Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

would be kind of weird to only get the first metroid prime remastered, right? especially if this thing sells like hotcakes, which...seems likely.

i guess it's good to know they have the mp engine ready to go. not sure how hard it would be to remaster mp2 and mp3 based off this mp1 remaster? they were very similar engine-wise, i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Looks like the $69.99 price tag for Tears is confirmed now.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-switch/

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/metroid-prime-remastered-switch/

$40 is less than I thought it would be

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They waited so long to be vindicated.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ErrEff posted:

Either they're doing some surprise shenanigans or they don't want to reveal to people how much of the game is just a retread of the original's landscape.

I suspect both.

it's going to both have ww style sailing as well as be set underground

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Haven't played much XBC3, but when they showed that second new character, there was a shot of a landscape that really looked like the Bionis Knee from the first game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm actually surprised Switch got We ❤️ Katamari, I once bought an old used Xbox 360 exclusively to play it and dragons dogma.

When Reroll came to PC I figured they'd release the follow-up but haven't heard a peep about it coming to steam

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Detective No. 27 posted:

They waited so long to be vindicated.

That isn't the trilogy

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's a wild year. There's not enough time.

Will get: Pikmin 4, We Love Katamari, Tears of the Kingdom. These are all pretty much Day 1 purchases.

Considering seriously: Octopath Traveler II, Advance Wars, Return to Dreamland, Metroid Prime Remastered. Metroid Prime and Octopath are pretty much guaranteed.

Considering: Ghost Trick. I've played it and it's very cool don't know if I need to replay it.

Maybe considering: Dead Cells Castlevania

Splatoon 3 DLC looks pointless. Unless it comes with the Single player campaign, I'm skipping the first wave.

Engage: which I now want to get means I'll get the Hector DLC, the best lord.

I'm incredibly excited for GBA and GB games. I'm not huge on the N64 stuff (give me Smash), but I love d-pad portability. A lot of these games I have on my 3DS though (how convenient for them the shop closes in month).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. The epic directs were in the past. Remove the stuff you already knew about and the remakes and the direct was pretty empty, actually. Cool looking visual novel, though. Not sure I'd call that epic, though.

Or have your expectations gotten so low?

i think they just haven't ascended to your level of anhedonia

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also I do got yo give credit they put more effort into the gameboy stuff than I expected

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Trying to think how much they would have to charge me not to get this game? Maybe like 1000?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Did they have any details on price and contents for the expensiver edition?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We love katamari is so good I was worried that wouldn't happen because the Katamari Damacy remake underperformed

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That isn't the trilogy

A tweet I caught before they deleted it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I increasingly suspect that Zelda is magically inside Link’s arm.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

An action RPG on a Nintendo console called Sea of Stars surely won't be confused for an action RPG on a Nintendo console called Star Ocean

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Comrade Fakename posted:

Wait a second Bionic commando did this

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. The epic directs were in the past. Remove the stuff you already knew about and the remakes and the direct was pretty empty, actually. Cool looking visual novel, though. Not sure I'd call that epic, though.

Or have your expectations gotten so low?

If being happy that I don’t have to dig out a Wii and working Wiimote to play Prime 1 counts as low expectations, gently caress yeah I’m rock bottom, now give me that Prime drop

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well, that's still probably more than it ought to be but less than I expected

and I never played more than like an hour of the original so... here I go

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Same honestly. That's sort of nice. Still a lot. I'd of gone with 30 but inflation blah blah blah.

S.T.A.R.S.
Feb 7, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am excited about a new English translation of Power Pros, but I wonder if it will be fully featured with the RPG modes.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Comrade Fakename posted:

Are you suggesting that Link might be talking to a freaking cuff?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

404notfound posted:

An action RPG on a Nintendo console called Sea of Stars surely won't be confused for an action RPG on a Nintendo console called Star Ocean

if it’s good then no one will have trouble telling them apart

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just can't get excited for gameboy(lol) or gba on the virtual console when they drip-feed new games on it painfully slow + it's 2023 and you can buy a little emulator device for 80 bucks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dropping in to say that more people should have played Baten Kaitos, and guess what? Now they can.

Never played the pre/sequel despite buying a used copy in 2009. I don't even know if the discs work lol

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

One thing — will I have to point a spotlight at my TV just to play the GBA games? Because that is my main memory of trying to play The Minish Cap.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wintendo has done it again

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Why remaster a Tales game, it feels like a new one comes out every few months anyway

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

S.T.A.R.S. posted:

I am excited about a new English translation of Power Pros, but I wonder if it will be fully featured with the RPG modes.

the version I'm seeing on the store for release today is eSports sponsored, costs $0.99 cents, and mentions absolutely nothing about the idea of modes period

so it's looking like a pretty profound "no", sadly

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I haven't been this hyped from a Nintendo Direct since the one where they revealed Metroid Dread!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hoping the GB and GBA emulators have rewind. I miss that from the 64 games. It's such a nice little thing to include.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm glad they let you use the original tank controls in Prime, wouldn't feel the same without them imo

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

cohsae posted:

Are you suggesting that Link might be talking to a freaking cuff?

Zelda, BTOW: A wholly formed independent person with a fleshed out story and arc.

Zelda, TOTK: We've reduced her to your side companion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Prime isn't live yet. I want to plaaaayyyyy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Closed and restarted the eShop and still don't see Metroid Prime on there, and that web store link isn't working for me either :negative:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

God DAMNIT I should have brought my Switch to work today! So many good games!

S.T.A.R.S.
Feb 7, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nick Buntline posted:

the version I'm seeing on the store for release today is eSports sponsored, costs $0.99 cents, and mentions absolutely nothing about the idea of modes period

so it's looking like a pretty profound "no", sadly

That is really, really lame. Ugh. Thanks for checking it out though, didn't have my switch handy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

incoherent posted:

Zelda, BTOW: A wholly formed independent person with a fleshed out story and arc.

Zelda, TOTK: We've reduced her to your side companion.

I mean in actual BOTW she spends the entire game in an evil cyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Papercut posted:

Why remaster a Tales game, it feels like a new one comes out every few months anyway

They're just slapping it in an emulator so it's like 0 effort and Symphonia is beloved enough that it'll probably still move a ton of units, at least enough to make up for the 'work'