Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
c1 Yelan doesn't work quite like I expected. So it's like:
2 charges - cooldown for both charges doesn't start until skill is released.
0-1 charges - cooldown for the next charge happens during skill use

Useful if you have trouble maintaining Yelan's burst 100% but not so useful for me. 84 pity :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

gently caress, I thought Dehya was on this banner and logged in before I meant to, now I have a bunch of return bonuses I don't care about :negative:

Random thoughts:

- No, Mihoyo, 3x double leylines aren't as generous as you think they are.
- New desert area is gorgeous as usual but it seems finicky regarding enemy placement, I kicked a random eremite a few meters away with a reaction and he respawned right back as if I had kited him far away. Also a bunch of enemies that get aggro from far away, even walls.
- Huh, Lisa event... and it's another timed fight one, crud. Wouldn't have activated it if I knew but at least it was less annoying than the seven teams of two characters one. New eremite enemies are cool at least.
- Is this card game thing necessary for anything or can I just leave the quest be? I haven't cared about card games in RPGs since *checks* MM7 Arcomage and I'm not starting again now.
- I was going to say that I don't remember how the Scaramouche fight goes but I did it all of twice before I quit playing last time, so it's better to say that I didn't learn it at all. Is it still the only Sumeru weekly fight?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Saw people experiencing positive emotions regarding 5 star weapons so I pulled on the banner in a fit of jealously. Got Aqua in less than 30 pulls, proving that there's no justice :toot:

But I also got some of these Lithic Blades? What's this for? Tried out a Keqing/Beidou/Zhongli/Yaoyao team and it's ok, I guess. Like it functions but it's not amazing or anything. Maybe in the future you'll be able to run something like a Baizhu/Yelan/Beidou/??? bloom team and just give up on getting the full bonus. Feels like Yaoyao alone isn't able to maintain a quicken aura by herself, and even if she could it doesn't really feel like maintaining an aura just for Beidou is really worth it, but Baizhu might make it worth it, maybe.

Anything I can think of involving Chongyun either seems bad or doesn't really have enough Liyue characters to make the weapon worth it.

Xinyan isn't real, she can't hurt you.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MoonCrab posted:

Anything I can think of involving Chongyun either seems bad or doesn't really have enough Liyue characters to make the weapon worth it.

Chongyun/Xingqiu/Yelan/Zhongli freeze? Maybe toss in Shenhe over Xingqiu if you have her. Does Kazuha count as Liyue?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Chongyun/Xingqiu/Yelan/Zhongli freeze? Maybe toss in Shenhe over Xingqiu if you have her. Does Kazuha count as Liyue?

Just checked and no, he does not :(

But Chongyun/Xingqiu/Shenhe/Yelan seems interesting! No healer but eh, whatever I'm sure it'll be fine! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Traveller posted:

- Is this card game thing necessary for anything or can I just leave the quest be? I haven't cared about card games in RPGs since *checks* MM7 Arcomage and I'm not starting again now.

Nah, if you voluntarily stopped playing for almost 2 patches then I doubt you'll find that any of the rewards are worth your time. It's kinda fun though :kiddo:

Traveller posted:

- I was going to say that I don't remember how the Scaramouche fight goes but I did it all of twice before I quit playing last time, so it's better to say that I didn't learn it at all. Is it still the only Sumeru weekly fight?

Yup, and nothing coming up in the next patch, either. As for the Scara fight, it's weird. If you treat it like a normal fight, it can feel drawn out and annoying. But if you focus exclusively on doing he fight mechanics, it just sorta, wins itself? I didn't really end up liking it that much :/

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Redmark posted:

I don't really get the whole Zhongli being easy mode shtick because most people prefer ease Zhongli or no

Like Raiden national is burst burst burst burst on loop, you're either in i-frames or Raiden burst. Same with hyper Raiden
Freeze (when it's good) does not interact with enemies
With Nilou bloom or hyperbloom you press the buttons and it basically plays itself

and so on and so forth

few people play things like Wanderer with no shields

just an example in my case: i need baizhu to be a shielder super badly because i just… don’t dodge with al haitham hyperbloom or cyno aggravate, two of my most beloved comps. the latter is especially wack because you can’t really put xingqiu in for poise like you can for the former. so i die in abyss quite a lot if i don’t immediately front-load my dps

and it super sucks to have zhongli as a part of a scarazan team, as it serves close to no purpose other than keeping bowlcut from being knocked around. (and i truly can’t be bothered building diona or layla when zhongli is built and better)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MNSNTZR posted:

just an example in my case: i need baizhu to be a shielder super badly because i just… don’t dodge with al haitham hyperbloom or cyno aggravate, two of my most beloved comps. the latter is especially wack because you can’t really put xingqiu in for poise like you can for the former. so i die in abyss quite a lot if i don’t immediately front-load my dps

and it super sucks to have zhongli as a part of a scarazan team, as it serves close to no purpose other than keeping bowlcut from being knocked around. (and i truly can’t be bothered building diona or layla when zhongli is built and better)

Layla works quite nicely with heizou, you get a pretty nice shield and some cryo to swirl about. Can't imagine that doesn't work with mr petulant.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's theoretically almost as good as zhongli for him but that requires really optimistic estimates about how often scara gets his cryo passive. The other issue is that at least a third of her shield strength is in her constellations and those aren't so common yet.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Only real downside I noticed with Layla is getting her cryo swirled for the buff is annoying/inconsistent, though this was while also trying to have a pyro swirl buff.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's super easy to get a cryo proc from Layla shield on Scara, just gotte be right in their faces when you shield, swap and skill.

Even if the visual indicator of the element buff goes away, its effect is active for the entire duration of the skill as well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

oz's cn va was caught cheating on his gf with fans but to his credit(?) all those fans were legal im pretty sure. lets hold a parade for him.

They weren't minors but it got bad enough that (TW) some of his victims attempted suicide..

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Sanctum posted:

c1 Yelan doesn't work quite like I expected. So it's like:
2 charges - cooldown for both charges doesn't start until skill is released.
0-1 charges - cooldown for the next charge happens during skill use

Useful if you have trouble maintaining Yelan's burst 100% but not so useful for me. 84 pity :geno:

I mean, wasnt that the expected effect? It's exactly how c0 works, recharging doesnt start until you release it. You can speedrun twice as much if you run around with just yelan, and without a second of downtime if you have any other character with a choo-choo skill :woop:

e: fuckit, I'm triplecrowning Yelan :colbert:

ee: VVVV also that

valuum fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 9, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the first charge continues to recharge while the 2nd one is ongoing so it' still a bit more efficient

anyways outside of overworld exploration I find c1 is mostly about drastically lowering Yelan's ER requirements, allowing you to use HP% and crit artifacts or weapons to boost her damage further

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Stolen from discord, an AI tries to give genshin advice.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Aqua simulacra upgrades using what now

Garrand posted:

Finally, an interesting element to explore

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Garrand posted:

So close, yet so far.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Garrand posted:

wait is the AI saying barbara is a drug dealer

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

silvergoose posted:

wait is the AI saying barbara is a drug dealer
She brings music, tries to keep you hydrated, and wants you to score shrooms, I don't see where the problem is

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

She brings music, tries to keep you hydrated, and wants you to score shrooms, I don't see where the problem is

:aaaaa:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Hey I forgot that the chasm had these cool dynamic battle themes. Wonder why they decided to stop doing that.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

Aqua simulacra upgrades using what now
It's not quite as bad as it looks since the enemies in question drop a lot of the mats at once, but since there's only like nine(?) of them in the entire game it's still going to be a week or two of puttering around the chasm.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The music in the area where the current event is sounds like it was composed by Danny Elfman

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Traveller posted:

gently caress, I thought Dehya was on this banner and logged in before I meant to, now I have a bunch of return bonuses I don't care about :negative:

Random thoughts:

- No, Mihoyo, 3x double leylines aren't as generous as you think they are.
- New desert area is gorgeous as usual but it seems finicky regarding enemy placement, I kicked a random eremite a few meters away with a reaction and he respawned right back as if I had kited him far away. Also a bunch of enemies that get aggro from far away, even walls.
- Huh, Lisa event... and it's another timed fight one, crud. Wouldn't have activated it if I knew but at least it was less annoying than the seven teams of two characters one. New eremite enemies are cool at least.

the card game gives primos but no weapons or anything

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Garrand posted:

honestly remove ninguang and replace barbara with kuki or yaoyao and youve created a decent team

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm at 199/200 chests in the Chasm and its driving me insane

e: immediately found a pressure plate puzzle I'd missed

done with this zone at last

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 9, 2023

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Really no reason to not have items for treasure chests/challenges that work like the detectors for *culi at this point, especially since 100%-ing a map means jack poo poo basically. Just give me the rough area where I can use the treasure detector to find them. I have every bit of Teyvat at 100% and just yesterday stumbled upon an archery challenge right in the open that I just couldn't have missed the first time around but I guess I did. I felt more annoyed than pleasantly surprised.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why is there like 15 minutes of quest to get through before opening up this simple parry event? I thought we only had to deal with one wordy event per patch, hoyo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gandlethorpe posted:

Why is there like 15 minutes of quest to get through before opening up this simple parry event? I thought we only had to deal with one wordy event per patch, hoyo

Its gonna be satisfying stomping on that one dude talking poo poo to the traveler at the kamisato estate

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I havent checked yet but its supposed to be the event to feature Ayakas costume so I would guess that's why.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is the costume free

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

is the costume free

costumes for 5* characters are never free
the event exists to try and sell the $20bux skin

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I haven't played since the patch before Inazuma was released. I've been messing around for a week now and just cleaning up everything I can still do in Mondstat + Liyue before moving on and I was thinking of changing up my team a little bit.

Right now I use Ganyu as main DPS + Mona, Venti, & Zhongli, Ganyu is almost friendship level 10 so I figured I might as well try a new team/playstyle and just keep that team as backup when I start to struggle

These are all the 5 Stars I have, what's a good setup (Keep in mind I don't have hardly any 4 star characters that were released between Inazuma and this last week). If you're going to suggest a new main tell me what the playstyle is like and how long it will take to get them reasonably well geared to continue the story

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

I haven't played since the patch before Inazuma was released. I've been messing around for a week now and just cleaning up everything I can still do in Mondstat + Liyue before moving on and I was thinking of changing up my team a little bit.

Right now I use Ganyu as main DPS + Mona, Venti, & Zhongli, Ganyu is almost friendship level 10 so I figured I might as well try a new team/playstyle and just keep that team as backup when I start to struggle

These are all the 5 Stars I have, what's a good setup (Keep in mind I don't have hardly any 4 star characters that were released between Inazuma and this last week). If you're going to suggest a new main tell me what the playstyle is like and how long it will take to get them reasonably well geared to continue the story

It'd help more to know all the 4*s you do have anyway, since we can only assume all the initial Mondstadt characters, Xianling and Collei otherwise. For now I would say to level up Alhaitham as soon as you can because his and Nahida's dendro is nuts and you should absolutely use it since you have the opportunity.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

RareAcumen posted:

It'd help more to know all the 4*s you do have anyway, since we can only assume all the initial Mondstadt characters, Xianling and Collei otherwise. For now I would say to level up Alhaitham as soon as you can because his and Nahida's dendro is nuts and you should absolutely use it since you have the opportunity.
Diona r6
Chongyun r4
Fischl r6
Ningguang r0
Sucrose r6
Beidou r4
Xingqiu r6
Xinyan r3
Sayu r1
Rosaria r5
Razor r1
Yanfei r4
Bennett r0

Noelle r6
Xingling r6
Barbara r6
Amber r1
Kaeya r2
Lisa r0
Collei r0

I haven't stepped foot into Inazuma yet so anyone that needs materials from there might need to wait a while. I've been through the The Chasm but only ran straight to the areas for the Second Blooming event so I can start leveling up Alhaitham

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tampa Bae posted:

just barely missed the free 4* from the CNY event, rip. you could've picked up one of your missing ones

I would try a dendro+electro quicken team wtih either alhaitham or keqing as the main onfielder, plus zhongli fischl and collei (you can get her for free from the abyss)
quicken is kind of easy to gear? a bigger fraction of damage comes from levels (easy to get) instead of artifact substats (grindy and slow). but it does mean you will want to get level 80-90 ASAP.
however it does still want good crit stats eventually to cap out its damage

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Pick up Collei and give her a Fav Bow, then you can run Alhaitham/Collei/Fischl/Zhongli. Collei can be Dendro Traveler with favonius sword if you want. But he is a main carry, so he's gonna need hyperinvestment, yeah. And his ascension boss is, somewhat out of the way? Usually he runs EM/Dendro/Crit, so it might take some time to farm his stuff. The good news is that his general best set (gilded dreams) is in the same domain as the utility set you need for Collei (deepwood). And it's not a huge deal if you use 2x sets of gilded/deepwood/wanderer's while you farm.

If you don't wanna wait, Keqing is actually a super solid unit now. She can slot into Alhaitham's spot alongside Collei/Fischl/Zhongli. You don't need to farm as much if you already have electro gear, and Collei here is just an elemental applicator who can use noblesse or something. Also, a lot of old sets were added to the artifact strongbox, so you can passively pick up a 4x thundering fury set for her while you farm something else.

Both teams make good use of your C6 Fischl, but she works better with Keqing as a driver, because of reasons.

:rip: Yaoyao, coulda been a contender. Pretty unlucky to not get her on the Alhaitham banner. You can still try stuff like Sucrose/Fischl/Xingqiu/Collei, but it might get dicey without a real healer.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This quest line is hilarious in how many red flags it's throwing at you, poor Jeht

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You have C6 Fischl, Her + Keqing + Dendro main character (from Sumeru statue) or any dendro off fielder and then pick you favorite healer or shielder.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

My first trip to the weapon banner went pretty well :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

This quest line is hilarious in how many red flags it's throwing at you, poor Jeht

It's pretty wild actually participating in the genocide of an entire society for a change, instead of just reading it in the lore for the umpteenth time. Definitely a different vibe the usual fluffy heroic fantasy stuff you get in the Archon and Story quests (Dain's stuff aside, of course).