Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The thing with classic Hägar is that these are the five jokes they then keep repeating for 50 years.

e. well, until Bob Weber jr (allegedly) managed to freshen it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

So the newish thing is going to be…

Another round of Classic Zits! This one from 2013, mostly because I happened upon it. Let’s give it a week or two to see how it plays and then I can either keep scanning or find something new, ya?

Life in Hell

Sylvia

Marlys!

Hell yeah, Marlys.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Final panel should be "That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Willy the Djinn

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 2/12 is now on Sundays!

Archie 6/20-22/46

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
True to form, I've gone and created a backlog, so gonna split it up a bit. Here's the first batch of Ballard Street

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

God drat do I love Ballard Street

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i refuse to call anything that was being published when one of these threads was active "classic"

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

comic strips 2023: the hot dogs were very e.coli

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bibliotechno Music posted:

So the newish thing is going to be…

Another round of Classic Zits! This one from 2013, mostly because I happened upon it. Let’s give it a week or two to see how it plays and then I can either keep scanning or find something new, ya?

Ahh, that's gotta be around peak Incest Edit Era

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

It's infected.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I don't know what gush-slush is intended to be slang for but I definitely went in a specific direction.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 9, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

for the Ghost who Makes Muffins

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Julet Esqu posted:

peak what

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Huh, Phantom looks a little different today. Did the art team change or something?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tree loving Sucks As A Character And Idea, There I Said It.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is at least the second time this "joke" has come up; what the gently caress does Kelley think teenage girls are doing that's using so much data?

I loving hate how every character in this comic consistently refers to that dog as a "frenchie".

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
i am pretty glad we moved on from those

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Just saw that Chris Browne, son of Dik Browne and the current artist of Hagar, passed away a few days ago at the age of 70, RIP.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Hostile V posted:

Tree loving Sucks As A Character And Idea, There I Said It.

"Okay, I am now thinking of it as that, though it's unclear why [unspecified character, perhaps Tree itself] needs to explain that part to me, since I'm a herbivore myself. Followup question: why do you need this, since you two are insectivores? Second followup: why do you need a gravy faucet in your bathroom? One more: is it normal to drink your sentient house's blood?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol whoops! Fixed Phantom, but here it is again for ya.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Selachian posted:

Archie 6/20-22/46

Gush slush. From Mountain Dew.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Feb 22, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 3-4, 1993)

Big Nate

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm ready for this crabgrass story to get to the punchline and move on

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I'm ready for this crabgrass story to get to the punchline and move on

It overstayed its welcome about halfway through the glasses.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Legend of Bill

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 08, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So the last few years of Phantom weekly strips are 'Hey maybe I should be thinking about doing the right thing instead of listening to Mozz'? :v

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Lada is a Russian car brand, and they have been a common sight on Finnish roads for decades due to our proximity to and relationship with the Soviet Union and later Russia. They have always had the reputation for being utterly godawful, made from poor components with bad quality control. But they were cheap, so that's what a lot of Finns drove.

My big Lada memory is riding home with a friend and his mum back in the mid 80s. When we were going down a steep hill, my friend's mum noticed that a loose wheel was rolling past the car and for a moment we were amused and concerned. Then we realized it was a wheel from our car and it was less funny.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

So the last few years of Phantom weekly strips are 'Hey maybe I should be thinking about doing the right thing instead of listening to Mozz'? :v
He already hosed up by liberating the dangerously trigger-happy person and letting them have a grenade launcher; best he can do now is clear everyone else out while she burns out.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

B. Virtanen

ANSU

Fingerpori

What's the accurate term for when you go get your eyesight checked?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Eye exam.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Sep. 11, 1955)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

Lada is a Russian car brand, and they have been a common sight on Finnish roads for decades due to our proximity to and relationship with the Soviet Union and later Russia. They have always had the reputation for being utterly godawful, made from poor components with bad quality control. But they were cheap, so that's what a lot of Finns drove.

My big Lada memory is riding home with a friend and his mum back in the mid 80s. When we were going down a steep hill, my friend's mum noticed that a loose wheel was rolling past the car and for a moment we were amused and concerned. Then we realized it was a wheel from our car and it was less funny.

It picked a fine time to leave you.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/8/03

Brenda Starr 5/15-17/50

I refuse to believe that Pesky has a girl, or that any of the copy girls could be desperate enough to chase him.

Smokey Stover 10/2/52

Everyday Movies 1/31/36

"I'm really only taking this to keep my husband sober."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/17-19/40

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tiggum posted:

This is at least the second time this "joke" has come up; what the gently caress does Kelley think teenage girls are doing that's using so much data?

It's a modern take on the "teenage girls rack up the phonebill talking to friends" joke from the 80s / 90s.

It absolutely does not land in an era where most of a families data usage is going to come from Netflix.