Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Split joycons is the spiritual successor to wiimote and nunchuck.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whose voice even is that. Some random guy at Retro I assume

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Trash Ops posted:

*fatlus voice quivering* why are the etrian odyssey ports twice the cost of the persona ports

because theyre twice as good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Japanese direct had a trailer for a new game from the My Summer Vacation devs, wonder if it'll come west since the Crayon Shin-Chan one did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4Fsbty6Ls

I hope it does, the Shin-Chan one looks neat but I’ve been wary of getting it since I don’t know anything about shin-chan and have no clue how much that actually matters. A regular non-licensed entry in the series seems like a good starting point

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Whose voice even is that. Some random guy at Retro I assume

it sounds like gerstmann doing the badass voice lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The guy who does the last metroid is in captivity voiceover in Super Metroid was a lead translator at Nintendo of America so it would carry on the tradition if it was some random guy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it sounds like Space Ghost

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Lol\

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

it sounds like Space Ghost

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The guy who does the last metroid is in captivity voiceover in Super Metroid was a lead translator at Nintendo of America so it would carry on the tradition if it was some random guy

his name is dan owsen

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hoping for a sequel to Ghost Trick :pray:

This sig under renovation

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol this alone in the dark game is so bad it rules

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I was really curious as to how and why that game got included, apparently there's a new Alone in the Dark game coming out this year?? So it's probably supposed to build hype lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

hopped into the octopath 2 demo for 5 minutes and I'm surprised they're using the exact same 8 vocations again. hopefully the secret jobs are different

I hope they do more battles with two full teams like the final boss. It was just that one fight but it was really cool figuring out how to spread jobs out to cover all the bases for both.

I wish RPGs in general forced you to do that more even though everyone cries cause they never leveled up Cait Sith before the final dungeon or whatever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was really curious as to how and why that game got included, apparently there's a new Alone in the Dark game coming out this year?? So it's probably supposed to build hype lol

its working

----------------

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love all the shows on Cartoon Planet. Smart Boy Daxter, Edward Edward Edward, Yak and Turkey, so many classics.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Hoping for a sequel to Ghost Trick :pray:

i will buy ghost trick 10 times to inflate sales numbers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mbt posted:

i will buy ghost trick 10 times to inflate sales numbers

I preordered and refunded it 4 times and there’s no sign of stopping, especially on my day off.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Keep releasing… I’m hyping

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I hope they do more battles with two full teams like the final boss. It was just that one fight but it was really cool figuring out how to spread jobs out to cover all the bases for both.

I wish RPGs in general forced you to do that more even though everyone cries cause they never leveled up Cait Sith before the final dungeon or whatever

I played like an hour and I'm in to it, there are quite a few cool new additions and the skills aren't all the same. The final boss of octo 1 made the whole thing worth it for me so if there's even one thing like it in this game I'll probably enjoy it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like some of the improvements they've made to the presentation for Octopath 2, like how the camera dramatically swings around behind a character when they do an attack they've spent a bunch of BP on

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

what difficulty/control scheme is everyone using for Metroid?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can only do normal to start and I'm doing classic controls but I might mess around and see how split joy cons gyro feels.

----------------

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yeah. It's an absolutely wild thing to be on the Gameboy Color. I feel like even on the Advance it would be substantially better. But at the same time the weirdness is kind of what makes it interesting to play.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

You can only do normal to start and I'm doing classic controls but I might mess around and see how split joy cons gyro feels.

maybe I have drift or something but the classic controls feel really messed up. i can barely get samus to move in a straight line and I remember it feeling super tight on the gc

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I upped the sens like 3 notches but otherwise it feels fine to me. I only really play FPS with controller so maybe I'm just used to it.

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i was using dual stick yesterday but i might swap to classic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

making you unlock the hard playthrough in a remake is hosed up

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They need to put Pokémon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire 2 on GBA swinch NOW.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I was working yesterday and missed everything, has anyone posted a recap of the cool stuff that's been announced?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

normal and pointer. i might play with gamecube controls for hard mode if i get my wavebird working. then maybe a low% run with twin stick controls

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Wormskull posted:

They need to put Pokémon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire 2 on GBA swinch NOW.

give it time wormskull... give it time

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fortaleza posted:

I was working yesterday and missed everything, has anyone posted a recap of the cool stuff that's been announced?

only about 20,000 people online

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna get the physical release for the prime remaster

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JOHN CENA posted:

----------------

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

JOHN CENA posted:

I have already preordered. Cannot wait to slam it into my Switch

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Heath posted:

I have already preordered. Cannot wait to slam it into my Switch

yeah but what about the game

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

yeah but what about the game

im sorry but if you're going to post here you need to challenge the other Dr. Kool-Aids to a kumite and retain name honor.