Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

my boyfriend is gonna get me metroid prime for my birthday, cant wait :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Death's Door is a top down action adventure game where you play as a crow who harvests souls. It has a good sense of humour and fantastic atmosphere. The music is beautiful and the combat is decent. Doesn't outstay its welcome but the end game can gently caress right off.

That game is unbelievable. Peak

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Somnium Files is epic win OP.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Metroid PRime Remastered looks so good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Metroid PRime Remastered looks so good
The lighting and textures are wild. How come every Switch game doesn’t look this good?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want to know who's developing it, it looks amazing lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Game only credits Retro so it looks like it was done in house

rox
Sep 7, 2016

was it developed inhouse? i didnt see what dev was attached

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I want to know who's developing it, it looks amazing lol

Sakurazuka posted:

Game only credits Retro so it looks like it was done in house

lmao as i was typing

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
That's funny, I also finished Deaths Door this week. Not gonna do post game stuff, it sounds like a real slog. I was really enchanted by the art direction and level design.

I did feel like the natural order of the game was somewhat backwards - the underground witch lair music went hard as gently caress in time with the environment moving around, and I never felt like the game hit that dramatic peak again. Should've been the penultimate area imo.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Kirby's Tilt N Tumble eventually coming out for Gameboy NSO hopefully means that Ware Ware Twisted gets added to GBA.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Kirby's Tilt N Tumble eventually coming out for Gameboy NSO hopefully means that Ware Ware Twisted gets added to GBA.

Wario de Mambo but I rewind it before it gets to Mambo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

External Organs posted:

That's funny, I also finished Deaths Door this week. Not gonna do post game stuff, it sounds like a real slog. I was really enchanted by the art direction and level design.

I did feel like the natural order of the game was somewhat backwards - the underground witch lair music went hard as gently caress in time with the environment moving around, and I never felt like the game hit that dramatic peak again. Should've been the penultimate area imo.

Agreed, especially the last area of the beast. Felt like they maybe ran out of time or money? Also the witch was the hardest boss out of the three.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope they can get boktai working somehow, maybe by using the auto screen brightness sensor or something cool

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If they've really been sitting on the game for two years as rumored it does seem like a strange choice. It would've made much more sense to time the release with Prime's 20th anniversary back in November and it certainly would've done well as a holiday release. That they shadow dropped it yesterday with a physical release two weeks out (they've certainly been sitting on printed carts for a while but haven't distributed them) makes me think it was a last minute decision to release it now and that they probably intended to release it closer to the release of Prime 4 (which itself is probably being pushed further back).

I think they were probably holding Prime to have it be part of Prime 4's hype cycle. Release Prime now, have people remember how good it/Retro is, and then reveal that Prime 4 is your big fall 2023 tentpole in June or whatever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

The lighting and textures are wild. How come every Switch game doesn’t look this good?

Lazy devs

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

END OF AN ERROR posted:

I have a quick Switch question.

I currently have a Switch at home. I work 24 hour shifts, and I’m considering getting a Switch Lite to play when I’m at work, so that I don’t take the Switch from my kids for 24 hours at a time.

Is it possible to have them sync? Like, can I play a game at home on the Switch, then pick it up at the same spot on my Lite when I’m at work?

This got missed in the Metroid chat. Can anyone answer?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played some GBA games online with friends last night and it worked pretty well. It’s also way more complex than the other multiplayer offerings which simply just connect another person to your session and give them control of player 2. Gives me hope for Nintendo putting more than the absolute bare minimum effort when it comes to their NSO emulation offerings. I’m curious how Tilt n Tumble will work for example. Or Pokémon Stadium when that comes out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keg4rbYL5x8

:eyepop:

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

END OF AN ERROR posted:

This got missed in the Metroid chat. Can anyone answer?

It depends on the game; if you’ve got NSO some games will support Cloud Saves, you’ll have to check.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there a way to "beat" Gameboy Tetris? Like a cutscene when you reach a certain amount of points generally regarded as the "best ending"?

Yes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How do vouchers work with preorders? Like could I redeem a voucher right this moment for Tears of the Kingdom and it would just take it and be considered preordered? Or would I only be able to redeem the voucher once the game was out or closer to release?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I can't wait for the inevitable Digital Foundry deep dive on the Prime Remaster, it looks like a lot of work went into it.

I wonder how long this has been in the works? If strong sales of Dread convinced Nintendo to move forward with the project?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think they were probably holding Prime to have it be part of Prime 4's hype cycle. Release Prime now, have people remember how good it/Retro is, and then reveal that Prime 4 is your big fall 2023 tentpole in June or whatever.
Usually when they do that they show footage of the "new" game and announce a release window, then shadow drop the "old" one. But they said nothing about Prime 4.

Unless your point was that they were going to do a Prime 4 announcement but it's so not ready they had to kick that can down the road.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prime 4 is in development hell. It's not coming out

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$40

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chump change

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I wonder how long this has been in the works? If strong sales of Dread convinced Nintendo to move forward with the project?
If you believe the leakers that stated Nintendo was sitting on a Prime remaster, Retro started development on it back in 2018 while also assisting on level design for Prime 4, but Nintendo was so impressed by the work on the redesign they fired Bamco and rebooted Prime 4's development under Retro.

I think the claim is that the Prime Remaster has been done since Fall 2021? Basically around the release of Dread.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’m trying to scan everything in Metroid Prime, but I forgot to scan the metroid ball bomb upgrade. Will that screw me since that only appears once.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think power ups get a log entry? Could be wrong though

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

I’m trying to scan everything in Metroid Prime, but I forgot to scan the metroid ball bomb upgrade. Will that screw me since that only appears once.

There are missable scans, but upgrades should get a database entry when you pick them up

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

END OF AN ERROR posted:

I have a quick Switch question.

I currently have a Switch at home. I work 24 hour shifts, and I’m considering getting a Switch Lite to play when I’m at work, so that I don’t take the Switch from my kids for 24 hours at a time.

Is it possible to have them sync? Like, can I play a game at home on the Switch, then pick it up at the same spot on my Lite when I’m at work?

Yeah, assuming you have Nintendo Switch Online (and an internet connection while at work, obviously). There's a cloud save option:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41208/~/how-to-download-save-data-cloud-backups

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

man nurse posted:

How do vouchers work with preorders? Like could I redeem a voucher right this moment for Tears of the Kingdom and it would just take it and be considered preordered? Or would I only be able to redeem the voucher once the game was out or closer to release?

You can use them on preorders. I used a voucher on Tears of the Kingdom today.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

ChocNitty posted:

Here's a list of missable scans:

https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Missable_Scans

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Does the prime remaster have a physical release? I used to only buy digital but since my brother also got a switch recently I’m trying to pivot to physical when I can to avoid any potential double dips, but I checked last night and could only find old copies (which hell, I still have my original copy lol). But that could just be a side effect of the sudden drop causing a bit of a lag for a physical release

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RME posted:

Does the prime remaster have a physical release? I used to only buy digital but since my brother also got a switch recently I’m trying to pivot to physical when I can to avoid any potential double dips, but I checked last night and could only find old copies (which hell, I still have my original copy lol). But that could just be a side effect of the sudden drop causing a bit of a lag for a physical release

February 22

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

RME posted:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Oh I found a link to a prime remaster physical copy on best buy. The page isn't displaying the image but if you add it to your cart it will show up. It let me pre-order and I got a confirmation email so we'll see

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metroi...p?skuId=6535545

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Probably gonna wait for a physical copy of MP. Really looks to be more of a remake than a remaster tbh.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Probably gonna wait for a physical copy of MP. Really looks to be more of a remake than a remaster tbh.

It's a Crisis Core level remaster of a game that's several magnitudes better than Crisis Core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ChocNitty posted:

No, but there are a fair number of missable scans in the game. Bosses are an obvious one--sometimes you have to scan them multiple times as they have different forms, but that's generally helpful anyways since scanning them gives you something to target.

The other is non-threatning creatures that will appear in an area the first time you visit it (to enable you to explore at your own pace) but later get replaced by a room full of space pirates after plot events. I think Ice Shriekbats fall in this category but they're not the only ones.

It's pretty much impossible to get 100% of scans during your first playthrough without a guide. Every time I have used a guide I've missed exactly one missable scan. I don't think there's any specific rewards for 100% scans though, at least, not in the GC/Wii versions.