Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Pop Art poster of some proud looking stormtroopers
"Leave the force to us! Report all Jedi Immediately!"

Obi-Wan foaming at the mouth like he's truning into a warewolf
"Around Jedi, you'll Jedie!"

Sheev holding out his hand to some crying child with a broken toy.
"The only force sensitive you can trust!"

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

Need a photo op of Palpatine and Mon Mothma standing side by side holding "Je Suis Coruscant" signs

"Coruscast Strong"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

HootTheOwl posted:

The highpoint of ROS was "The dead speak!" and then nothing was entertaining for the next three hours.

I’ve said it before, but the part that got the biggest positive reaction from me was the 2-second cameo of Denis Lawson as Wedge being a gunner for Lando in the Millennium Falcon.

Also that said, Sheev is always fun and fucks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'd just like to clarify, regardless of their nominally passion centric ideology, from the pablo perspective in the disney regime, it's not clear that any sith has hosed

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'd just like to clarify, regardless of their nominally passion centric ideology, from the pablo perspective in the disney regime, it's not clear that any sith has hosed

Usually only (often fatally) themselves

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Does Anakin count?

Edit: Probably not as the act happened when he was still a Jedi

Also I might be remembering wrong but didn’t some supplementary material come out that implied Rey’s dad was actually a failed Palpatine clone or something?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 9, 2023

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Any word on "Loam"?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thus spoke pablo: Barring any surprising future canon updates, anakin last hosed when he was still a jedi. And yes palpatine only apparently reproduced asexually

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I am coming around on AI

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

fartknocker posted:

I’ve said it before, but the part that got the biggest positive reaction from me was the 2-second cameo of Denis Lawson as Wedge being a gunner for Lando in the Millennium Falcon.

I mean that's obvious, dude has a son named Jeff Palpatine

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ultimately babu frik really does it for some people and leaves others indifferent. This issue is really going to spill out into the open when he hijacks multiple episodes of mandalorian season 3

Mandalorian started as a space western, it will end as a social experiment into how many tiny ?baby? creatures you can fit into a single tv show.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 9, 2023

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Mandalorian started as a space western, it will end as a social experiment into how many tiny ?baby? creatures you can fit into a single tv show.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1623777434796716032

A lot, as it turns out

(Also the Galactic Pals YouTube series)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

This is gonna have one hell of a series finale

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

theflyingexecutive posted:

This is gonna have one hell of a series finale

Can't wait for Evil Red Yoda to show up and fight Anakin for the right to slaughter the Younglings

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Set during the high republic era sorry genocide lovers

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

So... will we see Senator Chuchi in the background during the Mon Mothma bits of Andor Season 2?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

they shouldnt have the children play with laser swords

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's tough because andor season 2 already has a lot of arcs it needs to pay off in addition to all the promised rogue 1 setup. But if anything is worth squeezing in there, surely it's a dance of death between senator chuchi and loam redge

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Ups_rail posted:

they shouldnt have the children play with laser swords

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

fartknocker posted:

But why wasn’t he in an old X-Wing or something? He should have been in competition with Dameron for most fighter kills.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

St_Ides posted:

But why wasn’t he in an old X-Wing or something? He should have been in competition with Dameron for most fighter kills.

Because it was a bad movie

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

genocide the Geonosians.

Lucas greatest naming atrocity goddamn

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
New bad batch ruled

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So how will they destroy the energy, mood, and momentum from these 2 episodes next week?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

DurosKlav posted:

So how will they destroy the energy, mood, and momentum from these 2 episodes next week?

"The Crossing" will feature the Dad Batch taking Omega to school and spending 20 minutes trying to cross the street while constantly getting stopped by future Rebels characters, returning Clone Wars characters, and time traveling Rey and Ben Solo from the alternate timeline people are insisting will retcon the ST out of existence

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vinylshadow posted:

"The Crossing" will feature the Dad Batch taking Omega to school and spending 20 minutes trying to cross the street while constantly getting stopped by future Rebels characters, returning Clone Wars characters, and time traveling Rey and Ben Solo from the alternate timeline people are insisting will retcon the ST out of existence

And they have to get a lothcat out of a tree

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Looks like the producers saw Andor and decided... ya lets do that!

The warehouse shootout looked just like the warehouse in Andor where Luthen first met Andor.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Burning_Monk posted:

Looks like the producers saw Andor and decided... ya lets do that!

The warehouse shootout looked just like the warehouse in Andor where Luthen first met Andor.

The opening episode was pretty good but I did chuckle at someone getting crushed by a big pile of money, with much less impactful consequences

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's the inevitable long-game outcome that The Muppets and then Muppet Babies (with a Tie Fighter blasting away in the opening!) started.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Watching the last 3 or so episodes of Bad Batch on a nice TV for a change (instead of a nice monitor) and holy head the animation and lighting has gotten so good. I'm (re)watching s6 along with AMCA And for how good that looked this is so much better

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Watching the last 3 or so episodes of Bad Batch on a nice TV for a change (instead of a nice monitor) and holy head the animation and lighting has gotten so good. I'm (re)watching s6 along with AMCA And for how good that looked this is so much better

Yea on a whim I went back and watched a few minutes of some of the older Clone Wars episodes and it is amazing how drastically the animation and effects have improved. Even compared to the final season, there is a very noticeable difference. Bad Batch is just one of the best looking animated series on TV.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My only real lament is that they don't have a lighting concept for the opening shot of Serenno, 'cause god drat do the establishing shots look phenomenal

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

i'm the t-posing stormtrooper for scale

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFR41LS5A0
This show was so good and Im going to miss it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFR41LS5A0
This show was so good and Im going to miss it.

Good news, the second season is currently filming!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
AMCA are going to poo poo when they see this last two parter in like 3 years

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really loved "we can't sneak out, lets just cause make a big mess into a HUGE mess to escape".

Also Rampart is gonna be assembling Death Star parts of the rest of his life.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I really loved "we can't sneak out, lets just cause make a big mess into a HUGE mess to escape".

Also Rampart is gonna be assembling Death Star parts of the rest of his life.

We know that fate is powered by irony in this universe so it would be tied to his ambitions or crimes. He is probably assembling Storm Trooper helmets or cremating decommissioned clones.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Ups_rail posted:

They also toned down the lighting I couldnt see poo poo watching enterprise
Huh, I'm rewatching it and am in season 2 and haven't noticed it being an issue.

fartknocker posted:

The funniest part of ROS was in my mind Lando goes off to recruit a fleet cuz he both the smoothest talker in the galaxy and a respected war hero, but he barely has to say anything because everyone is like "Yeah Sheev slid directly in MY loving BRAIN'S DMs gently caress that guy tell me where to go"

Thus spoke pablo: Barring any surprising future canon updates, anakin last hosed when he was still a jedi. And yes palpatine only apparently reproduced asexually
Wait but I thought ROS said Palp's least force-y clone was Rey's old man so if he hosed it had nothing to do with Rey's linneage. In Legends didn't he have a hidden mistress with a possible love child but the kid was someone elses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

KurdtLives posted:

In Legends didn't he have a hidden mistress with a possible love child but the kid was someone elses?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Trioculus
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Triclops
The old EU was wild.