Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

apparently there is a secret undocumented mechanic to mute others from hearing your voicelines in ow2? spending dev time to suck the fun out of the game lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMiXr-3lQh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Ball buffs are real, had one that was an absolute nightmare on that new push map, we just could not kill it and the ball stun + moira teleporting in to suck your life out combo was incredible

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
So I haven't played since the mid season patch last season. Now my games are filled with the sounds of clopping feet coming from every direction. What the hell did they do?

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Dick Jones posted:

Edit: OW1 year-round skins are purchasable with legacy credits but virtually all event skins are locked behind the OW2 coins. Tulum Sombra , Warlock Ashe, and Tropical Baptiste are just a few examples. Wandering Monk Ramattra was purchasable with legacy credits last week but is now only obtainable with OW2 coins.

With S3, this is now changed. You can earn the OW1 holiday/event skins with legacy credits now. I just logged in right now and confirmed that all of the Reinhardt holiday skins I skipped in the last 2 years of Overwatch are now purchasable with Legacy/Overwatch Credits.

New skins for old characters that came out since OW2 launch is not purchasable with Overwatch Credits and require Overwatch Coins (premium currency). Looking at Rammatra, I can buy everything that came with him at his launch with Legacy Credits with the exception of his Battle Pass locked skins/emote or Shop only Victory Pose. His Monk Legendary skin does show Coins for me, but I assume that’s because I have less than 1900 Credits.

They really should change the name and fix the icons in the battlepass.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I didn't notice a software update for OW2, so where's the new map been hiding?

I also started the BP at level 6 for whatever reason, so there's that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ok, not being able to die as the rodent is pretty funny.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mercy just seems completely insane now holy crap

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The guardian angel nerf is hard to get used to but she's a lot of fun. It is REALLY hard to kill a tank she is backpacking

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I mean making her easier to kill and also a higher priority seems like an on point decision.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah the movement nerf was absolutely great but the increased healing on low hp targets means that it now feels better to actually try and kill her. I like that change a lot.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

MJBuddy posted:

So I haven't played since the mid season patch last season. Now my games are filled with the sounds of clopping feet coming from every direction. What the hell did they do?

There was a bug with footstep SFX last season and I'm assuming in addition to trying to fix that, it introduced a new bug that fucks up footstep audio when dynamic sound changes are supposed to apply (like inside tunnels, closed structures, etc). It's especially bad on Midtown and Junkertown so far. It's been reported

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I don't know if it's because it's the start of a new season or if they've tweaked the matchmaking but my QP games have all been extremely sweaty and less likely to be a complete stomp. It's been kinda great.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I don't know if it's because it's the start of a new season or if they've tweaked the matchmaking but my QP games have all been extremely sweaty and less likely to be a complete stomp. It's been kinda great.

Holy poo poo this right here. QP is incredibly fun right now

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

MJBuddy posted:

I mean making her easier to kill and also a higher priority seems like an on point decision.

Not easy enough. Lower her HP to 150.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The foot stomp thing is annoying because I really want an accessibility addition of some sort of visual indicator where you are getting shot from. Turning up steps makes it WORSE for me to try to figure out where the sound came from

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Rick posted:

The foot stomp thing is annoying because I really want an accessibility addition of some sort of visual indicator where you are getting shot from. Turning up steps makes it WORSE for me to try to figure out where the sound came from

Best thing Fortnite ever did was this.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is it just me or did they over do it a little bit with wrecking ball? He's like borderline unkillable. I've had multiple games now where he never dies

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wrecking ball was always borderline unkillable :ssh:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm really feeling the 'nade nerf, it's just so pointless.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Wrecking ball only really dies now if he's bad.

Best part is that sombra is also so bad that swapping to her is actively making your team worse.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Weren't they supposed to change the matchmaker this season so that the roles are balanced?

Because that's sure isn't the case right now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Weren't they supposed to change the matchmaker this season so that the roles are balanced?

Because that's sure isn't the case right now.

SOMETHING has changed in the matchmaker imo, because every game is sweaty as hell but not necessarily a stomp. I've had Push matches where we actually managed to rally and win from a losing position, something that never used to happen in season 2

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
New season patch bias. I just sat outside the enemies spawn the entire game as tracer/monkey/genji/lucio murdering everyone who tried to leave.

The moira back on cart was a little bored but managed to keep bouncing heal balls our way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's interesting how the patch where they change how matchmaking works is the patch where the rating display in profiles breaks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/h5xMDJCoCsk

Undocumented character changes are my favorite things.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jack Trades posted:

https://youtu.be/h5xMDJCoCsk

Undocumented character changes are my favorite things.

Haha that turret bug is a real mother fucker. Lots of people gonna be extremely confused when the payload eats their turrets.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i noticed the ult timing right away but im surprised i havent noticed turrets getting eaten by environment objects

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
So I'm getting irrationally annoyed at Moira.
Seems as my level (Bronze/Silver I guess? I don't play comp) whenever there's a Moira they just run around sucking the life out of people at 20 meters away and no one can kill them. She self heals from doing damage, fades away when low HP and is generally just a pain to deal with.
I'm just sick of seeing DPS Moira's and want to know how to deal with them better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Treat a DPS Moira like you would a Reaper if Reaper had the lowest damage output in the game.

Either burn her down fast, or if none of your dps are good enough to do that then just shoot her enough to scare her off and then go back to doing what you were doing before.
Chsising a Moira is the biggest mistake you can do against her.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Nutsak posted:

Seems as my level (Bronze/Silver I guess? I don't play comp) whenever there's a Moira they just run around sucking the life out of people at 20 meters away and no one can kill them. She self heals from doing damage, fades away when low HP and is generally just a pain to deal with.
I'm just sick of seeing DPS Moira's and want to know how to deal with them better.

Torb turrets are a huge pain for Moira, both because they just automatically shoot her and will 100% hit her but also because she gets no life from right clicking them. Reaper and Mei are also difficult especially for lower ranked Moiras, although Reaper its usually more with getting dove him him, he's probably not just going to be hanging around the backline defending vs a diving Moira.

Also, another Moira is a pretty effective counter if you're playing support. They will just gently caress off and go somewhere less annoying to deal with.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Nutsak posted:

honestly if you're alone against the moira, stand completely still and take your time aiming at her. she's gonna succ you anyway so you might as well stop worrying about being evasive

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Now that she has a huge boost to healing low HP targets, are more Mercy players finally shooting things?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Who do I look like? Soldier? No, he shoots things and I help.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Did anyone else lose a full metal rank in all of their roles? Cuz I did.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Can't lose a rank when you're cemented in Bronze 5!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They do that at the start of the season now.

Your SR is unchanged, only your fake rank, so that you can get the sense of pride and accomplishment for grinding it back up every season.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i am loving Rammatra lately so much its such a breath of fresh air

now to understand when to do all my skills

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I worked up from Bronze to Silver 5,4 over the whole season and then when the new season game I was told I ended at Gold 4. This whole having to work up to your metal rank is kinda absurd.

So I thought I was a Silver 4 player but apparently I've been match made as a Gold 4 without knowing it.

Oh yeah everyone gets reset WAY down, so you can enjoy the progression of the indicator growing back to where you are. Your hidden rank is used to queue into games but you have to win like 30 games (or lose 140) to actually know your real rank. Your visual rank is a joke so you feel like you are progressing back up each season.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

they did say they are getting rid of the artificial rank regression at the start of a new season...starting next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah that's great especially when it deranks you to a full metal tier below and then you're not able to role pick with your buddies because you're too low and have to solo grind on your own time to get back up to the metal tier you were, relying on the largesse of pubbies and hoping you can eke out enough wins for a rank update. Cool, Blizzard.