Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it is ethical to pirate the wizard game

it is embarrassing to want to play the wizard game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Play Hi-Fi Rush and you can be a "wizard" on the rhythmic battlefield.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alchenar posted:

On the other hand Marginal Utility of Money applies to Ethical Consumption arguments as well, Rowling is a billionaire and Twitter is $8 per month so if someone wants to buy and play a bad video game it makes like zero difference to the world.

this. it's meaningless to boycott media in general- especially for licensed crap like this, Rowling already made her money when the license was sold, the game could sell 0 copies and it wouldn't matter. and it won't stop the publisher from licensing anything in the future they'll just shrug and extract more overtime from their developers as punishment and do it again in 2 years. the people making these decisions are not doing it based on market data, you aren't Cesar Chavez versus the grape industry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spaceblancmange posted:

it is ethical to pirate the wizard game

it is embarrassing to want to play the wizard game

it's ethnical to pirate every game imo. well, maybe not some indie stuff. but it's basically the same argument of whether shoplifting makes you a bad person. i think it's completely outside the level of personal morality.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Knock this poo poo off or I'll go into my Elder Wand rant. I'll do. I'm loving crazy.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

All this talk is just making me sad there aren't any good new Pirate games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SHUt da fuq up about Harry Potter. God drat!!!!! rear end

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You should not post about the game because it is AIDS and results in people posting long rear end essays which say things like "capitalist hell world" in them and also because a British person made it

Sadly this.

I can imagine some well-meaning people that are enjoying this game and want to talk about it, are now completely put off and will remain silent because of this idiotic crusading bullshit.

It's not hard, don't use a video game thread on an internet forum as your personal political soapbox, and don't become an activist here. And definitely don't interpret the unwillingness of people to go stand on your little soapbox as a form of transphobia, what the gently caress.

This whole thread is out of order. Now back to video games. I am playing Age of Empires 2, you should do the same.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Alchenar posted:

What about that Chinese one that they just did a Zero Punctuation on?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Alchenar posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates is on sale on the store right now! Only $2.5, get it, it's the best.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I was actually referring to Wiz 'n' Liz The Frantic Wabbit Wescue

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

John F Bennett posted:

Sadly this.

I can imagine some well-meaning people that are enjoying this game and want to talk about it, are now completely put off and will remain silent because of this idiotic crusading bullshit.

It's not hard, don't use a video game thread on an internet forum as your personal political soapbox, and don't become an activist here. And definitely don't interpret the unwillingness of people to go stand on your little soapbox as a form of transphobia, what the gently caress.

lmao you have no understanding of the situation whatsoever

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

spaceblancmange posted:

I was actually referring to Wiz 'n' Liz The Frantic Wabbit Wescue

I loved Wiz N Liz, that poo poo was manic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates is on sale on the store right now! Only $2.5, get it, it's the best.

GOAT game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Alchenar posted:

Is Return to Monkey Island old already???

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ColdPie posted:

My young son started crying and made me delete the game when (I think late in the first part of the game spoiler) Guybrush needs to get a branch off a tree, depicted as this ethereal woodland sanctuary, and he proceeds to gently caress it up royally resulting in the tree being absolutely shredded and woodland creatures crying and on fire, as a comedy "wow Guybrush really hosed it up in a way that shouldn't even be possible because he's that much of an idiot" bit, that unfortunately went over my son's head. Oh well. Looking hella-forward to playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! next week.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ColdPie posted:

That is a game I definitely have installed and put on backlog but I'm thinking more a game about sailing a ship around a pretty map while stealing things from the Spanish and French.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Return to Monkey Island is fantastic. If you're a fan of point-and-clicks, you should play it for sure.

Alchenar posted:

That is a game I definitely have installed and put on backlog but I'm thinking more a game about sailing a ship around a pretty map while stealing things from the Spanish and French.

Sid Meier's Pirates to the rescue!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I've played that to death and one of my great beliefs is that no true spiritual successor can be made that does not include a dance off minigame.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Ubisoft, please, the masses beg for skull and boners

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

univbee posted:

Oh well. Looking hella-forward to playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! next week.

Still a couple of weeks to go for us mere mortals.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Asteroid Alert posted:

Still a couple of weeks to go for us mere mortals.

It's out on Friday the 17th if you buy it digitally. Might need to be the Deluxe edition too, I don't remember.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

univbee posted:

It's out on Friday the 17th if you buy it digitally. Might need to be the Deluxe edition too, I don't remember.

You do, deluxe edition owners get it on Friday and the rest of us plebs get it 4 days later

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ah, definitely getting the Deluxe Edition then.

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
I started playing Yakuza 0. It’s pretty cool.

I bought it for 19.99. Is game pass worth it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Socialized posted:

I started playing Yakuza 0. It’s pretty cool.

I bought it for 19.99. Is game pass worth it?

If memory serves you get all the other Yakuzas with it so yes, although some Yakuza games may have been removed.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
They pulled 0 and the Kiwamis for a few months but they're all back up.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

univbee posted:

My young son started crying and made me delete the game when (I think late in the first part of the game spoiler) Guybrush needs to get a branch off a tree, depicted as this ethereal woodland sanctuary, and he proceeds to gently caress it up royally resulting in the tree being absolutely shredded and woodland creatures crying and on fire, as a comedy "wow Guybrush really hosed it up in a way that shouldn't even be possible because he's that much of an idiot" bit, that unfortunately went over my son's head. Oh well. Looking hella-forward to playing Like A Dragon: Ishin! next week.

That's hilarious. My own schadenfreude is that I picked up Totally Reliable Delivery Service last year to play with my partner, we hated it.
Turns out it's a complete hit at my kid's school because it's really wacky and you can jump into online multiplayer really easily. My 8yo loves it and he doesn't care about actually delivering packages at all. I guess €7.50 well spent after all. :shobon:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

That's hilarious. My own schadenfreude is that I picked up Totally Reliable Delivery Service last year to play with my partner, we hated it.
Turns out it's a complete hit at my kid's school because it's really wacky and you can jump into online multiplayer really easily. My 8yo loves it and he doesn't care about actually delivering packages at all. I guess €7.50 well spent after all. :shobon:

I forget the exact game but I was telling my wife about one of the jRPGs where the main deal is that you're running an item shop and once it dawned it on her she said "hang on, this supposedly enjoyable game involves you working retail?!" and...well...that was the end of that conversation.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If I were a billionaire I’d still be cool and normal and just not have to pay rent anymore but you can do all that other freak poo poo though

same except I would commission a garden shed or playhouse that was a 1/2 scale copy of groverhaus in my back yard

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Vampire Survivors title update is out: The Chaotic One

https://twitter.com/poncle_vampire/status/1623725060665094147?t=M0Wd78GEsxaO7X2sZmuiVA&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:holy:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Those were the days

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ghost Trick is one of the best games of all time.

John F Bennett posted:

don't use a video game thread on an internet forum as your personal political soapbox
lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thank god… a good game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What is Ghost Trick?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1623743654740348929?s=20

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

External Organs posted:

What is Ghost Trick?

You just died and have no memories of who you were or how you just died. Your "soul" however has the ability to travel from object to object. And you can rewind to segments in time in which you use your powers to travel via objects and manipulate them to change events (mostly preventing people from dying). Eventually a story unfolds where you find out just who you were and how things came to be.

The main creator of the game is also credited with the Ace Attorney series. They play nothing alike, but you can definitely feel that both of those share DNA.

The original version of the game was released on the DS and later received a HD port for iOS. I imagine that version was used as a starting point for the upcoming ports.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gundam is cool I’ll play the SD gundam game, thanks Microshaft