Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
slavery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

the gap! (gently caress yeah)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pffft. I smoke the cigarettes that pleasure me.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

this lady has a point, i should be allowed to behead the guy in the Goofy costume if i accidentally see him out on a smoke break with half his costume on

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

is pepsi ok posted:

I think this is a pretty good example of what Byung-Chul Han talks about i.e. people can't imagine that it's the things they love that are killing them (cheap and widely available processed food) so they must invent some nebulous outside evil that is ruining the thing that we all agree is good.

sidebar: i like his work, but i read his burnout book recently and this was the opening paragraph lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

exmarx posted:

sidebar: i like his work, but i read his burnout book recently and this was the opening paragraph lol

yea lol that really stood out even when I read it. can't always hit the mark

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1385581448363716608?s=20&t=EWabfMRrBcOmFlZkIwvCmA

Edit: since it's paywalled

Disney is forgetting that guest immersion is at the core of its business model. When I stand in Galaxy’s Edge or Fantasyland, I know I am in a theme park but through immersion and my willingness to set the real world aside, something magical happens.

That spell is broken when the immersive experience is shattered by the real world. And boy, has Disney been breaking the immersion.

Recently, Disney announced that cast members are now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts. Disney did all of this in the name of allowing cast members to express themselves.

The problem is, I’m not traveling across the country and paying thousands of dollars to watch someone I do not know express themselves. I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger’s self-expression. I do not begrudge these people their individuality and I wish them well in their personal lives, but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.

What’s next, is Disney going to end the rule barring on stage cellphone use by cast members as an infringement on self-expression.

More broadly, like many corporations, Disney has been politicizing its business. Full disclosure: I am a Christian and a conservative Republican, so the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye.

extremely mad to discover that workers are actual human beings

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

I live in Florida, no loving way do I trust our ailing infrastructure to provide me actual clean water.

do you trust the people selling you the filters tho

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

I piss on a toilet paper tube packed with charcoal, then drink what filters out of that. Of course I trust me!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ELTON JOHN posted:

pros: removes lead
cons: adds mercury

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
It took me 3 seconds to realize he's not mad at inclusive haircuts like "woke" blue hair, but inclusive haircuts like natural Black hair.

gently caress

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

thetan_guy42 posted:

Disney and Florida are fighting right now and I hope they both lose

It's very funny because first DeSantis wanted to dissolve the special zone DW resides in (population: about 50, all Disney employees). However, that would mean all debts and obligations would immediately fall on one of two neighboring counties. The special zone is absolutely loaded with debt, because why on earth wouldn't it be? Disney isn't taxing itself to operate the "town" at a surplus; the whole thing is operating costs for the parks, so of course it's leveraged to the hilt.

So DeSantis thinks he'll appoint the board of the special zone, instead, as if Disney won't instantly pay off every single one of them.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Greg12 posted:

It took me 3 seconds to realize he's not mad at inclusive haircuts like "woke" blue hair, but inclusive haircuts like natural Black hair.

gently caress

lol gently caress

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
carpeted bathrooms

running the central air on full blast every 10 minutes instead of having a nice even flow

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

freaking out about balloons

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

conversely, stay-tucked undershirts

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i don't like their accent

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

they claim they don't have an accent

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i have a beautiful accent

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Americans love to run the AC and fan on full blast in their cars in summer, and when the interior of the car gets too cold they love to just turn off the fan, but leave the AC on, so that you're now humid, muggy and cold instead of blast chilled cold. When I told them to put the fan and the temperature to a mild, comfortable setting where they could be set for hours at a time, they looked at me like I was from Europe.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get why the dial even has that big part in the middle where warm and cold overlap. I literally only ever put it on max hot or max cold, feels like a waste of money to put it to any other setting

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

EEKA GEEK posted:

I don't get why the dial even has that big part in the middle where warm and cold overlap. I literally only ever put it on max hot or max cold, feels like a waste of money to put it to any other setting

running your cars HVAC is essentially free

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lord help you it you try to roll down the windows with a passenger

unless it's pouring rain or below freezing I always have my windows down to be aware of traffic more and some people absolutely loving hate it

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Cerebral Bore posted:

extremely mad to discover that workers are actual human beings

This reads like a John podhoretz article

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Rural americans love to treat highway signs as target practice while they're driving. Its pretty fun

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

force citizens to pledge allegiance to a foreign country to do business with us state governments

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they love comparing presidents and arguing about who’s the best Hitler out of the bunch

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

guidoanselmi posted:

force citizens to pledge allegiance to a foreign country to do business with us state governments

This is so hosed up lol

Just gotta make sure you're down with apartheid is all

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

War and Pieces posted:

running your cars HVAC is essentially free

Nah. A cursory google says you'll lose about 3 mpg.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they love comparing presidents and arguing about who’s the best Hitler out of the bunch

lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Weka posted:

Nah. A cursory google says you'll lose about 3 mpg.

heating is free because its harvested from waste exhaust heat, cooling however requires a compressor fed from engine power

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

lord help you it you try to roll down the windows with a passenger

unless it's pouring rain or below freezing I always have my windows down to be aware of traffic more and some people absolutely loving hate it

What da fuq .. just look out the window lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

heating is free because its harvested from waste exhaust heat, cooling however requires a compressor fed from engine power

Cracking the windows when it’s cool and running the heat is Very Nice

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Palladium posted:

True but a hot engine combusts fuel more efficiently as well.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

True but a hot engine combusts fuel more efficiently as well.

that's why cars use variable speed controllers

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Palladium posted:

ah I thought it was battery power

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
in the 1962 volkswagon you opened a vent that allowed air passing over the engine into the cabin, bringing all the dust with it

thats hosed up things germans do, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

War and Pieces posted:

ah I thought it was battery power

Electricity use in a car will also use more fuel.