saw a bunch of his plays back in the day.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So basically someone hit the lead singer in the face with an ice cube during a punk rock show then ate a punch for her trouble?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I even hung up on my mother.... And she's such a nice woman.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

PinheadSlim posted:

You remember those 10 bags of concrete I bought that you said I'd never use? Well, I used one

Lmao. Just watched that one last night.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Don't kiss me dad. I could be contagious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So basically someone hit the lead singer in the face with an ice cube during a punk rock show then ate a punch for her trouble?

And then he apparently hit the manager of the club when she tried to stop the whole thing, though I think that's kind of a thing that comes with the territory of managing a punk club.

However, all of this on top of how Ben Weasel just seems to be in general doesn't really sit well.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

i think he was like 45 at the time and she was like 19?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

I hate judging books by their covers but it makes sense with someone who is straight up named ben.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

My dewwwwww!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barrels labeled "Dew, Mountain"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hank always does the same stupid face for pictures

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He is smiling

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

we're here! no rear! get used to it!

ah, my cheeks blew out!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
ok so there's this late season episode where Bill dates a new woman who has 2 kids, one of whom is also John Redcorn's daughter? how exactly does that work out? did John Redcorn know he had another kid out there? did the mother just hide it from him the whole time and not seek a relationship or child support?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He had a one night stand with another woman and she moved out of town. That’s all there is to it.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
sure but when that happens and a pregnancy results usually the father is brought back into the picture

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wow look at Mr. Knows His Father over here.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

sure but when that happens and a pregnancy results usually the father is brought back into the picture

Yeah.... This doesn't always happen. Not even close to 'usually'.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

JAMOOOL posted:

Yeah... speaking from experience, when that happens in Texas, and the father just chooses to ignore it, that's pretty much the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
They really did Bill dirty that episode. There was no real resolution, they just had Bill be ok with having a woman screw around on him.