Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it is oddly liberating to have this flurry of activity be about the esoteric forums drama of another thread which i know nothing about, complete with complicated lore and references which are entirely obscure to me

it's a kind of redux d&dchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Management realized the forums were being unfairly deprived of the best posters, because we'd all settled into a pastel tower to gaze out over the kingdom. They had to tear down our works so that we might raise all the other subforums up as well. As detailed in the prophecy.

10+ hours til I can smoke of a weed, but that's work for ya. I could get away with smoking at work, but it takes the enjoyment out of it if I'm just high all the time. Weed is how I know I'm home and chillin.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I will post my secret shame: For about 15 years, from 1998 to 2013, I could not tell the difference between Anna Paquin or Anne Hathaway.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The :qq: about USPol being full of bullies and driving people out is still funny when you look at the poo poo that goes through clear. Stay classy. It's all just hollow when D&D has a pathological liar mod who gets a hall pass to treat people horribly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Saw 300 new posts in the chat thread, thought something interesting had happened.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Saw 300 new posts in the chat thread, thought something interesting had happened.

apparently it did, but i have no idea what because all the discussion is in a weird tribal dialect with which i'm not at all familiar

it's great

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

pittsburgh penguins have won the superbowl

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

The :qq: about USPol being full of bullies and driving people out is still funny when you look at the poo poo that goes through clear. Stay classy. It's all just hollow when D&D has a pathological liar mod who gets a hall pass to treat people horribly.

The HRU strategy of "being deliberately annoying with boring posts that look anodyne to casual passerby" is textbook fash stuff (ok sign) and mods should get away with it even less.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

V. Illych L. posted:

apparently it did, but i have no idea what because all the discussion is in a weird tribal dialect with which i'm not at all familiar

it's great

unban volkerball he will flourish in neo dadchat

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fritz is fine. Roleplaying as a horse is not lying. It's just being in character.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Fritz is fine. Roleplaying as a horse is not lying. It's just being in character.

Pretty sure he was calling you a pathological liar.

We tried to lead Fritz to water, but we cannot force him to drink.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Lyin’ Leon Lopes Into Loserville

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Leon-outrage continues to be deeply embarrassing for those engage in it. “Oh look at this loving rear end in a top hat, making a dozen posts with actual information a day and giving someone a sixer every couple of weeks, clearly this a giant forums problem,” like, get a grip, geez.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Egg prices started falling as soon as the balloon was spotted. Coincidence? I think not.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Egg prices started falling as soon as the balloon was spotted. Coincidence? I think not.

the big egg scared the small eggs to get back in line

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

The egg market is upside down!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

we buy eggs from a local farm that sells at hy vee and their prices didn’t rise at all during this whole thing I think. They’re weird anabaptists who include Christian messages their kids wrote and photocopied in every carton, good rear end eggs

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

selec posted:

we buy eggs from a local farm that sells at hy vee and their prices didn’t rise at all during this whole thing I think. They’re weird anabaptists who include Christian messages their kids wrote and photocopied in every carton, good rear end eggs

cluck tracts

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Can Lib and let die's next avatar be Yglesias's head upside down but his body in the right place? Thank you in advance

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I appreciate why you changed it but chick tracts is right there and actually does work better

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rappaport posted:

Can Lib and let die's next avatar be Yglesias's head upside down but his body in the right place? Thank you in advance

I hope whatever the long play here is ends up with animated spinning MattY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4mPkze9AEs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rappaport posted:

This was my brain's first response, assuming it was one of those masks where the beard or weird chin became the hair of the new face when flipped

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Trivia talk included some "How about those Republicans at the SotU, they must be so embarassed Biden made them promise not to try to cut social services."

How is anybody in my sphere and still being like "can you believe these Republicans? Good thing dems finally thwarted em for good."

Mom, nobody who likes Jewish space lasers woman is going to change their mind about her because of the state of the union.

Also we came in dead last. NFL, new TV shows, and celebrity birth dates sunk us. I just start drawing dinosaurs on the tablecloth when those are the questions. Rawr motherfuckers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BRJurgis posted:

Trivia talk included some "How about those Republicans at the SotU, they must be so embarassed Biden made them promise not to try to cut social services."

How is anybody in my sphere and still being like "can you believe these Republicans? Good thing dems finally thwarted em for good."

Mom, nobody who likes Jewish space lasers woman is going to change their mind about her because of the state of the union.

Also we came in dead last. NFL, new TV shows, and celebrity birth dates sunk us. I just start drawing dinosaurs on the tablecloth when those are the questions. Rawr motherfuckers.

Sounds like your crew needs to organize some NCIS: Las Vegas and Monday Night Football parties. The important thing is having fun.

Don't draw on your restaurant's tablecloth, though. You're a strange bird, BR.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BRJurgis posted:

I can't wait until my father-in-law expresses utter shock and confusion that I refused to watch the SotDE so I can bust put "I don't need to hear the devil's lies to know he's The Great Deceiver"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

I can't wait until my father-in-law expresses utter shock and confusion that I refused to watch the SotDE so I can bust put "I don't need to hear the devil's lies to know he's The Great Deceiver"

That'll learn em

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

That'll learn em

I've anecdotally found that the shock and awe approach is usually enough to sufficiently dislodge whatever insane rant about the communist democrats he was prepared to give from front of mind

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sounds like your crew needs to organize some NCIS: Las Vegas and Monday Night Football parties. The important thing is having fun.

Don't draw on your restaurant's tablecloth, though. You're a strange bird, BR.

Paper tablecloths and crayons on trivia night, because we are children. My biggest contribution is the team name. We were "Chinese Inflation Plot".

We know the trivia guy and I take delight in trying to get him to say something inappropriate. Best ever was "Hughe, Geoff, & Dick". He realized as soon as he verbalized it and glared right at us, he knew who punked him. "Easter joke: nailed it!" was another classic.

Lib and let die posted:

I've anecdotally found that the shock and awe approach is usually enough to sufficiently dislodge whatever insane rant about the communist democrats he was prepared to give from front of mind

Yeah this is always fun with people I've given up on, uh, converting. Just start saying "death to capitalism" and "hail satan".

BRJurgis fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 9, 2023

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

BRJurgis posted:

"Easter joke: nailed it!" was another classic.

:drat:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Our trivia team name is usually something like "Second Place Cheated" or "First Place"

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Quiz bowl was a big part of middle and high school for me, but my wife and I have soured on trivia nights at bars 'cause it seems like there's always at least one table cheating. Sometimes the organizers try to manage that and fail, other times they don't even pretend to care. Either way poo poo sucks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The actual trick is to not give a poo poo about other teams because there's always a tryhard one who blows everyone out with their totally legitimate knowledge

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

The actual trick is to not give a poo poo about other teams because there's always a tryhard one who blows everyone out with their totally legitimate knowledge

The problem is that's my team

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Is shifty nipples not judgy fucker?

I'm so confused. Name changes should be illegal

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Trivia at other bars was always like that, once or twice a few younger folks literally just openly Googling every question and yelling out the answer immediately, best the Mc could do was "cmon guys, don't ruin it for everybody".

Our guy, at our bar? A drunk dude did that once and it was a record scratch moment. Mc was essentially like "are you loving kidding me?" Whole room craned their heads to view this jackass, even grandmas were menacing him. His friend had him out of the building within 2 minutes.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

Is shifty nipples not judgy fucker?

I'm so confused. Name changes should be illegal

I am not, nor have ever been, shifty nipples

Curious as to what connected us for you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I want whatever Paradox marketing people are having this week lol https://www.eurogamer.net/europa-universalis-4-patch-focusing-on-russian-conquest-of-europe-raises-eyebrows-among-fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Judgy Fucker posted:

I am not, nor have ever been, shifty nipples

Curious as to what connected us for you

I think you might have both change names around the same time.