Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

games I have beaten this year:

I'll go back to Strangers Wrath eventually, but the last stretch kinda sucks from a gameplay standpoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So, what you're saying...is...you've still got the majority of the year to get through before you play your #1 and #2 game for 2023 :devil:

:prepop: Wow! That is quite the claim! It makes me more interested in them. ;)

Do not forget, this is also the Okami, Chronotrigger, LttP, Disco Elyisum, Monkey Island 2, Rondo of Blood, HFW year....

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t forget BP’s favourite game MGS4!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This year I’ve completed Final Fantasy IV, Grapple Dog, and NORCO, and am in the middle of Persona 5 Royal and Pizza Tower, plus doing runs in Slay the Spire every so often (only got to the third boss so far, beat it but then it bloody resurrected or something smh). Will start Metroid Prime Remastered tomorrow, very excited to finally get to that one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I haven't beaten any games this year because I have been listening to lots of music and playing games where "beaten" isn't a meaningful statement. Thank you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Don’t forget BP’s favourite game MGS4!

:kingsley:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Do not forget, this is also the Okami, Chronotrigger, LttP, Disco Elyisum, Monkey Island 2, Rondo of Blood, HFW year....

Disco is fantastic but I stand by my claim. Let it be entered into the official ledger.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Valkyrie Profile is perhaps my most anticipated Veeg Stream Game this year

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

This year I’ve completed Final Fantasy IV, Grapple Dog, and NORCO, and am in the middle of Persona 5 Royal and Pizza Tower, plus doing runs in Slay the Spire every so often (only got to the third boss so far, beat it but then it bloody resurrected or something smh). Will start Metroid Prime Remastered tomorrow, very excited to finally get to that one.

You're play9ng Persona 5 Royal??? How far into it are you... how are you finding it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

You're play9ng Persona 5 Royal??? How far into it are you... how are you finding it?

Second palace iirc. It’s cool! I haven’t played any in a while actually but I’m not dropping it or anything. Obviously the perv stuff is awful (hahaha! a teenage girl being painted nude! and she’s very uncomfortable about it! the height of comedy!) but I like the style and letting the other characters kill everyone while I go blap blap blap with my gun

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

It’s dumb that we still call it “beating” a game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Second palace iirc. It’s cool! I haven’t played any in a while actually but I’m not dropping it or anything. Obviously the perv stuff is awful (hahaha! a teenage girl being painted nude! and she’s very uncomfortable about it! the height of comedy!) but I like the style and letting the other characters kill everyone while I go blap blap blap with my gun

Wow. Would not have expected you to take to it so well, haha!

Since I'm nearing the end of my playthrough of P4G, my perspective on the Persona series has changed a lot. My first introduction into the series was playing the standard edition of P5 that was free with the ps+ collection exactly two years ago when getting a ps5 and 6 weeks of furlough happened to coincide. My impressions of it then was that it was slick and had decent combat but the skeevy anime and life sim stuff was a bit over the top, the game was very muddled in its themes and messaging and overall a bit of a disappointment. It did not feature on my goty list that year.

Two years is a decent enough time to let an experience mature in ones mind and the soundtrack is still a constant earworm.. so rock up P4G and it becomes so clearly obvious the leap in quality the series made from P4 to P5. I've really enjoyed my time with P4G and P5 is pretty much the same game but it does everything so much better. The presentation, the soundtrack, the combat, everything is kicked up a notch. I've had to completely revise my thinking on P5 and when I look at the games I ranked in my goty that year, I can see a few that would lose out to P5 if I were to redo it.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm gonna have to replay P5 at some point in the near future and play the Royal edition this time.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've been playing Metroid handheld with the original controls like some kind of sicko. Anyone else? If I were using joy cons I'd play with motion controls, but I'm playing on my Lite.

Khanstant posted:

i remember not recording games because i didn't want to go buy and install some capture card or whatever to record my pokemaul island tower defense plays. now i can record easily but understand nobody needs me to do this

When I was a kid we had an 8" tv/vcr combo. I used it to record the Kingdom Hearts secret movie.

Escobarbarian posted:

Ann is treated really badly after the first palace (the game forgets she'e a victim of really gross sexual harrassment and then just lets everyone sexually harrass her). Her coming out wearing 20 layers of clothes is pretty funny, though.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oh are we posting what we've beaten so far this year?

in order:

1) vampire survivors

not much to say about this, i downloaded it for free and cleared the entire completion list, bestiary, and secrets in a couple of days while watching streams

perfect phone game, the runs never last too long especially with hurry mode on

pure dopamine

-Sent from my iPhone

---

2) scooby-doo night of 100 frights

i had never played this back in the day and watching jerma play it got me wanting to, as i love me a collectathon platformer

its pretty cute if youre a scooby-doo fan. theres lots of references to classic episodes, theres a laughtrack that plays sometimes when you do something funny.

the game itself is kinda jank, the level design towards the end gets weirdly frustrating. the shipwreck levels made me so goddamn mad lmao

its got tim curry in it doing like 3 lines (not nearly enough) but i love him so thats a bonus. also i think its don knotts only video game appearance?

certainly not a jewel, but i had fun with it :)

---

3?) its gonna be elden ring, looking at my 230 hours in it lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe I should beat sonic frontiers....

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

wuggles posted:

Ann is treated really badly after the first palace (the game forgets she'e a victim of really gross sexual harrassment and then just lets everyone sexually harrass her). Her coming out wearing 20 layers of clothes is pretty funny, though.

I should choose my words carefully...There's no turning back now....

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've been playin Isonzo, Red Dead 2, Crusader Kings 3, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker which I shall hopefully complete soon

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

amd and nvidia cards both have shadowplay thingies now
you can set it up so you just press some button and it instantly saves the last 5 minutes of gameplay to a video clip
mine (on an nvidia card) keeps randomly turning the recording off though so sometimes i go to record something cool and find out it's lost forever :negative:

If you have a beefy enough computer I recommend using OBS and setting up a replay buffer with a hotkey to capture it, much more reliable imo. You can set the replay buffer to be as large or small as you want, I keep mine to 2 minutes and cut out what I don't need using the basic editing available from Microsoft stuff.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm looking at my list of games beat this year and it's only Mega Man X and Digital Devil Saga because other than that I've been playing long rpgs and multiplayer games. Shoutouts to the Imp Zone Game Club.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's payday and I just pre-ordered the Theatrythm mega pack....

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I think I've decided to just get the base theatrhythm game. It's got enough songs to keep me occupied for a while and I think I'll get the dlcs when they go on sale maybe. Just cant really put in my head the idea of paying £95 for an insanely awesome final fantasy rhythm game... noo I just cant.. been eyeing up octopath 2 as well... help my wallet

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Vermain posted:

today's teens will never know the choice aesthetic of recording 15 FPS unregistered hypercam videos to physically show your friends on your computer because sending it over FTP would take something like 200 years to complete
When I was in sixth grade my friend brought his portable tape recorder with microphone to school and we all stood around at recess listening to the sounds of him beating Goldeneye. We were very impressed.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
games defeated:

Resident Evil 0 (PS4)
Wonder Project J2 (N64)
No More Heroes 3 (Switch)
Wavetale (Switch)
Dynamite Headdy (Genesis)
Tonic Trouble (N64)
Sin and Punishment (N64)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii) [replay]
Dragon Warrior 2 (GBC)
The Quarry (PS5)
Balan Wonderworld (Switch)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) [replay]
Kirby's Dream Land (GB) [replay]

games currently playing:

metroid prime remastered
resident evil 4
elden ring
fire emblem engage
the legend of zelda minish cap
rodea the sky soldier
great greed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

It is a pretty cool mix of ogre battle + fire emblem. The plot is kind of generic, gets interesting, then gets really generic again but overall it's a B- of a game.

Thanks, if anything I should probably play Ogre Battle, think I barely tried it once decades ago and liked it but didn't actually jump in for whatever reason.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Bolverk15/status/1623406690644246528?s=20&t=Dq0U5I4Xf43UdLNoO_qHpw

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

So far I've beaten Nier. I wanted to play more games but for some reason Amazon needs two weeks to deliver a copy of Space Hulk

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

giogadi posted:

In some places they refer to it as "rounding" a game, as in the way old arcade games just start over when you complete all the levels.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dumb places, probably.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

giogadi posted:

Yeah, we should call it "DOMINATING THE SOFTWARE"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad says he Solved a game when he finishes it. That’s the boomer vernacular I assume like calling lives men, or levels screens

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

My dad says he Solved a game when he finishes it. That’s the boomer vernacular I assume like calling lives men, or levels screens

that is an abuse of game theory terminology. get his rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bone emulator posted:

In some places they refer to it as "rounding" a game, as in the way old arcade games just start over when you complete all the levels.

The UK apparently calls beat-em-ups 'belt scrollers'

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

What if it's something like The Witness or Myst.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Completed is the correct term imho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Beat or Finished - defeating the final boss/objective
Completed - 100%ing it

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Also a good word to use in bed with casual hookups.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mutata posted:

girls love it when after sex you immediately say "updated my journal" in the planescape torment voice

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mutata posted:

That's 'cumpleted'

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
We require more vespeen gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

girls love it when after sex you immediately say "updated my journal" in the planescape torment voice

Warcraft 2 peon voice: "WORK COMPLETE!"