Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Belongs in the Louvre :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Warbird posted:

Yes but then I can’t enjoy the compression, and I want to stress the pun by including this little aside here, making GBS threads itself when the confetti starts.

Play it over wireless with a low bitrate

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhlVoo4MtI

If anyone wants to see what flying cars in Cyberpunk 2077 in VR is like, you can enjoy this gameplay video I cut together. 4K for best quality, and there is strobing, but that's the nature of recording AER footage. Apparently the new version of Luke Ross' mod will correct this

Using Luke Ross vr mod from november and pre-DLSS3 cp2077 patch. 3600/3080/virtual desktop

Cutting your engines above a city enveloped in fog and punching it when you start to see building tops is something else!

And the sense of speed is also great when riding and flying motorcycles. I'm using the drone-type flying mode in this video.

e - It would be interesting if someone had insight, it can't be as easy as getting video from the cameras and using some SLAM algorithm, but I don't know enough to guess what would be needed tbh. For the video out the lenses can be measured. I don't know how controller tracking works for the PSVR

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 8, 2023

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

So what are the actual odds on the PSVR2 being usable on PC? Not officially of course, but it there any hope on some kind of kludge to make it work?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Manager Hoyden posted:

So what are the actual odds on the PSVR2 being usable on PC? Not officially of course, but it there any hope on some kind of kludge to make it work?

0-5%

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

So you're saying there's a chance

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

The Eyes Have It posted:

the followup https://store.steampowered.com/app/1157920/Beach_Body_Bros/ is transcendent

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

I mean the hardware setup is a lot more tenable than the original PSVR. I dunno if I'm that pessimistic. What are your reasons here?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

forest spirit posted:

If anyone wants to see what flying cars in Cyberpunk 2077 in VR is like, you can enjoy this gameplay video I cut together. 4K for best quality, and there is strobing, but that's the nature of recording AER footage. Apparently the new version of Luke Ross' mod will correct this

Using Luke Ross vr mod from november and pre-DLSS3 cp2077 patch. 3600/3080/virtual desktop

Cutting your engines above a city enveloped in fog and punching it when you start to see building tops is something else!

And the sense of speed is also great when riding and flying motorcycles. I'm using the drone-type flying mode in this video.

e - It would be interesting if someone had insight, it can't be as easy as getting video from the cameras and using some SLAM algorithm, but I don't know enough to guess what would be needed tbh. For the video out the lenses can be measured. I don't know how controller tracking works for the PSVR

Can you try the public transit mod in VR? Id kill to see what that looks like

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Manager Hoyden posted:

https://www.roadtovr.com/psvr-2-no-steam-vr-support-compatible/

creator of psvr compatibility driver posted:

You would be wasting your money, as there is no guarantee you could ever use it on a PC, and quite a good chance that you won’t be able to. The original PSVR is (electronically) equivalent to a monitor and so it it is relatively simple to get a video signal up on it. Reading sensors etc. took a lot of reverse engineering, and at least a year from release before anyone figured that out. It then took a couple more years before it was usable as a PC VR headset. Tracking and controllers (using the original hardware) is still very much a work in progress, over 5 years from release. That is without Sony making any effort to prevent non PS4 users from using it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

forest spirit posted:

If anyone wants to see what flying cars in Cyberpunk 2077 in VR is like,

My buddy has been saying that 2077 is actually a decent game now that it's been patched. I've been making fun of him, but your video really looks intriguing. I wanna play Blade Runner VR, now!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I never mashed an ADD TO LIBRARY button so fast in my life

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Chin Strap posted:

I mean the hardware setup is a lot more tenable than the original PSVR. I dunno if I'm that pessimistic. What are your reasons here?

I'd have to dig up the tweets with the info but basically someone already went deep dive on it a bit and determined it wont happen anytime soon if at all. The system I guess don't work the same way and there isn't a real way to access the tracking system or some poo poo to pump it into steamvr.

Damnit I wish I could remember who posted that poo poo.

The Eyes Have It posted:

Its pretty drat silly/fun for what it is.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Anyone running a Quest 2/Virtual desktop setup on Windows 11? I'm thinking of upgrading from 10 for other reasons. Google shows that it was a stuttery mess, but everything saying that was from last summer. Did it get better?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The Eyes Have It posted:

I would pay good rear end money for a Louvre VR tour.

See a couple hundred paintings, sculptures, and artifacts up close in detail in VR.

That would be the poo poo. I think someday they will do it, since sooner or later they will have to bottleneck the increasing droves of tourists going there.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

ChocNitty posted:

See a couple hundred paintings, sculptures, and artifacts up close in detail in VR.

That would be the poo poo. I think someday they will do it, since sooner or later they will have to bottleneck the increasing droves of tourists going there.

Google's Arts & Culture app on my phone is pretty neat in that you can wave your phone around to look at art pieces in a phone-based AR kind of way, the neat part being that the artwork can be shown as though it were floating in e.g. your living room, and at life size. You can walk up and lean in close, etc.

Having that in VR would be absolutely fantastic. Imagine getting art history tours and poo poo in that way, or even just browse content from real museums. The phone is so limited, but I can see the potential.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ChocNitty posted:

When they put a bunch of 'tour modes' in Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey to showcase all the work they did recreating ancient Egypt and Greece without having to worry about being stabbed by a mercenary I wished there were some way of getting a vr dual-camera view out of the game in some way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NoneMoreNegative posted:

When they put a bunch of 'tour modes' in Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey to showcase all the work they did recreating ancient Egypt and Greece without having to worry about being stabbed by a mercenary I wished there were some way of getting a vr dual-camera view out of the game in some way.

Maybe if we're really lucky Sony will poke them to add something like that to the next one for PSVR2 owners.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
A friend of mine got their Facebook hacked and they tried to recover it with their driver’s license but Facebook gives an error. I told them about how people were using Oculus Support as a loophole but he said it just brings him to the same site now. Does anyone know if that’s still a thing you can do; tell them you can’t use your headset because you need them to get you back into your Facebook account?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Stormangel posted:

Anyone running a Quest 2/Virtual desktop setup on Windows 11? I'm thinking of upgrading from 10 for other reasons. Google shows that it was a stuttery mess, but everything saying that was from last summer. Did it get better?

I think it's pretty much universally fine now. Some people had performance issues initially but by no means all, and at this point you should expect to be able to play without any problems.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Stormangel posted:

Fine for me too.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Try the Mechwarrior 5 VR mod. I've been on a battletech kick lately and it's pretty great, really makes you feel like you're in a giant stompy death machine. The game has some pretty great destruction effects and explosions.

Does require a HOTAS to play comfortably though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-U66g2fz0

On my to do list actually, I've been mucking around with Mechwarrior 5 a bit since it was on sale recently with an eye towards trying the VR mod.

Might have to see if I can get a feasible control scheme off a gamepad though, I've got friends who'd want to play it with me in VR but they don't have a HOTAS setup (and honestly I found configuring my HOTAS a tremendous pain and not very satisfying to play compared to just using kb/m but I think with some additional tweaking on my part I could find something I'm happy with).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

The VR Museum of Fine Art is free on Steam and it's pretty cool, obviously not the Louvre but it's worth a look if you're not familiar with it already

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

The Eyes Have It posted:

Thanks for reminding me I own this and never got around to playing!

Stormangel posted:

It works in VRchat, so I think so. I haven't been in a VR mood for awhile. Some things still work better with air link others VD, it's case by case for max frames and no stutter.

There is at least on virtual museum VR thing I own but never tried, but I think the world itself is supposed to be art, but individual pieces change over time.

Another thing I've never tried.

"Museum of other realities"

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

I liked a few of the 'vr art museums' that I tried. I should have done a compilation.
There was a Rembrandt one that was high quality.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/774231/The_Kremer_Collection_VR_Museum/?l=spanish&curator_clanid=23133713
You have the museum of Other Realities in Steam.

I have to try this https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2581900071911230/

And some others, the Omnigallery is good too
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/...=oculusredirect

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mode 7 posted:

On my to do list actually, I've been mucking around with Mechwarrior 5 a bit since it was on sale recently with an eye towards trying the VR mod.

Might have to see if I can get a feasible control scheme off a gamepad though, I've got friends who'd want to play it with me in VR but they don't have a HOTAS setup (and honestly I found configuring my HOTAS a tremendous pain and not very satisfying to play compared to just using kb/m but I think with some additional tweaking on my part I could find something I'm happy with).

It's a very different kind of game and not VR, but Battletech with all the DLC is on fairly deep sale on fanatical right now: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/battletech-mercenary-collection.

If you're liking MW5 then it might be worth thinking about getting it as well, it's an excellent recreation of the tabletop game, especially with mods (of which there are only 2 main ones unlike MW5, somewhat thankfully).

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

MW5 is fun but it's a billion times easier to play with m+kb than hotas.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Dietrich posted:

MW5 is fun but it's a billion times easier to play with m+kb than hotas.

True, but not in VR.

You can set up reticle leading via emulation which helps a bit.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 9, 2023

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Does gorilla tag make revenue from selling hats??

I had my SO give it a go last night while casting. Went in the lobby, had one kid that was super helpful.

Another kid was just following her around "wanna buy a hat? You need to get a hat! You get them OVER HERE!!!!!!"

Good in game marketing you got there lol.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Harminoff posted:

I had my SO give it a go last night while casting. Went in the lobby, had one kid that was super helpful.

Another kid was just following her around "wanna buy a hat? You need to get a hat! You get them OVER HERE!!!!!!"

Yep.

A few dollars at best. Maybe slightly more.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Harminoff posted:

That wasn't just another kid, that was actually Lemming working the hard sale tactics.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Private Speech posted:

True, but not in VR.

You can set up reticle leading via emulation which helps a bit.

What?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The default controller support doesn't work the same way as mouse. It's a bit for me difficult to explain but you can google it fairly easily.

That's on top of the extra precision etc.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I think it's pretty much universally fine now. Some people had performance issues initially but by no means all, and at this point you should expect to be able to play without any problems.

There was an issue with GPU scheduling that made a fair amount of people recommend turning that functionality of windows 11 off, but I think they put in some sort of fix to not even require that. If you run into that, it's just a thing under the settings for video and the issue, iirc, was that basically the background task of the streamer was being throttled to make the foreground apps run better.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Private Speech posted:

The default controller support doesn't work the same way as mouse. It's a bit for me difficult to explain but you can google it fairly easily.

That's on top of the extra precision etc.

I've been trying to Google it, not coming up with anything. What is the key term?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Dietrich posted:

I've been trying to Google it, not coming up with anything. What is the key term?

It's this thing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/comments/o1d294/guide_using_a_joystick_hotas_setup_for_playing/

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Ok, throwing poo poo looks awesome in PSVR2. Eye tracking to aim, physical throw to "fire".

Decoupling aiming from the actual physical throw is such a smart move. I liked the idea in Hitman VR, where you aim with one hand and throw with the other (again, decoupling the aiming from the physical throwing act) allowing not only better and more accurate results, but also letting you totally freestyle the throw and get fancy.

Maybe this is the kind of thing you can see happen when devs know that a) specific hardware capabilities will exist, and b) can be relied on to work a certain way.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
The easiest way PSVR2 on PC support would work would be through leaks of official drivers (assuming Sony will allow devs to use them on PC's for development outside of a PS5 devkit)
Second easiest would be to somehow hack into a PS5 devkit and grab the drivers to be decompiled/reverse engineered
Third would be some hardware genius who magically figures it out (assuming there's no encryption/validation at the hardware level)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I've been gifted a powerbeats VR key for quest2, I can give it out to someone who promises me they want to punch like hell and burn shitloads of calories in VR but you gotta import your own mp3's im telling ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I've been gifted a powerbeats VR key for quest2, I can give it out to someone who promises me they want to punch like hell and burn shitloads of calories in VR but you gotta import your own mp3's im telling ya

I could use less of me, as long as it works in EU region.