Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat. Deluxe edition sold out online from BB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The similar CEs for Metroid Dread and Fire Emblem went in and out of stock a lot, even after release so there should be more chances.

The amiibo just went up on Best Buy and I grabbed that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I can’t even find it on their site

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Amiibo is still up as of the moment: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninten...932edcb90993ec9

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Can confirm, even though the image/title is broken, that the link works. I have a confirmation email for it!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
yay ha ha ha YAY

It came back up for a minute

e: link if other people want to sit around refreshing https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-le...p?skuId=6535550

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Dang that collector's edition looks great! I managed to pre-order on Amazon the other day when it was still $60 but I'm tempted to cancel if I can get the collector's somehow. I did just pre-order the Amiibo though so thanks for sharing it!

I'm gonna update the OP this weekend as well CUZ YEAH IT'S FULL OF TEARS OF THE KINGDOM MODE BAYBEEEEE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Snagged one, thanks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It'll of course get fixed with his new magitech arm but dang, end of the trailer makes it look like link gets messed up pretty hard at the start. His one arm is just hosed up and withered

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

missed out on the best buy preorder cause I fell asleep :sigh:

hoping for in store tomorrow at GameStop

spoke too soon, I just snagged a preorder ar BestBuy

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 9, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Motto posted:

The one thing that sticks out to me is link messing with one of those motion puzzle things that used to only appear in shrines. So either the sky sections will basically be the new shrines or stuff like that is more integrated into the regular world design. Even if it's the former (which would explain Link zipping up and through the bottom of an island in an early trailer) they'd be different and presumably varied enough to fix most of people's issues paired with better and more varied rewards.

some of the structures floating off in the distance look roughly shrine-sized but others seem a bit bigger and more elaborate, idk guess we'll see

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rhonne posted:

Pretty sure it is, which would make this the first time he's played Ganon since the "There Will Be Brawl" fan films

Lmao, drat. Man, I just hate the voice acting in both of these games, I'm gonna complain about the switch to it forever.

Otherwise completely on board, I also dug the music a lot and hope there's something intentional going on there.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Looks like you can construct vehicles? Link fishes a wheel out of a lake, the four-propeller flying platform's propellers look glued on with green ooze, that car looks more handcrafted than it does Official Specially Designed Linkmobile. Going to bet there's some sort of construction element.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Looks like you can construct vehicles? Link fishes a wheel out of a lake, the four-propeller flying platform's propellers look glued on with green ooze, that car looks more handcrafted than it does Official Specially Designed Linkmobile. Going to bet there's some sort of construction element.

Okay, this would be epic, I hope you're right

e: going back and looking closely, all of the vehicles shown seem to have the green ooze holding them together in a pretty clear "this was built piece-by-piece" fashion. Good catch!

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 9, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ This was my impression as well. It'd be neat if you could customize it to go faster/higher/whatever

Augus posted:

i'm convinced she's gonna get sucked into link's arm

By mistake. The goal of the game is to undo Link's huge gently caress-up

broken pixel posted:

The icon on the pin box(?) in the collector's edition set matches the icon on the leaked OLED Switch joy-cons... Can I afford a whole new Switch by May?

I'm thinking I might use my tax return on this, since I did the homebrew thing on my other Switch (one of the oldest ones) and it'd be nice to have one that I can freely connect to the internet on (plus it'd be nice to have an OLED screen on the handheld).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

The Maroon Hawk posted:

e: going back and looking closely, all of the vehicles shown seem to have the green ooze holding them together in a pretty clear "this was built piece-by-piece" fashion. Good catch!

My theory: weapon durability and that system remains the same, but you are constantly collecting weird vehicle parts that you can use in various ways. It's the Legend of Zelda: Kerbal Space Link

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

External Organs posted:

My theory: weapon durability and that system remains the same, but you are constantly collecting weird vehicle parts that you can use in various ways. It's the Legend of Zelda: Kerbal Space Link

Since countless millennia have proved that the Master Sword isn't up for the job, Link decided to take things into his own hands

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Really bring in the Nuts and Bolts spirit and have Ganondorf appear for the final battle but Link runs him over with a truck.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

spotted lots of cool new enemies and structures in the trailer, game looks sick

Yep, it looks like ReDeads are back.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

loving horrifying up close, wtf is up with its mouth :gonk:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Sword goes there.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

GIMME A GREAT BIG KISS

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Okay but what the gently caress are those bat things

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The green goo is the titular Tears

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

The Maroon Hawk posted:

That giant cube boss from the trailer seemed to be powered by that green ooze or whatever as well. Wonder if those things will drop a power core or something?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CaptainJuan posted:

The green goo is the titular Tears

Breath of the Wild 2: The Secret of the Ooze

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MokBa posted:

Okay but what the gently caress are those bat things

Kargroks, they're in WW and TP

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that the developers saw all the crazy contraptions people were making by exploiting the physics and decided to turn that into its own mechanic

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thanks! Got one!

I’ll have to just periodically check on the collectors edition :f5:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Are we sure this is what she's saying? I've seen multiple people quote this line and no matter how many times I re-watch it, I can't hear anything but "lend him your power"
This is going to sound a bit :tinfoil:-y but I swear I hear "lend <backwards 'me'> your power"

Suspicious of a Snake/Raiden style fakeout

Edit: I guess alternate language trailers would solve this

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 9, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fifty Three posted:

This is going to sound a bit :tinfoil:-y but I swear I hear "lend <backwards 'me'> your power"

you’re crazy, straight up

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Some of the music in the trailer sounded kind of reversed, I wonder if there will be a time component.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

Edit: I guess alternate language trailers would solve this

I saw someone on...YouTube? idk...say that the line in the German trailer is "ihr musst ihm helfen", or "you must help him", and that the "ihr" in this case is "you" plural, as in Zelda is asking multiple people to help him (presumably Link), but I don't know German well enough to say for sure

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Augus posted:

you’re crazy, straight up
You're right, listening again not-on-a-TV it's just the stuttered transition from "lend" to "him" that sounded weird.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they definitely reverse the music so i also thought the 'himme' could be intentionally tricky or manipulated but then i realized it is just because nintendo doesnt care to do good english voice acting

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They need to release the texan dub to make things clear. "Please, y'all have to help him"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Has it been mentioned that the master sword looks like it's corroded and broken in the trailer?

Curious to see what they do with mummified Ganondorf.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 9, 2023

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Fi is just, not having a good time huh

edit:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Zelda holding the Sheikah Slate gives me a lot more hope that she'll be in a more active role this time around

Did anyone else notice that is not actually the Shiekah Slate

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 9, 2023

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Holding out hope for a Tingle reveal some time closer to release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Augus posted:

I appreciate that the developers saw all the crazy contraptions people were making by exploiting the physics and decided to turn that into its own mechanic

Yeah, absolutely. One of the shots, where Link is controlling that giant hoverboard looking thing in the sky, was immediately evocative of the wild flying machines people made in BotW

"hey we canonized all the insane emergent poo poo you guys did in our last game" is one of those things I didn't even know I wanted from TotK until I saw it