Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Friendly reminder, looking for some pioneering spirited individuals to try this madness:
(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023457)

Victor Vermis posted:

WELCOME TO THE MARVEL SNAP DRAFT CHAMPIONSHIP THING! Season 1: A Time to Clobber

THE PREMISE
10 "Coaches" (that's you)..
*Draft a pool of 16 cards
Play 8 Battle Mode Matches against the other coaches
And then the top coaches battle it out in the playoffs to determine who will be the MSDCT CHAMPION

THE COACHES
- :justpost:
- Include your Snap! name. Change it to something cool/generic now, you only get to do it once a month.
- Please try to be available during USA hours 6pm eastern to 11pm eastern or so.. That's already a big window, and this thing's gonna die in the cradle if we try to accommodate Aussies and Brits or whatever.
- When we have 10 coaches (and some spares) I'll post the randomized draft order and start the dang thing.

THE DRAFT
- The randomized draft order will be posted and the 1st coach will be on the clock
- When it's your turn, post the name of the card you want on your squad. Nobody else can choose it. It's yours.
- During the draft, coaches are on the clock for 12 hours. If 12 hours go by without a pick, a new coach can claim the team as it is, make the next pick, and play out the season. SO KEEP'ER MOVIN' OR LOSE YOUR SQUAD.

THE SEASON
Coaches post their battle codes to match against other coaches,
Playing 8 matches (without playing the same coach again)

THE PLAYOFFS
The 6 coaches with the best records* go to the playoffs
The coaches with the top 2 records get a 1st round bye
(PMs and other means of direct communication are highly encouraged for the playoffs.)
.. and the winner is crowned MSDCT SEASON 1 CHAMPION
*There is only 1 tie-breaker for all tie-breaker scenarios: the coach who played their 8 battle mode matches first wins/proceeds/etc.

CARD POOL
*draft unreleased cards and tokens I neglected to omit at your own peril (DON'T DO IT).
*If a card you selected gets nerfed mid-season, tough luck.
*OP will be edited to cross-out selected cards from the master list and also to list everyone's rosters as they are drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Zodack posted:

Wong is probably the easiest threat to out, but if left alone has the highest damage potential. He's the only card whose lane folds to Enchantress, Rogue, Cosmo, Juggernaut, and Aero all in one (did I miss any there?).

Magneto!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm still playing against people with old Zabu. I thought I didn't have to update my app so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone else having this?

Edit: not just a visual bug, they are playing 2 4-drops on T4.

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 9, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
No decks win, all decks lose. Game is ruined.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Adding to the list of fun Invisible Woman interactions, this one kind of makes sense but I had never seen it come up before -- if you somehow stick one on Luke's Bar, the cards you play behind her don't get bounced to your hand until they're revealed at the end of the game. Landed her there with a Jubilee and then proceeded to crush someone with Modok/Hela

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

TIL that if you Leech cards, which the opponent MODOKs, and then they topdeck Hela, the Leeched cards still have all their abilities. Guess how I know. GUESS.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Kooriken posted:

I'm not entirely convinced 2-2 Zabu is bad. Like, oh no you can't Spiderman AbsMan anymore what a crime, how terrible that interaction is removed for the most part

I'm going to assume Zabu will slot right into something like Sera Control and feel just fine. Seems like being able to Shang Chi, Enchantress, other 2 drop t6 might be really good.

the old zabu/moon girl/dracula deck i was playin with pre-nerf still fuckin slaps. spiderman absorbing man interaction is also still doable if you have a source of extra energy or cost reduction. this morning i managed to land zabu on sinister london and then (thanks to their magik) copy absorbing man with moon girl to land spiderman + 2x absorbing man to lock out all 3 lanes for the final turn against someone clearly playing an infinaut deck

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Feel like if you paid for a Silver Surfer or Zabu some level of compensation should happen now with those cards changed?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I've got pool 3 and helicarrier, someone give me the best MODOK list, thanks.

Network42 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 9, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Joink posted:

Feel like if you paid for a Silver Surfer or Zabu some level of compensation should happen now with those cards changed?

lol

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It finally happened.

Maybe I should play a move deck.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Joink posted:

Hearthstone did do this, but I certainly wouldn't expect it. I think 'you already got your money's worth' is the credo here.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Quackles posted:

It finally happened.

Maybe I should play a move deck.

Shoulda took the screenshot after you "set as favorite"

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Joink posted:

As someone who paid for both

Nah

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, my opponent found the wrong lane to play MODOK in... I guess they didn't have Apocalypse in their hand so it just wiped it out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just had a funny moment where someone played Leader and it copied my MODOK which totally wiped his hand

The combo of Morbius/Helicarrier/MODOK/Apocalypse makes for a pretty good discard deck now

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I've been messing around with a Sandman/Ronan deck. It's been working ok but Dino usually feels like a better option to play than Ronan. White Queen hasn't been played much so I might swap her out. Zola feels redundant when the big drops get doubled by Moon Girl but I do like being able to put power into unplayable locations. What would you change?

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (6) Arnim Zola
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I hope everyone has Shuri pinned. Shuri Zero was already one of the best decks in the game, and that was with every deck and their mother running 2-cost Shang-Chi.

Edit: if you are looking to play new best card Shuri, here are a couple of lists:

Without Sauron,

With Sauron,

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 9, 2023

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Skippy McPants posted:

I hope everyone has Shuri pinned. Shuri Zero was already one of the best decks in the game, and that was with every deck and their mother running 2-cost Shang-Chi.

Edit: if you are looking to play new best card Shuri, here are a couple of lists:

Without Sauron,

With Sauron,

I have Shuri pinned in the shop and the Mr. Negative bundle with its 3000 tokens staring me in the face. Lord, give me strength not to spend 100 bux just for the collector's tokens.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I pinned Mystique in the token store last night, so of course I got her in a collector's cache today. I've only played one game so far with her but so far she's supersized Patriot in my Dear Ultron deck. This deck has been having a good win rate the past two weeks but am not 100% sure in the card make up.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJVbHRyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhc3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I keep Wasp in the hand because if there's a Death Altar/Vormir she makes for a quick drop, plus worse comes to worse I play her on a later round and Patriot boosts her to a 0/3. Also, I can't have Ant Man without Wasp. Hobgoblin can help close out/weaken a cocky opponent on 5 but could swap it out. Otherwise I am overall liking the deck but every game has to go in more or less the right order, although Sacred Timeline helps me spam Patriot buffs to Misty/Shocker/Cyclops if Ultron goes on a break.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

RANDO MEME DECK THROWDOWN

Build an ALL INFINITY DECK and FITE ME.

(my deck is a collection of random poo poo and there is no unifying theme, don't be scurred)

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 25545

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hell yeah it is Morbin’ time

Seriously Modok and the featured location rock.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kooriken posted:

I have Shuri pinned in the shop and the Mr. Negative bundle with its 3000 tokens staring me in the face. Lord, give me strength not to spend 100 bux just for the collector's tokens.

If you have 1500+ tokens already, there's a Deadpool bundle starting Feb. 22nd that offers 1500 tokens and 3200 credits for 3200 gold. Cheaper and has a better value than the Negative bundle on all metrics.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

RANDO MEME DECK THROWDOWN

Build an ALL INFINITY DECK and FITE ME.

(my deck is a collection of random poo poo and there is no unifying theme, don't be scurred)

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 25545

Sure, one sec.

Edit: could not find match with that code.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 9, 2023

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
what a day to pull this one

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Sure, one sec.

Edit: could not find match with that code.

The challenge has been accepted.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Hooooly poo poo that is intense. Good game Kodriken!

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Victor Vermis posted:

Hooooly poo poo that is intense. Good game Kodriken!

That 7 cuber absolutely murdered me. GGs!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Artelier posted:

TIL that if you Leech cards, which the opponent MODOKs, and then they topdeck Hela, the Leeched cards still have all their abilities. Guess how I know. GUESS.

This is apparently not a new thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/znj247/fun_fact_for_helaghost_rider_users/

Except, you know, with MODOK.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Just when I think I've exhausted the junk cards in p3 that I'll never use, the game gives me Falcon and Omega Red in my last 2 boxes.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WHO'S NEXT??

All cards in your deck must be INFINITY.

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 22576

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Vulpes posted:

Hearthstone did do this, but I certainly wouldn't expect it. I think 'you already got your money's worth' is the credo here.

I think balance is the most important thing here and glad they are easily willing to change cards that are behind a paywall. Guess years of seeing other freemium mobile games offering compensation when a paid thing is reduced in power has skewed my expectations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

WHO'S NEXT??

All cards in your deck must be INFINITY.

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 22576

No takers yet. Spoiler alert: I have an infinity Doc Ock alt and several ways to pull him out of my deck at the worst possible moment.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

No takers yet. Spoiler alert: I have an infinity Doc Ock alt and several ways to pull him out of my deck at the worst possible moment.

Timed out. Shameful, folks. Shameful.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

Tried but no dice!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

Tried but no dice!

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 26514

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I get that nerfing Leader was necessary, but what they did was comparable to removing him from the game entirely.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BoldFace posted:

I get that nerfing Leader was necessary, but what they did was comparable to removing him from the game entirely.
Lets be real, he should copy both adjacent lanes so he isn't a complete joke. but being a complete joke seems to be what people what.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Joink posted:

I felt similarly. gently caress it, though. Want to know what we get? Not a face full of disappointment when you pull one of the nerfed cards as your Pool 5 drop.

Imagine that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

GG Buffalo, nice win- I really thought that Prof X on the train station (forget the name) was going to seal it.