Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Postman posted:

Kuru Kuru Kururin is a nice surprise.

i had a period of my life where i was obsessed with this poo poo. well mostly Kururin Paradise. but it kicks rear end. i was a master of the stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Whoever was waiting for BOTW to go on sale again: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1623511767363072001

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I still haven't gotten it. Is this the time?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Metroid Prime is still really, really good and the remaster looks and plays great. It’s a lot darker than I remember though. Not in tone, but visually. Unless I’m in a brightly lit outdoor area, I can’t see poo poo. It’s like scuba diving in black coffee and there’s no gamma or brightness sliders to mess around with.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Splatoon DLC pricing up

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/splatoon-3-expansion-pass-switch/

$25 is a bit steep with very little info

“A new single-player campaign called Side Order super jumps to the Splatoon 3 game in the second wave of this DLC. See what has become of Inkopolis Square, the central area featured in the Splatoon 2 game!”

At least it seems like the story revolves around Inkopolis Square, so the alt lobby seems like more of a bonus while they are still working on DLC

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 9, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Almost Smart posted:

Metroid Prime is still really, really good and the remaster looks and plays great. It’s a lot darker than I remember though. Not in tone, but visually. Unless I’m in a brightly lit outdoor area, I can’t see poo poo. It’s like scuba diving in black coffee and there’s no gamma or brightness sliders to mess around with.

Welcome to the poo poo, Marine 🫡

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zurtilik posted:

Never played the original Wario Ware. It rules as expected.

I wish Konami would finally bring Bishi Bashi to US audiences. It was a PS1 game series that was similar, but focused around competitive play. There was a European release but Americans never got to know this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxtpUf3S1g

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Life Hack: buy Metroid Prime for $40 and TotK for $70, to bring the average cost of the games to $55.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mdemone posted:

Yes. It goes on sale maybe one a year and always for $40

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kirios posted:

If the entire trilogy gets this loved I have no issue paying 120 vs 60 for a simple Trilogy port.

This is incredible. I love what they've done to one of my favorite games ever.

i keep stopping to just soak in the ambience, they really knocked it out of the park.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Steve Yun posted:

I wish Konami would finally bring Bishi Bashi to US audiences. It was a PS1 game series that was similar, but focused around competitive play. There was a European release but Americans never got to know this game

Choosing a thread tag on SA:

https://twitter.com/FakeEnormous/status/1554279276827910145

I stole that joke, I thought it was in the replies but I didn't see it, so I passed it along

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

drat the computer sucks at Uncle Bean

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

40 dollars on sale, 6 years after release. Can the marketing department of Nintendo go gently caress themselves already?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John Lee posted:

I stole that joke, I thought it was in the replies but I didn't see it, so I passed it along

Love me some forums daruma

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Me after spending $$ building a new gaming PC “man can’t wait to play all these PC games”

Me after watching another Nintendo Direct
“Welp looks like I’m playing Metroid Prime Remake and Advance Wars on 6 year old Switch hardware instead”

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Goddamn they love dropping incredible Metroid games outta nowhere

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Was not expecting a whole rear end remaster of Prime with new graphics and all these control options. Very well played.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mdemone posted:

Now's absolutely the time, you've got just enough time to complete it and really soak it all in before TotK launches, and as mentioned upthread, this game goes on sale like once a year

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Infinitum posted:

GET READY FOR 20MIN OF FARMING GAMES

MJeff posted:

Whew, finally, a farming game.

MechaX posted:

These bastards straight snuck in one last farming game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wheo2KIMXnY

DLC Inc posted:

hasnt AW been done for months wtf lol
It's been done for a year I think

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 9, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Now's absolutely the time, you've got just enough time to complete it and really soak it all in before TotK launches, and as mentioned upthread, this game goes on sale like once a year

Well poo poo. This is not helping the backlog issue.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey I never done the Switch vouchers, but how long are they on sale? I'd like to get the two on my next paycheck in two weeks since I know I'll buy the new Zelda and Pikmin 4 so might as well save in the long run.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

John Lee posted:

Mods please give me a ROBOT and MISTAKES gang tags.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
just found out about metroid and im hollerin in my office holy poo poo

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kvlt! posted:

idk why anyond would bother making another baseball game for Switch when Super Mega Baseball 3, the GOAT already exists :thunk:

I say this as a fan, Its crazy ugly

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Upsidads posted:

I say this as a fan, Its crazy ugly
The silly character models and pretty stadiums save it imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey I never done the Switch vouchers, but how long are they on sale? I'd like to get the two on my next paycheck in two weeks since I know I'll buy the new Zelda and Pikmin 4 so might as well save in the long run.

They were available for about a year last time so they should be there in two weeks

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

beer gas canister posted:

how long were they sitting on this without saying anything lol
I know there were constantly rumors and leaks about it but those always made it sound like they were at most just gonna upscale the Wii version

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The pixel mask on the Game Boy emulator really gives it the right look. Reminds me of long family road trips playing tetris as my father gets increasingly irate.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Augus posted:

I know there were constantly rumors and leaks about it but those always made it sound like they were at most just gonna upscale the Wii version

some of the leaks said it's been done since mid-2021, but those were also saying it'd be this sort of total graphical overhaul, not a barebones port

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Me after spending $$ building a new gaming PC “man can’t wait to play all these PC games”

Me after watching another Nintendo Direct
“Welp looks like I’m playing Metroid Prime Remake and Advance Wars on 6 year old Switch hardware instead”

You can buy the game and emulate it on better hardware

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I yelled "holy poo poo, yes!" and my wife asked from across the house if I was okay.

Metroid remaster is loving great. Hopefully 2 and 3 get the same treatment. Would love to play 3 without motion controls, could never get into it and the trilogy release on Wii as a result.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The silly character models and pretty stadiums save it imo

i was happy they have women but then the options were 3 characters from clayfighters for faces, where the men have like Ickybod Clay,Tiny, Bonker, and Blob

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Augus posted:

It definitely feels like a Prime 4 trial run. It rules

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The urge to use rewind in Wario Ware is maddening.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wario would want you to cheat

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

hatty posted:

Wario would want you to cheat

Wario would want you to cheat... at other people's games.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Augus posted:

yeah unless I'm missing something it's just Retro that's credited for the Remaster. they're still the masters of getting the best possible graphics and performance out of Nintendo's consoles.
I guess this kinda serves as a tech demo for Prime 4 then, huh

Yeah they’re the Naughty Dog of Nintendo consoles except they make fun games instead of long movies with control sticks

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i'm one of the like 5 people who preferred Echoes to MP1 so this gives me hope for the future

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

dodgeblan posted:

i'm one of the like 5 people who preferred Echoes to MP1 so this gives me hope for the future

when i first played echoes on the gamecube i bounced off of it before too long, but when i gave it a second shot in the wii trilogy i got hooked like a hungry fish. it was so goddamn weird and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
decapolice looks like the most psp/vita-rear end game and im all for that kind of poo poo