Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm starting to wonder if malcolm x was onto something

There were those two great books recommend on this topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brains
May 12, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

6-3, friend.

you mean 5-4 with one of the dissents being that it didn't go far enough

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I blame Hillary

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
5-4 with Roberts joining the liberals lamenting the majority's love of motivated reasoning, looking around for everyone that did this

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm starting to wonder if malcolm x was onto something

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I've heard the best evidence that ghosts cannot harm the living is the large amounts of unharmed white people.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

The Eyes Have It posted:

I've heard the best evidence that ghosts cannot harm the living is the large amounts of unharmed white people.

That is pretty damning evidence, ngl.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

The Eyes Have It posted:

White devils cannot be harmed by mere ghosts

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Strive to be more like Ray Parker Jr.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Bustin does make me feel good

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I ain't afraid of no sleep

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
woops twitter broke again

https://twitter.com/kyliebytes/status/1623459117846368256?t=Ra5ExuK1ODyQFk7xE6ug0Q&s=19

Edit: and it will be broken further

https://twitter.com/MattNavarra/status/1623455361897467906?t=zjDLFsAt7qK8pMi4AW1YNA&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 9, 2023

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

These tweet limits seem rather high. Wouldn't this only really cause issues with brand/customer service and bot accounts?

To be clear, I understand the poo poo show that must be going on to require such limits. Just curious about why THAT.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A hundred tweets per hour is a shedload for your average shitposter, but I can see how news organizations and such could run into it. Same with five hundred DMs per day.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

These tweet limits seem rather high. Wouldn't this only really cause issues with brand/customer service and bot accounts?

To be clear, I understand the poo poo show that must be going on to require such limits. Just curious about why THAT.

Twitter needs revenue, very very badly. Most social media sites do that by getting revenue from companies in some way or another. Failing to get ads, they're taking a page from every other social site and offering additional functionality to the paid accounts

... except the additional functionality is just poo poo removed earlier. Social sites usually give the paid accounts first dibs on new features - twitter is now giving feature dibs on new first. It's all mangled and from a viewpoint that the companies are stealing money/value from twitter, versus said companies basically creating the content that makes twitter A Thing.

As Daddy Elon is still polarizing the hell out of his brands too

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1623474864664330240

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJSprague24 posted:

Genuinely curious to see how Ron handles Trump. Does he try to be the "sane" one and let grandpa shake his cane while speaking civilly or roll around in the mud and we get the bloodbath to end all political bloodbaths in this country's history?

Narrator: he took the high road and said boring politician things.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1623424004949217282?t=kITcT7DM4NOaOc1lXvQNbA&s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Of COURSE he did this in front of a bunch of gas ranges.

Priorities.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Lmao Desantis is doomed, Trump is going to drag his name through the mud for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see both of them on stage together.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mustang posted:

Lmao Desantis is doomed, Trump is going to drag his name through the mud for the next 2 years.

https://twitter.com/ronravegan/status/1623102155090726912?s=20&t=FBzVmudU0bOYnn5Bw76iBw

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mustang posted:

And if DeSantis somehow ends up winning he's going to get absolutely blitzed on Social Security and Medicare/caid.

Donnie's already testing out "I will never cut Olds Insurance, DeSanctimonious voted for cuts!" but he's probably too dumb to make it stick. Give that same line of attack to a Democratic president stuck in the 90s and DeSantis is going to yell about gas stoves and girls while getting obliterated by Olds Insurance ads.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

taking the high road against trump has been such a successful strategy in the past, i’m sure it’ll work out for ron too

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mustang posted:

Wonder if DeSantis could bribe trump for an embarrassingly small amount. Like $40k to drop out, then promise to name an aircraft carrier after him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's hilarious. Wouldn't he inevitably get one anyway?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

hypnophant posted:

taking the high road against trump has been such a successful strategy in the past, i’m sure it’ll work out for ron too

Someone else put it best

"Wow, big JEB! energy right there."

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I hadn't ever thought about the possibility of 5000 kids getting deployed on the USS TRUMP.

Given the sexual assault problems the navy has, naming a carrier after Donnie is a little too on the nose...

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

bengy81 posted:

I hadn't ever thought about the possibility of 5000 kids getting deployed on the USS TRUMP.

Given the sexual assault problems the navy has, naming a carrier after Donnie is a little too on the nose...

only 3k on the fords i think

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Milo and POTUS posted:

A salty former LCDR is still waiting in hell on the USS Richard Milhous Nixon

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

hypnophant posted:

only 3k on the fords i think

That's ship's force, air crew and others add about another 2500-3000 during deployment.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Jesus. I experienced this post with all five senses.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

bengy81 posted:

Pilots unable to trap due to the glare from the gold plated decks.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sacrist65 posted:

Jesus. I experienced this post with all five senses.

It's going to be a weird version of funny to see what Republican hopefuls do with all this. After years of telling their base that Donald Trump is a deity made flesh and bone for 6 years, they have to somehow convince said base that Donnie is a lying loser who lost to Dementia Joe. Don't think that's going to fly with 50% of Republicans!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

It's going to be a weird version of funny to see what Republican hopefuls do with all this. After years of telling their base that Donald Trump is a deity made flesh and bone for 6 years, they have to somehow convince said base that Donnie is a lying loser who lost to Dementia Joe. Don't think that's going to fly with 50% of Republicans!

If they were rational actors, yes. But we’re in a world where if a candidate ran with no platform and his ads were just him silently putting bibles in an wood chipper, if he had (R) next to his name he’d still have a floor of 30% of the vote.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

If they were rational actors, yes. But we’re in a world where if a candidate ran with no platform and his ads were just him silently putting bibles in an wood chipper, if he had (R) next to his name he’d still have a floor of 30% of the vote.

Well yeah those woke bibles make baby Jesus cry.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah and the Dems may still gently caress this up pretty cool reality we have here*

*it isn't cool

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The bible has all sort of woke stuff in it so yeah, they’d burn it.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Burt Bacharach died, got to 94. He wrote this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDyiREoBw0o

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1623735331261452289?t=BIkFJZbN6_96_vXROatjgg&s=19

I would say it is probably declassified by now

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Sonny I've been misplacing classified documents since before you had a helicopter"

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

The bible has all sort of woke stuff in it so yeah, they’d burn it.

I am in the process of converting to Catholicism, which requires you attend like six months' worth of classes called RCIA, or Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. Last class was about Catholic social teachings, and the speaker was talking about things like caring for the poor, showing compassion and working towards the greater good, uniting as workers and supporting unions, caring for babies even after birth, being against the death penalty; you know, typical Democratic views. Looking around the room, I noticed a lot of the men in the room getting uncomfortable.

What was really hilarious to watch was their reaction to her talking about women's rights and how it pertains to contraception and how the church is beginning to lean towards accepting its use within a marriage due to allowing for the safety of the mother in spacing out pregnancies, and to help ensure that the number of children they have is sustainable. I saw one old dude's face turn beet red in barely contained anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

GoGoGadget posted:

I saw one old dude's face turn beet red in barely contained anger.

I get the mindset of "I grew up Catholic and was taught all my life that this was anathema" and reacting badly. Dumb but I get it. But this was a convert? From what? Why are you mad at this religion you're still learning? :psyduck:

GAWT DURNIT I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE ONE WHERE THE WOMEN HAD TO MAKE BABIES, GONNA HAVE TO RECONSIDER :bahgawd: