Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Palmtree Panic posted:

It was always listed as $60.

I must have been dreaming. Still good value. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Metroid Prime remaster is the most beautiful game I've ever seen? How do they do it.

That’s how it was back on the GameCube. poo poo still holds up. It’s so amazing and I’m in love all over again.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does missile canceling still work?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The prime remaster looks good but the original nailed it hard enough that I might prefer that in highres. 6th gen nostalgia is in play there though

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Looks loving awesome on the OLED. Still looks great and runs smooth on a 55” display too.

Dual stick controls with gyro aiming looks to be the best setting.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't think most people differentiate between remake and remaster, but to me a remake is what they did with Zero Mission or Samus Returns

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

CharlestheHammer posted:

The original Metroid prime was clunky that’s just what is was. It’s not that anymore and hasn’t been for a bit so no real point in pretending otherwise

no it wasnt. sorry

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I've never played Metroid Prime, so I'm excited to finally be able to experience it.

I'm also excited to play the Minish Cap again too. That was one of my favorite games on the GBA and a great Zelda game with a cute art style.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axel Serenity posted:

I've been asking for this for like several months in Discord and the dream is real

Hopefully with it being so cheap and a ton of Vtubers playing it last season, Konami will realize there's a market in the U.S. for the full game modes with the RPG and visual novel campaign stuff, but this has made my night already.

It’s barebones but plays so smoothly

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

OhFunny posted:

I've never played Metroid Prime, so I'm excited to finally be able to experience it.

I'm also excited to play the Minish Cap again too. That was one of my favorite games on the GBA and a great Zelda game with a cute art style.

I've never played either, I'm pumped

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

idk why anyond would bother making another baseball game for Switch when Super Mega Baseball 3, the GOAT already exists :thunk:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Regarding the BK1+2 Remaster:

quote:

Q. What enhancements were made to this version of the game?
The visual quality of the game has been improved, including the UI and graphics for the main characters and objects in the field.

In addition to stabilizing the frame rate, "Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster” introduces new features such as encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save to make it even more accessible to new players

Also confirms no new content and will have Japanese-only VO, which is a big surprise and not an unwelcome one

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Didni't they say Prime was available on 2/22? Not seeing it on any store fronts.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I started playing Gargoyle's Quest because it's one of my favorite GB games still. Then after 20 minutes of not using rewind I remembered how the game hates you and wants to waste your time (don't get HP back when you exit a level, no way to just drop down from a wall grab) and embraced it.

Would have anyway, just forgot that the game hated you from the very start :love:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Waltzing Along posted:

Didni't they say Prime was available on 2/22? Not seeing it on any store fronts.

People are playing it now so I think it’s on your end there

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I think that's the physical version? Digital is already up on Switch store.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

WarpDogs posted:

Also confirms no new content and will have Japanese-only VO, which is a big surprise and not an unwelcome one

But what if I want my high school theater listened to through a tin can English VO

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I just did like 80 hours in FE engage and looks like prime remaster is gonna consume me

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus poo poo this is good

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Waltzing Along posted:

Press and hold power button so you can reset the Switch (not sleep mode) . Everything showed up for me after that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/Meruleaf_/status/1623483402275131393?t=nJ3ajzbK7gFiF0NwFtFcPw&s=19

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

WarpDogs posted:

Man, that's kind of a bummer. The weird-rear end voice acting with the terrible filter that is eventually explained in-game fit the vibe.

Extremely great Direct. The Layton revival and Ghost Trick remake are my highlights.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Barreft posted:

I just did like 80 hours in FE engage and looks like prime remaster is gonna consume me
Eh Prime isn't exactly an 80 hour game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh wow they included an option to enable the corny narrator at the beginning of the game from the overseas versions lol. did not expect that.
should've also included the cut Jennifer Hale narration imo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Eh Prime isn't exactly an 80 hour game.

I just meant something that'll consume my time. usually I ADD-out and never finish games or play for like 5 minutes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cool I guess the war in Ukraine is over now.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

uber_stoat posted:

cool I guess the war in Ukraine is over now.

Not yet, but Nintendo has reason to believe it will end by April 21 :tinfoil:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nintendo, you dirty dirty company! Let me rest and have a cigarette between you showing off your naughty special games just for me! :stonk:

I don't even smoke, but after an hour of that I'm gonna need a little something, goddrat. :magical:

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo, you dirty dirty company! Let me rest and have a cigarette between you showing off your naughty special games just for me! :stonk:

I don't even smoke, but after an hour of that I'm gonna need a little something, goddrat. :magical:

Dang. If they showed something decent you may have had a heart attack

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

only with the power of the wintendo switch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Come to think of it. It's kind of weird they didn't mention theaterythmn. I have a feeling it's going to sell a ton either way, but you would have thought they would have popped it into the sizzle reel or something

Still waiting for February 16th with anticipation, I actually picked up Dragon quest theater rhythm on my 3DS because the demo for final bar is just not satiating the cravings

Dragon quest theater rhythm is pretty awesome, but the overall song selection is a little anemic. Still a ton of fun

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Increasingly sure that I will never buy another console

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rageaholic posted:

Currently playing Game Boy Tetris. Oh man, this is taking me back. I'm still dogshit at it!

My favorite bit of tetris trivia is that the A-music, aka "what everyone knows as the Tetris song", was not the music in the first run of JP Tetris carts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctSb06CR6Y

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this isn't disco prince so you're wrong

DISCO*PRINCE isn't a theme song, and it also isn't Lonely Rolling Star

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Prime remaster is SO GOOD. I bet it sells like gangbusters.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm a sicko who wants a physical copy of prime remaster and it's not up for pre-order anywhere :mad:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So it looks like Retro themselves are behind the remaster. Gives me hope for 4, they can still nail the art style

hatty fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 9, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm a sicko who wants a physical copy of prime remaster and it's not up for pre-order anywhere :mad:

Buy an SD card old man

Going full digital is the best gaming decision I ever made

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hatty posted:

So it looks like Retro themselves is behind the remaster. Gives me hope for 4, they can still nail the art style

Oh gently caress yeah. I'm extremely optimistic about it now.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm a dumb idiot who went on a holiday for the first time in my adult life last week so I can't afford to buy metroid prime remastered for a while but I'm enjoying minish cap and warioware so thank you for thinking of people like me nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm a dumb idiot who went on a holiday for the first time in my adult life last week so I can't afford to buy metroid prime remastered for a while but I'm enjoying minish cap and warioware so thank you for thinking of people like me nintendo

You better get on the horn with JG Wentworth and get some cash now!