Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Any tips for spending Synth Points? I'm thinking of skipping pretty much the entire second row of upgrades (I already bought the synth efficiency one) and saving up for either the third synthing slot or the Base upgrade on the third row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a 0.20.9 update for USI that hit only 30 minutes ago or so and the core upgrades appear to be extremely broken for me; values show as "1.#|e0" and I can hit upgrade all to upgrade everything by like 1000 levels as many times as I want. Juuuust FYI

Edit: Yeah this is very broken!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

explosivo posted:

There's a 0.20.9 update for USI that hit only 30 minutes ago or so and the core upgrades appear to be extremely broken for me; values show as "1.#|e0" and I can hit upgrade all to upgrade everything by like 1000 levels as many times as I want. Juuuust FYI

Edit: Yeah this is very broken!

Seem fine to me, was there something you did to break them?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klungar posted:

Seem fine to me, was there something you did to break them?

Seemed like just hitting "upgrade all" with any value caused it to happen for me. I can't click the individual upgrades but upgrade all is bumping everything up by 1000 right now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:dudsmile:

suspect some logical check along the lines of "if can't afford upgrade, tell player to go spin" has been broken lol

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

Seemed like just hitting "upgrade all" with any value caused it to happen for me. I can't click the individual upgrades but upgrade all is bumping everything up by 1000 right now

Welp, yeah, that does it. Research Core now giving crazy bonus. Does go to show what little effect the Weapon/Shield cores have after reaching the last upgrade, though, since even with 10s of thousands of levels they don't really go up in value all that much.

e: dev confirmed its an artifact of a bug they were trying to fix that they forgot was in there when they pushed the emergency update for a separate bug.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New update is out to fix it, I didn't cheat too much but did use it to bump up to unlock the kinetic cannon :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Any tips for spending Synth Points? I'm thinking of skipping pretty much the entire second row of upgrades (I already bought the synth efficiency one) and saving up for either the third synthing slot or the Base upgrade on the third row.
I skipped everything but synth efficiency to beeline to third synth slot (think of it as +50% synth exp earned in addition to all its more obvious benefits for progression, since it makes you faster), got everything that cost three digits, now I'm maxing the 1250-cost "synth speed" and then I will hold out for the 2e4 module slot and then backfill the rest

that said, halfway through the progression the dev added the "warp cooldown" one, so I also maxed the 1250-cost "warp cooldown" cause I felt more behind there

edit: lmao the entirety of the new patch is fixing that bug that the patch itself introduced and "warp core charge speed upgrades reduced", so uh, straight nerf, no reason to refresh that I can see

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
USI: Has anyone beaten sector 40 yet? It seems ... impossible?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

USI: Has anyone beaten sector 40 yet? It seems ... impossible?

It’s intended to be impossible, as it’s past the end of current content. It’ll be nerfed once more content is available.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

synth speed as mentioned above, but imo the flat damage & shield increases are also insanely strong

grabbing half of the the first "synth power max" (the one that increases void power capacity) is also really nice once void power caps become relevant.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Tier 5 synth looks like a slog. It's like 4 minutes to make an alloy with a speed of 2.3e5

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Just remember these are multiplicative, not additive. It's not a flat 10% but another 10% multiplied to what you had in earlier tiers.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I never really got into evolve because of all the moving parts but that script that fully automates it makes it a perfect partner game to USI bouncing between windows

My cactus guys blew up and are now sentient blobs of mould

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI pro tip: you get a fifth shard slot at 32, plus a shard drops that goes in there and gives +base 2 production, so even if you can't get to 33 to prestige for the new utility core it's worth pushing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just unlocked the 3rd utility slot. How far do you guys push computing before switching over typically?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sheesh nearly freaked out thinking I lost my USI save. Open my browser tab as usual and it was a new game. My last manual save was from 9PM last night so I would have lost a few extra hours of progress. Tried cloud save restore but forgot password until I realized my username is case sensitive. When I loaded my cloud save, nothing was moving (same bug I had when trying to move over to the downloaded version). Ultimately restored it by exporting my bugged frozen cloud save and then importing it. Seems fine now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Xtanstic posted:

Sheesh nearly freaked out thinking I lost my USI save. Open my browser tab as usual and it was a new game. My last manual save was from 9PM last night so I would have lost a few extra hours of progress. Tried cloud save restore but forgot password until I realized my username is case sensitive. When I loaded my cloud save, nothing was moving (same bug I had when trying to move over to the downloaded version). Ultimately restored it by exporting my bugged frozen cloud save and then importing it. Seems fine now.

It keeps a backup of every time before you prestige and all your manual saves %appdata%\Godot\app_userdata\SpaceIdle you can paste that with the %appdata% it will turn into C:\blah blah\username\blah automatically even if you changed it from default.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I did two black hole resets before I turned on full automation in Evolve, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I'm doing 4 star MADs faster than I was doing 0 star MADs without building automation.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Maigius posted:

I did two black hole resets before I turned on full automation in Evolve, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I'm doing 4 star MADs faster than I was doing 0 star MADs without building automation.

I tried to install that mod right after my first bioseed reset recently, and was massively confused. You probably need to play the game that much before understanding the mod.
Actually, I found the documentation bad enough that I decided that I would probably stop playing instead of modding once normal evolve annoys me enough.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God, the boosts from Research Station are awfully dramatic, huh?

My Focus Research bonus jumped from x9 to x31, alongside a general x2 boost to research, and I've only got 22 levels in it!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
spent the whole day in USI idling with my Battle Shard equipped instead of my Synth Shard

I got regrets

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

question for the evolve guys: I now have a few MADs under my belt and ~400 plasmids, what's the next step? I read that I want to '4* black hole out of standard forever' but I have no idea what that even entails. Am I supposed to be in permanent challenge mode for extra bonuses, and if so how many/which ones should I have active?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Beasteh posted:

question for the evolve guys: I now have a few MADs under my belt and ~400 plasmids, what's the next step? I read that I want to '4* black hole out of standard forever' but I have no idea what that even entails. Am I supposed to be in permanent challenge mode for extra bonuses, and if so how many/which ones should I have active?

If you've only done MADs then you still need to do your first Bioseeds - 3-to-4 is fine to gather Phage and spend the extra plasmids over softcap (250+Phage) on crispr unlocks. If you're set on doing anything other than 0* Black Hole to leave then you'll want the craftsmen and phage storage upgrades, at least.

4* Black Hole to leave is really up to personal preference on your patience and whether you want to never return to Standard. I personally skipped out and just 3*'d it for a decent perk bonus and came back during the cycle of vising every universe for their specific achievements to finish 4*.

But if you do decide to do 4* Blackhole then 4* means all 4 Challenge Genes:
No Starting Plasmids - Obvious
No Free Trade - No manual trades, trade routes only
No Manual Crafting - Craftsmen only for crafted items
Junk Gene - Weaker crispr creep bonus and a random negative trait

3* is doing them all except No Starting Plasmids.

These are seperate from the Challenge Modes which are specific scenarios that change the game in sometimes huge ways.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 10, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Okay thanks for the advice. I'm using the automation scripts so patience isn't really an issue, I just let it run in the background

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sivart13 posted:

spent the whole day in USI idling with my Battle Shard equipped instead of my Synth Shard

I got regrets

Why not both? I use:

Blue = Battle
Pink = Salvage
Orange = Compute
Red = Synth

Minor adjustments as I bail out of computing or hit my salvage limit but I pretty much always use battle since the 16x damage and shield boost is worth like 3 or 4 sectors

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I use:

Blue = Battle
turns out my brain doesn't work good and despite reading the tooltips a hundred times it didn't occur to me that the battle shard can go in the blue slot, I'd been swapping it and out of the Red slot with Synth

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh Incidentally, because this happened to me, Hull Damage increases do not increase damage against armor. I assumed that since the tool tip still describes armor as "hull" it would work, but uh, it doesn't.

Wasted so much time sticking the damage up shard in the yellow slot when it was effectively doing nothing. :v:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sivart13 posted:

turns out my brain doesn't work good and despite reading the tooltips a hundred times it didn't occur to me that the battle shard can go in the blue slot, I'd been swapping it and out of the Red slot with Synth

You need purple or better to use blue with it, the blue battle shard drops before blue slot unlocks. You likely missed the new unlock and just kept doing what you were doing when you upgraded.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
good to know I'm only somewhat unobservant and not completely daft!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tei posted:

I have returned to Your Chronicle, and honestly is the best incremental game story based. I had a lot to do that I neglected before.

You got me to start it and I am getting the hang of it. I still don't quite understand the math of the rituals. The surface-level is simple enough, get exp and perform the sacred ritual to level up. I just don't understand the multipliers and what that all means. Is that all just a multiplier to exp I am receiving? This made sense but the math doesn't seem to add up.

e: like how do I parse this?

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 11, 2023

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It's a bit odd in organizing the list but your base experience is "Exp Sum", which is then multiplied with the other numbers one after the other to reach 33.8 million.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

It's a bit odd in organizing the list but your base experience is "Exp Sum", which is then multiplied with the other numbers one after the other to reach 33.8 million.

How does that relate to the progress bar?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

You're currently at 12 million out of 65.5, so prestigeing won't get you to another rank

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Right but, like, how does the 33.8M relate to the 12M?

e: I think I get it. The bigger number is my overall total throughout this run. So the 12M is that total with all the previous rank-up costs subtracted.

Thanks for the help.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'm hitting a new wall in USI, I cannot get enough scrap like I'm stuck around sector 22 with tier 2 weapons now but they take way more scrap then I can get even with all the modules/v devices/reactor boosts I can stack.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
do you have the auto pickup scrap module? scrap pickups have a lot more scrap than ships, I think

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Guess I should use that more, I need to save up for more module slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You got me to start it and I am getting the hang of it. I still don't quite understand the math of the rituals. The surface-level is simple enough, get exp and perform the sacred ritual to level up. I just don't understand the multipliers and what that all means. Is that all just a multiplier to exp I am receiving? This made sense but the math doesn't seem to add up.

e: like how do I parse this?

I can't help you much. I don't play YC looking at the numbers much.

Sacred Ritual is somewhat like a battery that fills with experience and varius bonuses, and when is full, can be discharged to generate inspiration points and habits points. The rank of SR also govern when some stuff unlock, but that is minor.
You want to press the button as soon is available to click.

I don't want to talk much and accidentally make a spoiler.

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 11, 2023