Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BisbyWorl posted:

Look at the account name. :ssh:

I hate April 1st, truly. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Oh sweet, my birthday's on April 31st so this'll be a nice surprise :)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Why are we still here, just to suffer?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was hurt and so, I decided to hurt others. :v:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My favorite April Fools jokes are ones that just sound like reasonable news that just happens to not be true. Oh, ha, you got me marginally excited about something, or maybe you didn’t. Who cares.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MokBa posted:

My favorite April Fools jokes are ones that just sound like reasonable news that just happens to not be true. Oh, ha, you got me marginally excited about something, or maybe you didn’t. Who cares.

The only good april fools joke.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

New patch today, I guess it contains boss rush mode?!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that is correct

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56695#v210

quote:

New Modes Added

Three different boss rush modes have been added to the game. Press the R Button on the “Samus Files” screen to move to the Boss Rush selection screen.

Boss Rush
  • A mode where players fight 12 continuous boss battles, and aim for the best time.
  • Any damage received is carried-over into the next fight. Weapons are fully-restored between battles.
  • If Samus is defeated, players may select “Retry” to continue playing from the start of the battle they lost. There is, however, a time penalty for being defeated.
  • Bosses fought in Boss Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked by clearing the main game a single time. (In the event that a player has completed the game before the update was released, they will be able to play Boss Rush immediately after updating).

Survival Rush
  • A mode where players see how many bosses they can defeat inside of the 5 minute time limit.
  • Any damage received, or weapons spent are carried-over into the next battle. Even if time remains on the clock, Samus being defeated will result in a game over.
  • Defeating a boss will add a fixed amount of time to the countdown clock. Defeat a boss without receiving any damage to receive an even bigger time bonus.
*Survival Rush is unlocked by completing either Boss Rush or Dread Rush.

Dread Rush
  • The basic rules are the same as in Boss Rush, but if Samus is hit by a boss, her energy drops to zero and she is defeated.
  • Bosses fought in Dread Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked by clearing the main game using Dread Mode. (In the event that a player has completed Dread Mode before the update was released, they will be able to play Dread Rush immediately after updating).

General Fixes
  • Fixed an error where the Game Over screen would not display properly when Samus takes damage and is defeated immediately after destroying a central unit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There are going to be some absolutely wild speedruns of this mode.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
12-14 are just Robochozo fights with more robots and smaller arenas every time.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

girl dick energy posted:

There are going to be some absolutely wild speedruns of this mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWzqjZC8Jik

Indeed.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Wait, you can hit Corpus while it's invisible??? Holy poo poo I never thought to try that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

lol that you can duck in the corner to avoid Raven Beak’s gatling gun attack. I did know a lot of those other tricks though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

lol that you can duck in the corner to avoid Raven Beak’s gatling gun attack. I did know a lot of those other tricks though.
If you do a running melee attack into an aim, Samus will hold that cool crouching pose, and the way Raven Beak's gatling attack works, most of the shots will go over your head if he's firing at you diagonally. (Though dodging all of them is a combination of precision and luck, so it's not really viable for Dread mode.)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

survival rush is really hard

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dread is currently 30% off on the eShop, which is huge. Buy it if you haven’t yet!!!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Dread is currently 30% off on the eShop, which is huge. Buy it if you haven’t yet!!!

I should reinstall it and give it another go, but Splatoon is eating all my free time

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
There was a new Metroid Dread race at GDQ last week, the time has gone down from 2 and a half hours to 1 and a half hours in the past 6 months, very impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_2YfEJPp8

AM2R actually got a bunch of unofficial updates that I did not know about, including widescreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu37NDqxtH4

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Metroid Prime Remaster getting a surprise drop later today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kc-wp20vE

Looks like it's had an actual glow-up too, rather than just running in HD. Looks like new models and textures, reworked lighting too?
Been a while since I played Prime 1.

Has dual analogue aiming as well.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The original still looks so good upressed to 4k that I'm actually not too bothered about picking this up straight away

It also pains me to see the continued erasure of Echoes, the dark horse of the series

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 9, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

No Dignity posted:

The original still looks so good upressed to 4k that I'm actually not too bothered about picking up up straight away

It also pains me to see the continued erasure of Echoes, the dark/light horse of the series

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

at first I thought it was a trilogy re-release and I was excited for Prime 3 with no motion controls.

I also replayed Prime 1 with M+KB like last year, so chalk me up as also wanting an excuse to replay 2.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

No Dignity posted:

It also pains me to see the continued erasure of Echoes, the dark horse of the series

its obviously coming in another year or two along with corruption when nintendo needs switch 2 launch titles

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

The Prime Remaster looks nuts. Nintendo of all companies putting out a remaster that looks better then the original. Pigs have flown. New character models, new textures, gorgeous volumetric fog effects, etc... it really looks beautiful.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
What are the chances it runs at 30 FPS though?

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

ExcessBLarg! posted:

What are the chances it runs at 30 FPS though?

It's 60

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

GotDAYUM! Go Nintendo! I'm hopeful that we see the remaining 2 this year in preparation for a much-nearer-than-anyone-expects Prime 4.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the remaster looks really good but the real test will be if they brought back the charge beam effects that were removed from Trilogy

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

They removed those because they were screen-space effects that didn't work with the pointer aiming right? Does this version have gyro aiming?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
They did. PrimeHack has an option to restore them since it restricts the reticle to the center of the screen and the canon doesn't move. But when I tried them they still didn't quite look right so I kept them off.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I am forcing myself to wait on buying this until I get paid again but I am going to buy the living poo poo out of this. It looks so good man.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Metroid

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Augus posted:

the remaster looks really good but the real test will be if they brought back the charge beam effects that were removed from Trilogy

Theyre back

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does the remaster retain all the little visual touches for the visor? Like the water and steam effects?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I cannot recommend the Remaster enough. The amount of work done to it is almost Remake levels. It looks incredible and is a rock solid 60 FPS.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ok gently caress it I'm buying it

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It's been over two decades, but this comic has once again become relevant;

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's a good time to be a Metroid fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Who actually did the remaster? Was it Retro themselves? One of the known remake/remaster studios? Some internal Nintendo team?