Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

good news, every physical retailer is still listing it at $60 atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Gadzuko posted:

I think this was linked itt when it happened, but in case anyone missed it, a video showcasing a ton of cut content from Ocarina:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_pqyrf9lA

it really is amazing just how much unfinished playable content was still on that cartridge

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

I think this was linked itt when it happened, but in case anyone missed it, a video showcasing a ton of cut content from Ocarina:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_pqyrf9lA

Dude I'm blown away there's this story cutscene and a whole second half to The Song of Time! Desert temple being split often between young/old Link is a cool idea too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lollin at nintendo matching the next gen price increases on their game from 2012

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was hoping $60 but at the same time I'm not surprised.

Oh god I'll be on the road tomorrow at 2. I wonder if I can have youtube play it's audio through CarPlay?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

lollin at nintendo matching the next gen price increases on their game from 2012

I feel bad for the artists working on Metroid 4 having to try and make everything look ten years old.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I managed to get an order in with Best Buy at 60$ but it looks like major retailers are shutting it down.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was hoping $60 but at the same time I'm not surprised.

Oh god I'll be on the road tomorrow at 2. I wonder if I can have youtube play it's audio through CarPlay?

It works but you've got to leave the screen on.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

They deleted the price

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Willo567 posted:

They deleted the price

Gonna be free :gbsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ManSedan posted:

It works but you've got to leave the screen on.

Ok groovy. I'll have my iphone on the built-in charging cubby of my car so that's not really a problem. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Thanks!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Motto posted:

good news, every physical retailer is still listing it at $60 atm

they've all stopped allowing pre-orders

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

I wonder if my Amazon pre-order that I placed in June 2021 will get cancelled. It's still in my open orders list, so fingers crossed.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
definitely won't be cancelled. the one remaining benefit of preordering on Amazon is that they honor the lowest price no matter what it is or how long the product takes to come out. my oldest 'active' order on my account is from 2017 and it's Metroid Prime 4 with that 20% discount they used to offer for preorders

I placed a preorder on Amazon just to lock in the price because I figured they'd update it tomorrow. I'll probably cancel it and just do the voucher thing, with my wife and son playing the Switch now it's actually pretty annoying to swap out carts

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Can’t wait to pay $60 $70 apiece for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess next year or the year after!!!

I still will lmfao

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
$70?! This better be the best playing Zelda in the world!

*tries it*

You got lucky

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

An extra :10bux: to put in traditional dungeons? I guess I can handle that

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Willo567 posted:

They deleted the price

On my wishlist the $69 price is still there. (You could wishlist it when the price was visible)

Not impossible of course that it's some placeholder price but I'd be a little surprised.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
the thing is on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMdUSVSEp7U

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Oracle of Ages and Seasons coming to Online, and Minish Cap coming to Expansion Pass. Think I own those on 3DS but hey, glad to see they’ll be accessible on Switch

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Neat. Apparently Link will get some sort of weird airship/car thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: 05/12/2023 :siren:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That vehicle looks pretty neat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSS

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gonna get that collectors edition

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

maybe the $70 is for the collectors edition?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Get hype, all the poo poo they crammed into that trailer looked amazing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAu9AXmqUv0

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

What they did show was dope as hell, but am I the only one that felt underwhelmed at how short it was?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Similar collector’s edition last time was $100

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I like how they looked at the flying machines people made in BOTW and said, "What if we did that again, but on purpose this time?"

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

this trailer didn't hit me like the botw trailer but I'm still hyped.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

What they did show was dope as hell, but am I the only one that felt underwhelmed at how short it was?

They’ll give it its own Direct probably some time in March if I had to guess. It should get a full cinematic trailer too I would think.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

looks like the $69.99 price tag is legit.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-switch/

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The trailer didn't make it clear how different or not the structure of the game will be other than the sky and vehicles. Taking a few seconds to show Link using a magnesis like power to lift stuff out of water is a something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shiroc posted:

Taking a few seconds to show Link using a magnesis like power to lift stuff out of water is a something.

People were clamoring to know whether magnesis would be in Tears of the Kingdom. If they didn't show that, fans would be rioting.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I like how they looked at the flying machines people made in BOTW and said, "What if we did that again, but on purpose this time?"

people are literally going to launch themselves into the red moon this time

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Nuts & Bolts

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lol at everyone (me) hoping for more zelda, probably going to get buried underground in the first cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1623455639753183232?s=46&t=Pmi_gu-HrQElhPFPu8m-aA