Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Veryslightlymad posted:

Syndra should be able to stomp low ELO, because no one down there seems to realize how dangerous her balls are just being on the field. She's great for learning positioning.

Down here in Silver, obviously it comes down to the player, but just had a game against her and she was p much useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Had to do some impromptu jungle last night as I wasn't paying 100% attention during champ select and someone wanted top when they saw me going bear top so that was fun.

I didn't have smite and didn't realize I was jungle until after I bought my lane kit and skill. Hung out with nasus top for a Lil bit pushing garen away and getting nasus mad creep score

Nasus lost top gently caress him but LeBlanc had a free mid since enemy pyke decided with him and Shaco roaming they wouldn't need one.

LeBlanc went nuclear.

I existed to make sure towers didn't shoot anyone and I'll call that a victory

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

People accusing me of hacking because they do not understand Varus' AP ratios gives me life.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It’s probably because so many AP Varus’ try to play it like lethality Varus and don’t understand detonating stacks. So they’ve never seen how ridiculous the burst can be.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's scary when you come across the rare top or mid varus and your laner doesn't know what sort of damage they are capable of and just gets blown up instantly.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

fyallm posted:

Down here in Silver, obviously it comes down to the player, but just had a game against her and she was p much useless.

It wasn't a very good syndra then. She is very tricky to play well.

Riot also destroyed her early game power so short games will never see her do a lot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The best thing is hitting a Tryndamere with my ult and he thinks "oh I'm still at 80% health I don't need to go deathproof" and then my follow up empowered Q reduces them to ash.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Started playing Akshan mid now that I've gotten a bit bored of playing only top yorick.

Didn't click at first until i realized I should just yolo rope into my opponent from lvl 1. Might be a dumb but it seems to pay off in bronze so far.
Even if I don't kill them they don't get the memo and will just move back into position 5 seconds later.

The stealth detection radius on W seems a bit harsh, and R seems a bit lackluster but maybe I just don't know how to use it well yet

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 8, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Randomly started playing Darius top after getting tired of freewinning on Ashe support. Darius is quite fun, especially when there is no ignite in the game. I usually don't like the immobile bruisers but enjoying him first few games. Gonna be a pain in the rear end when I face a Quinn or Jayce though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
darius owns

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya also toplane meta seems way more fun since the tp nerfs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like giving Alistar AP ratios on par with mages is going to lead to some interesting lanes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Might make Demonic Embrace a fun pick on him.

Also y'all might want to ban either Rell or Taric in your games until the patch hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAj_FUggyc

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Might make Demonic Embrace a fun pick on him.

Also y'all might want to ban either Rell or Taric in your games until the patch hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAj_FUggyc

So what's going on here, taric and rell buffs are stacking with each other recursively?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like giving Alistar AP ratios on par with mages is going to lead to some interesting lanes.

wait waht

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

So what's going on here, taric and rell buffs are stacking with each other recursively?

I think so, not sure about the specifics.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Wouldn't be the first time they've forgotten about abilities that can cause recursive stacking.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirtar posted:

Wouldn't be the first time they've forgotten about abilities that can cause recursive stacking.

wasnt there a couple versions of Jax that kept running into this?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Yup. Jak'sho probably doesn't have any kind of anti-recursion flag stapled to its bonus resists, so every buff update cycle has it give Taric 15% of his bonus Armor, which then gets transferred to Rell via his E, whose own Jak'sho increases her now-buffed Armor by 15%, which then gets transferred to Taric via her E, etc.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There was also Rageblade Jhin

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
am i nuts or is that a buff to LB

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

verbal enema posted:

am i nuts or is that a buff to LB

yup, although she's genuinely struggling, hovering at around 46% WR as of 13.1b

i think she's one of those champions where the sense of unfairness when facing her can mask how limp she is in a whole lot of games. vex or lissandra or TF are almost completely unwinnable matchups for her if she doesn't massively overperform, and then she becomes nothing much more than an ERQ bot for occasional poke

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

verbal enema posted:

wasnt there a couple versions of Jax that kept running into this?

One of Jax's prior passives gave him HP from AD & AP. Atma's Impaler gave AD based on your max HP. They didnt recursively stack to infinity, but it was hilariously efficient on Jax because they'd keep feeding into each other until the gains werent large enough to display.

You could actually see your AD and HP pingpong a couple times when you bought it (and any time you bought AD/HP afterwards)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 9, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-13-3-notes/#patch-melee-support-adjustments

quote:

Passive - Triumphant Roar

Self Heal: 23-142 (based on level) ⇒ 5% maximum health
Ally Heal: 46-284 (based on level) ⇒ 6% of Alistar’s maximum health

Q - Pulverize

Mana Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+50% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% AP)

W - Headbutt

Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
Magic Damage: 55/110/165/220/275 (+70% AP) ⇒ 55/110/165/220/275 (+90% AP)

E - Trample

Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
Total Magic Damage: 80/110/140/170/200 (+40% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+70% AP)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Vermain posted:

yup, although she's genuinely struggling, hovering at around 46% WR as of 13.1b

i think she's one of those champions where the sense of unfairness when facing her can mask how limp she is in a whole lot of games. vex or lissandra or TF are almost completely unwinnable matchups for her if she doesn't massively overperform, and then she becomes nothing much more than an ERQ bot for occasional poke

This seems like a perfect description of a really badly-designed champion, right? If a champion has almost completely unwinnable matchups but feels unfair to play against when she's doing well, then you can't really balance her except in that fake "half the time she's useless, half the time she's unfair to play against -- perfectly balanced 50% win rate!" sorta way.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old game devs!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna take al top

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

new asol seems very "balanced"

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I mean, he's a hyperscaling carry a la kassadin/ryze/viktor where he's relatively weak in the early-mid game and murders people in the late game.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

hes a cool dragon

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just an FYI: there's an unusual bug in the current patch that's causing autoattacks to glitch out wildly, with everything from random autoattack cancels to no partial auto resets from certain spells (e.g. Lucian passive). If you've been playing and it feels like you're massively loving up your attack-moving for no reason, it's not you. Might want to avoid playing ranked until they figure it out if you're playing any champs that rely heavily on autoattacks, especially ones with any kind of spellweaving like Lucian.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:sickos:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

New Aurelion Sol is probably the most dramatic champion they've ever done. Roaring, screen shake, crashing stars.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Couldn’t stop playing the dragon last night. He is super fun and good. I assume he’s insanely strong right now?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Couldn’t stop playing the dragon last night. He is super fun and good. I assume he’s insanely strong right now?

Numbers wise he's pretty overtuned yeah

But he's also extremely vulnerable to hard CC, so a great solo queue terrorizing champ but who knows where he'll end up?

However Annie has like a 57% winrate right now in mid, it's pretty insane! If there's a hotfix I imagine it's for her and possibly some asol tuning?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

All I know is I saw more and more dragon bans as the night went on

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Looking at it, Aurelion Sol is really good in lower elos (52-53% in Silver/Gold), but is closer to 50% at plat+, and sub 50% at diamond+. He's a champ similar to kayle where if you let him get strong by not punishing him, he grows out of control and you can't really win. But you can bully him to snowball out of control before he gets a chance to outscale you. It's just that bronze/iron/gold players have trouble ending games, and it makes it so he gets the option to scale to a 1v9 point.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He got hotfix nerfed but is still op

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
How long does the average game of Wild Rift take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

15-20 minutes.