Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i stand by caffeine pills

no need for the bean broth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Epic High Five posted:

Junk food has replaced booze for me and I've gotta do something about it

green tea and those little salted toasted squares of seaweed solves snacking by not solving it, you get to crunch something tasty but you can eat like 50 of them for 15 calories. but don’t buy the incredibly expensive premade single serving packages, buy sushi seaweed and brush it lightly with olive oil, salt, cut into squares, and lightly toast at 300 for 3-5 min

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I might try growing that caffeinated holly . I don't want to culturally appropriate or whatever I just think people are going to be clamoring for locally grown alternatives when our supply systems all fall to poo poo

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't watch the super bowl or sports at all so I'll probably be playing board games with friends online or watching a twitch stream of some kind. Maybe pro wrestling since pro wrestling loving owns

Okay but what about the puppybowl

https://www.discovery.com/shows/puppy-bowl

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Harold Fjord posted:

My wife and I have recently gotten really into decaf because of the Costco Kirkland signature decaf is as delicious as their various other offerings around $10 a pound.

Absolute best price quality ratio I've ever seen on coffee.

I think you're mostly right elephant ambush but I do think it's hard for us to consider the perspective of the posters who feel outnumbered and I think that feeling is a big factor.

Maybe we can build a forums kialo instance

+1 for Kirkland brand stuff because it all seems like a insanely good value. All the store brand alcohol must be rebrands because they're too good to be anything else

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

110 new posts! the future is now!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

green tea and those little salted toasted squares of seaweed solves snacking by not solving it, you get to crunch something tasty but you can eat like 50 of them for 15 calories. but don’t buy the incredibly expensive premade single serving packages, buy sushi seaweed and brush it lightly with olive oil, salt, cut into squares, and lightly toast at 300 for 3-5 min

Already at a liter+ of tea a day so that's not solving anything, I do like those seaweed snacks tho. Mostly I just need to cook more miscellaneous snacks to keep around and not just big balanced meals. Sweating over a bag of tacos is still a lot better than a 6 pack with 2 Monacos to chase every evening like it used to be

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im sorry to hear about what happened to your habitat restoration work

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

World Famous W posted:

im sorry to hear about what happened to your habitat restoration work
thank you, friend. yesterday i visited a tree i planted a few years ago, it's taller than me now and there was some kind of bug orgy going on in the foliage. life goes on :unsmith:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bishyaler posted:

It sounds like a silly lifehack but I've started drinking near-beer when stressed out at work. My brain is too dumb to realize that I'm not actually feeding it booze so I still get a nice dopamine hit.
I’ve been wanting to get some CBD flower (…that’s just hemp, I guess?) for similar reasons. (It’s probably even a bit better than NA beer in that it theoretically would have some chemical effect.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWIhLmIiYzA

E: I’m looking into it and places seem to be charging actual “weed” prices for hemp flower. It should be like five dollars a god drat pound! If I can’t get a much better price than that then I refuse to buy any, as much as I would like some.

E2: found a place with $25 ounces. Now we’re getting somewhere.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 8, 2023

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i have had no weed for many weeks and a new shipment is arriving today

it comes with a fluro label that says URGENT MEDICAL DELIVERY which always makes me laugh

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Mellow Seas posted:

I’ve been wanting to get some CBD flower (…that’s just hemp, I guess?) for similar reasons. (It’s probably even a bit better than NA beer in that it theoretically would have some chemical effect.)

I buy CBD strains from a place called tweedle farms. I mix it in with my regular weed for the CBD since most THC strains have been THC maximized at the cost of most other cannabinoids. It makes my vape remains full spectrum so my butter is super potent.

I find that flower with a broad spectrum of cannabinoids makes a much better experience than extreme THC potency. Unfortunately most dispensaries that sell regular flower don't agree.

I just want a nice haze with 5-8% CBD, and 15%-20% THC, and a smattering of everything else.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I get edibles sometimes that are 5:25 THC:CBD and they're my favorite. Edibles are all there is unfortunately since we're gonna be the last state in the country to legalize weed and will probably have to be forced to by the Feds. In 6 months my tolerance has barely gone up at all which is a win in my book but I also don't like getting mega blasted, just feeling relaxed and laugh-ey

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i have no idea what cbd or thc or any of the percentages mean, just give me a magic herb that turns me into a wizard

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
You've never been too wizard and just entirely lost control of your magic?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a strange fowl posted:

i have no idea what cbd or thc or any of the percentages mean, just give me a magic herb that turns me into a wizard

You're thinking of celibacy

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Mellow Seas posted:

E: I’m looking into it and places seem to be charging actual “weed” prices for hemp flower. It should be like five dollars a god drat pound! If I can’t get a much better price than that then I refuse to buy any, as much as I would like some.

E2: found a place with $25 ounces. Now we’re getting somewhere.

Very interested if this works and how it compares with CBD oil. Report back with your findings!

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Harold Fjord posted:

You've never been too wizard and just entirely lost control of your magic?
that's when i get permabanned

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Epic High Five posted:

Edibles are all there is unfortunately since we're gonna be the last state in the country to legalize weed and will probably have to be forced to by the Feds.
alabama passed medical a bit back. while i can't find exact numbers on it and they only started taking applications last september, i've yet to meet someone whos got it

a strange fowl posted:

:same:

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Epic High Five posted:

we're gonna be the last state in the country to legalize weed and will probably have to be forced to by the Feds.

Where you at? Be interesting to see who's last on legalization. ND barely passed medical and our legislature took the initiated measure, sat on it for 1.5 years, and then reintroduced medical with a completely different set of restrictive laws, none of which we voted for.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

different times

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 16, 2023

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
thats salvia, not weed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

Where you at? Be interesting to see who's last on legalization. ND barely passed medical and our legislature took the initiated measure, sat on it for 1.5 years, and then reintroduced medical with a completely different set of restrictive laws, none of which we voted for.

Indiana, the state AG a few years back had to literally order the state troopers multiple times to stop raiding shops with CBD products lol. Since then there has been absolutely no movement, no bills, no debate, nothin. State GOP stance is "we will when the Feds make us" and the Feds aren't ever gonna do that so it's never gonna happen. Whenever it comes time to moan about how there's not enough revenue the response is basically just a flat "No", not even a super corrupt and lovely implementation is being considered.

If there's another contender I'm not sure who it would be, Utah probably except I think they got medical by ballot

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

World Famous W posted:

thats salvia, not weed

I swear doing a gravity bong hit of Salvia knocked me off the rails I was put on at a young age. How could my insignificant self-centered concerns be weighty enough to bring me down after experiencing my own morality and one-ness with the cycle?

Can't smoke weed at the moment because I've got trivia coming up and weed makes me less fun for such things.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bishyaler posted:

It sounds like a silly lifehack but I've started drinking near-beer when stressed out at work. My brain is too dumb to realize that I'm not actually feeding it booze so I still get a nice dopamine hit.

Heiniken 00 and St Pauli's Girl are p good. Give it a try!

Edit: I work from home, don't try this in the office

I read a very funny Reddit thread or something once where a guy was, similarly, saying he’d successfully kicked drinking by realizing that he was psychologically more attached to the action of crushing a 12-rack of beers than he was to alcohol, so he switched to crushing 12-racks of NA beer, but the issue was that he also wanted to do that in his office now that he wasn’t hiding his drinking anymore and his coworkers were looking askance at it

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

salvia has absolutely no effect on me :( neither does peyote

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would suggest that that means you are actually naturally tripping face 24/7

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

I would suggest that that means you are actually naturally tripping face 24/7

Being surrounded by exploding eucalyptus trees, spider rains, and killer toads will do that to a person.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If anyone is tripping face 24/7 it's definitely ASF and I mean that in the most affectionate way possible

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Pretty sure the last year of this thread has just been gojm talking to himself and avs making sporadic posts between probes. Occasionally kals will show up with some food gifs to remind us that the world is a terrifying place.

this is not true, i am talking to the many friendly lurkers who follow the thread but are too shy to post. i'm sure there are dozens of them, and they are all my friends

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the only apparent quality of that post is “unreadable”

you good?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wait, how finely shredded chicken are we talking here, like pulverised?
I actually did accidentally drat near powder it this time. There's no appetizing way I can describe the mixture sitting in my fridge right now but it's still delicious.

Two pulses in the food processor and anything that still looks remotely like a partial chicken breast (instead of shredded chicken) can easily be pulled apart when dumping back in. Forkshredding is definitely better but this is so much quicker and I'm a deeply lazy fucker for most meals. Less than 10min active time fits the bill. I use an electric pressure cooker, 20 minutes on high and a natural release.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My gf’s mom gave us an air fryer recently so we’ve just been throwing stuff into that to see what comes out good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

I actually did accidentally drat near powder it this time. There's no appetizing way I can describe the mixture sitting in my fridge right now but it's still delicious.

Two pulses in the food processor and anything that still looks remotely like a partial chicken breast (instead of shredded chicken) can easily be pulled apart when dumping back in. Forkshredding is definitely better but this is so much quicker and I'm a deeply lazy fucker for most meals. Less than 10min active time fits the bill. I use an electric pressure cooker, 20 minutes on high and a natural release.

I see, that does make actualy a fair bit of utilitarian sense for a salad payload, even if, yeah, “cold gravy with chicken sand” is probably not the sales pitch you'd invest into

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

World Famous W posted:

i stand by caffeine pills

no need for the bean broth

I chug redbulls when lazy and coffee when not, caffeine pills take the fun out of it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Pirate Radar posted:

My gf’s mom gave us an air fryer recently so we’ve just been throwing stuff into that to see what comes out good

Are they worth it? Heard a lot of hype about them, but not sure if we should pull the trigger. Are they easier/better tasting that standard cooking?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
It's a more specialized toaster oven, if you have an electric oven with convection, you will accomplish the same.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I think we should give conservatives one year to really just own every part of the Superbowl. They can host it in Florida and some Christian rapper named 2thaXross can have the halftime show. All of the ads can be for Mormon mlms.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Please post better Christian rapper names ITT. Im working on my personal brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Are they worth it? Heard a lot of hype about them, but not sure if we should pull the trigger. Are they easier/better tasting that standard cooking?

It's been very helpful at offsetting our gas oven.

Get the kind that has a removable basket drawer not the toaster oven kind.

It's just a small convection oven but they do work very well. Ours gets used every day.