Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Motto posted:

She's gonna fall down a hole and stay there

The whole plot is getting her out of that loving hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cancelled

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Infinitum posted:

She becomes Cuff from Forspoken

So let me get this straight, HIYAA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They lied. I can't order Zelda on amazon.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Kirios posted:

That Direct was hot garbage for 25 minutes then became the best Direct ever.

What a loving whiplash.

I still can't get over Metroid Prime... available later today.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

MechaX posted:

Goddamn you’ve been a Debbie downer for the past 45 minutes lmfao

same dude was like "don't bother watching it live, just read the headlines and skip around the youtube upload" just earlier today

the specifics of his madness have been made clearer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Nintendo Direct: 70% remakes, 29% sequels, 1 new game.

sequels are new games last time i checked

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I saw it and a release date. Also I have taken ketamine

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

incoherent posted:

so, uh, metroid prime 4 must be a fuckin trainwreck

"A rushed game is forever bad, but Metroid Prime 4 is never coming out, get over it, bitch."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

incoherent posted:

Eh, not necessarily; this is Nintendo and their weird timing, I wouldn’t be surprised if by July they were like “oh Prime 4 hits in October, bye, anyway moving on to this farming game”

They literally announced Dread like this too lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WarpDogs posted:

same dude was like "don't bother watching it live, just read the headlines and skip around the youtube upload" just earlier today

I think his madness is that he makes intensely bad posts

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
seems like much more of a straight sequel than they've ever done before. Dunno if I think that's a good thing or a bad thing

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
They took the STORE MANAGEMENT out of my STORE MANAGEMENT/DRESS-UP GAME! :argh:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think I got the whole list for those curious. With the odd comment sorry.

Pikmin 4- July 21st! There's my summer game. Can't wait.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3: DLC- hope it makes those who like the game happy. Rogue-like system added. Feb 15th.

Samba de Amigo- Maraca movement game. Looks neat if you want a dance party game.

Fashion Dreamer- Fashion game? Dress up and help people I guess or something. I'm sure someone will enjoy it. Not sure what the point is.

Dead Cells: Castlevania DLC- Paid DLC, but I guess if Konami isn't doing anything with the IP someone should and Dead Cells is actually super fun. Could be worth it.

Tron Identity- Tron-based text game.

Ghost Trick- HD remake. Amazing, It's a great game and everyone should play it.

Decapolice- I have no idea. A Open World detective game? Sure. Is this one those Danganroppas/Personas people go on about?

Bayonnetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon- Some sort of adventure game or a puzzle platfomer? Stylish looking. Seems to do the Astral Chain battle system. No idea, but interesting.

Splatoon 3: DLC: Visit the Splatoon 1 town and maybe a new single player campaign about coral bleaching.

Disney Illusion Island- New Mickey platform game in the new style. Watching it on my tablet it looks like a tablet game...

FE: Engage- DLC- More heroes. Hector really.

Harmony: Fall of Reverie- animated looking adventure game with multiple endings. Lena Raine making the music seems like the best selling point at the moment.

Octopath Traveler II- The demo is going to be available.

We Love Katamari- More of that delightful game.

Sea of Stars- Turn based RPG. Feels like it took from Chrono Trigger a bunch. Looks neat. There'll be a demo.

Omega Strikers- FTP Air Hockey game. Looks neat I guess.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection- I know this was big on DS, so I bet people will be happy about it. Also to be bought separately.

Advance Wars- Hey it's coming! The day before my birthday. Cool!

Kirby Return to DreamLand Deluxe- With new content, Magalor's Epilogue.

Gameboy Online- Today enjoy GB games (color too)

GBA Expansion Pack Online- Available today.

Metroid Prime Remastered- Today. It's out today digitally as in now. WHAT.

Master Detective Archives: Rain Code- I don't know. I don't care, did you see what we got above?

Baten Kaitos I+II Remaster- Deckbuilder game sort of. It was neat and pretty but I never finished it.

Fantasy Lifei: The Girl who steals time- This was popular on DS I believe.

Professor Layton and the New World of Steam

Mario Kart DLC with new Yoshi level and Birdo

Minecraft Legends- It's coming out.

Blanc- This was in an indie direct

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection- It's like all of them.

Have a nice Death- from an indie direct

WBSC eBaseball: Power Pros- Cute arcade baseball game?

Disney Dreamlight Valley- A new update with the Lion King it seems

Tales of Symphonia Remastered

BotW 2- New mobs! Ok... it looks great. I'm hyped.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't even build up hope that Silksong will be announced anymore but I still feel disappointed?? This sucks

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I can't wait to buy MP Remake and preorder ToTK when I get home.

Unless Metroid's file size is too big because I refuse to delete any games on my SD card lmao.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

im not sure if I love or hate how they've given away so little info about this game

Either they're doing some surprise shenanigans or they don't want to reveal to people how much of the game is just a retread of the original's landscape.

I suspect both.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it’s cool they are remastering Prime but I will have to see exactly what they improved to see if emulation still isn’t straight up better

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

if I was still IK I would make the title FANTASY LIFE LIVES AGAIN

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
imo they kept quiet on MP4 so as to not cannibalize MP1 Remaster marketing and sales

if it's the holiday title, which seems more likely than not, we'll see it in the mid-year Direct

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks for the tanking the value of EO3, Nintendo.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

WarpDogs posted:

I'm not working right now so why not watch it?
I thought it it was an awesome direct actually, just not super hype for Zelda

I'm incredibly hyped for how they did etrian odyssey. The mapping works exactly how I would have imagined

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s cool they are remastering Prime but I will have to see exactly what they improved to see if emulation still isn’t straight up better

Randomizers are too fun to give up imo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Waltzing Along posted:

Nintendo Direct: 70% remakes, 29% sequels, 1 new game.

Gamers: don't give us only sequels Nintendo, god

Also Gamers: These new games don't count as new games because I'm not instantly excited for them (because they're not sequels to existing IP)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that direct.......... was epic

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The F2004 of Directs.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i'm pretty surprised they didn't do "we're sorry but please wait just a little bit longer for news about metroid prime 4"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dpulex posted:

meh etrian odyssey bumps it up to a 3/10. Another teaser trailer for a zelda we knew was coming was lame.

honestly all I was expecting was advance wars (although it's still 2 more months for that poo poo lmao) so other games I might want to play are a nice surprise

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Now, Pikmin and Advance Wars, that's exciting for me

I should get the new Fire Emblem later too

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

WBSC eBaseball: Power Pros- Cute arcade baseball game?

The Power Pro games are actually some of the best baseball games - the series has been going on in Japan since the SNES. They have a cool RPG mode where you play as a player trying to get their team to the playoffs or something.The last time they actually released a Power Pros game here was MLB Power Pros, so I was loving shocked

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Advance Wars :neckbeard:

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Sea of Stars is a prequel to The Messenger, which is an amazing game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Naw. The epic directs were in the past. Remove the stuff you already knew about and the remakes and the direct was pretty empty, actually. Cool looking visual novel, though. Not sure I'd call that epic, though.

Or have your expectations gotten so low?

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The Ghost Trick remaster. I finally won

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good direct, loads of trailers. Seemed way bigger than usual

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Did the Direct say "later today" for Metroid Prime? I'm on the eShop searching for Metroid and I don't see it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

incoherent posted:

Even if they had something to show, this is Nintendo. They'll gladly sit on stuff until they feel like showing their hand, when it fits their release schedule. See: Withholding Metroid Prime Remastered until today, when it's been rumored to have been basically finished back in mid-2021.

But yeah, it probably is a disaster of a production.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. The epic directs were in the past. Remove the stuff you already knew about and the remakes and the direct was pretty empty, actually. Cool looking visual novel, though. Not sure I'd call that epic, though.

Or have your expectations gotten so low?

Skill issue

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I may grab Prime if it's like $20 (lmao it'll be closer to $60), otherwise I gotta save money for Theatrhythm and Octopath 2 this month.

GB and GBA titles are awesome gets though, hell yeah. That'll keep me going another week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The new Yoshi's Island course for Mario Kart looks amazing.

Just incredible they stealth dropped Metroid Prime Remastered. Pikmin 4 looks great, glad its coming out this summer. The first half of this year is pretty stacked with games from Nintendo.