Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

triple sulk posted:

if the sixers could get kd somehow then they have a shot, though their bench will be absolutely abysmal

other than that they're just not going anywhere which is why i don't really care about this season

go birds

i think they should trade away embiid and try to pick up kd and kyrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lakers seem like a stacked team now. They could make a run if they, you know, actually make the play in lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lakers got top 4 protection on that pick to Utah which is real good

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I missed the whole BOS PHI game but I am looking forward to watching it tomorrow once its on league pass. I was at the Minnesota Ice Maze

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I missed the whole BOS PHI game but I am looking forward to watching it tomorrow once its on league pass. I was at the Minnesota Ice Maze

the maze looks cool and the game was pretty good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I’ll save you time , Boston is way better and the sixers are moribund

moribund !!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

moribund !!

if Boston’s bench is better than the sixers starters that’s p bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

one of our neighbors just gave me access to his league pass account and I was psyched to try it out so I didn't have to rely on sportsurge again only to find out that lol espn games don't go to league pass

god streaming sports legally sucks

we have the internet now, I should be able to watch whatever games I want no matter where I live for a nominal fee, why has capitalism managed to gently caress this up so badly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that seems real good for the lakers. keeping the top 4 protection I think will be important

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

yeah I’m selling sixers stock

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

you'd really think if the celts don't have smart or brown or horf or timelord the relatively unscathed sixers could at least manage to cover the spread but

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the one silver lining is the sixers locker room may be in a weird state due to the trade deadline

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

the one silver lining is the sixers locker room may be in a weird state due to the trade deadline

yeah I love when the locker room is in a weird state

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

honestly surprised Danny could not get an unprotected pick

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I might have just witnessed one of the biggest bag fumbles of all time. Rockets up 1 against the Kings but Monk steals it with 1.7 seconds left. Then Eric Gordon fouled Fox on a three that he had NO CHANCE OF MAKING with .3 seconds left.

Not proud of this win but LIGHT THE BEAM

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

loquacius posted:

one of our neighbors just gave me access to his league pass account and I was psyched to try it out so I didn't have to rely on sportsurge again only to find out that lol espn games don't go to league pass

god streaming sports legally sucks

we have the internet now, I should be able to watch whatever games I want no matter where I live for a nominal fee, why has capitalism managed to gently caress this up so badly

its easier in china. tencent just owns the streaming rights to all the nba games here and It Just Works. you can subscribe to their service for like $2 a month to get all the games in hd and even english commentary pulled from espn or whatever if you dont want the chinese commentary

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fart simpson posted:

why does embiid fall down so much? hes like 7 feet tall and 300 pounds

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

moribund !!

Still gon' watch it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

its easier in china. tencent just owns the streaming rights to all the nba games here and It Just Works. you can subscribe to their service for like $2 a month to get all the games in hd and even english commentary pulled from espn or whatever if you dont want the chinese commentary

This sounds awesome.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Salvor_Hardin posted:

whoa that rules

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

whoa that rules

Yeah it was pretty cool. All the dead ends have neat ice sculptures so you don't even feel bad when you hit one and have to back track.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol just saw this play where Harden sets a screen on Tobias Harris for Brogdan to get a wide open dunk.

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1623509472386613254

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This sounds awesome.

yeah its pretty good. the $2/month thing only lets you watch 8 games a month but those 8 games can be split between the nba, the bundesliga, and the china super league. some of the games you can watch for free w/ ads if you dont want to pay and you can purchase individual games for like $1. they have a bunch of other packages up to a $50/year package that gives you unlimited viewings for the nba, bundesliga, china super league, the nfl, and the us open for 12 months

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol just saw this play where Harden sets a screen on Tobias Harris for Brogdan to get a wide open dunk.

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1623509472386613254

yeah lol i laughed out loud on that play

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

As of today the East is 168-160 against the West. Notably, the top 6 teams are 87-47 against the West, which means that the rest are a pathetic 81-113.

I think with Kyrie going West and improvements to the Lakers/Timberwolves, plus Booker/CP3 and Ingram coming back now, the West will probably take the crown this year. But we'll see because the East is so insanely top heavy this year (although the Nets are going to keep dropping with KD hurt and Kyrie gone)

The top 6 Western teams are only 72-59 against the East. Grizzlies are an insane outlier at 18-5 against the East (only 15-16 against the West)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Overall, 19 teams are better against the East this year and only 11 are better against the West, the most weird outlier being the Grizzlies who are 18-5 against the East and 15-16 against the West

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thats a lot of words to say the east is the better conference this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://streamable.com/o9hs2x

lol. hes right

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

thats a lot of words to say the east is the better conference this year

I would argue that the East is pretty mediocre-bad once you get below 6th whereas the West has teams below 8 that are better than the 7th best Eastern team but yeah, the top 6 are very very good. I guess we'll see how the Nets hold up with Cam Thomas being Durant's main complementary scorer

West will have a better record head to head by the end of the year. Book it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lmao, I guess Josh Hart was traded to the Knicks in the middle of warming up

Well I guess that's a slight boost for the East over the West this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

I would argue that the East is pretty mediocre-bad once you get below 6th whereas the West has teams below 8 that are better than the 7th best Eastern team but yeah, the top 6 are very very good. I guess we'll see how the Nets hold up with Cam Thomas being Durant's main complementary scorer

West will have a better record head to head by the end of the year. Book it

quoting this post for later in case your wrong

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1623564019037614082

west just got a little better lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why would the nets want to do that. kd has like 3 years left on his deal doesnt he?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
so whoever wins the western conference is the nba champion this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

welcome to the ben simmons era, nets fans

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lmao @ anyone who was dumb enough to become a fan of the Brooklyn Nets

what an implosion

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

quoting this post for later in case your wrong

Pretty sure I became right as of one minute from this post lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Pretty sure I became right as of one minute from this post lol

your not right until its over. and if you are, well, i wont be reminding you when the day comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

KD was probably demanding a trade and maybe the Nets are getting a decent haul... Ayton and Cam Johnson maybe???