Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Fair enough, I didn't love the concept because I rarely want to buy two full price games around the same time but I'm definitely getting vouchers this time around

vouchers are good for a year once purchased and iirc eshop will prompt you to use one of you have one so it's harder to forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
metroid prime remaster kicks rear end

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Lord Harbor posted:

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1580560588979458048

Just a heads-up if you're like me and still prefer physical cartridges for big, expensive games, you will be able to upgrade the Theatrythm base game (physical or digital) to the deluxe version for those extra 27 songs.

Man, as good as the theatrhythm games are, they have the worst art style.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

the rat fandom posted:

they're funny and cute actually

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't care for the eyes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You get used to it. I was a bit put off too when I first saw it but I like it a good deal more these days.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fuckin' a, i can't wait to play through this again when the physical edition comes out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
man, game cube was a fuckin banger.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Alan_Shore posted:

I won't be buying THEATRHYTHM for alas I've never played a FF game and don't know the music

vvv

Mega64 posted:

Play the demo anyway, music loving slaps even if you've never played any of them.

That's a franchise with some strong loving tunes.

its this

Im at the opposite end and know most of the music by heart but never did a rhythm game before and Im still jamming out and slowly gaining my footing. you can do it.

Im excited to play as Benjamin from Mystic Quest. hes just a simple SNES RPG cypher but what good music FFMQ had. is he any good? I dont know how the collectable characters work yet beyond class, stat points, ability, gear, level. Im still starting out on 5 with Bartz and crew.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

You’re probably thinking of We Love Katamari, which also advertised that the FIRST Katamari remaster would be available for one of the NSO weekend rental things.

Ah, balls.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Final Fantasy games weren't on the Saturn so I played other RPGs! Maybe I'll pick it up on sale as I do like a good rhythm game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you have a 3DS for whatever reason and can get Curtain Call for dirt cheap, absolutely do so.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

so many good games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol why did they feel the need to add an easy mode to return to dreamland. it's a kirby game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Augus posted:

lol why did they feel the need to add an easy mode to return to dreamland. it's a kirby game.

They were bullied into it by the radical left, OP.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

metroid loving prime

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Return to Dreamland remaster looks kinda ugly

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

big if true

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

I think it looks great but I shan’t be paying $60 for a light touch up of a Wii game with 0 online multiplayer.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

hatty posted:

That's a mirror, turn ur monitor on, etc etc

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Samba de Amigo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

I think it looks great but I shan’t be paying $60 for a light touch up of a Wii game with 0 online multiplayer.

it has some new stuff so i'm all in

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smoking Crow posted:

Samba de Amigo

*nods* it looks epic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i will pay anything for kirby, i will sell my pancreas for kirby

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Augus posted:

Spring-Breeze Mode made the difference for my 4yo son and he was able to beat Forgotten Land with it enabled. I'm glad it exists for him at least!

Speaking of which, he's been playing the Return to Dreamland demo almost constantly since yesterday lol. He's at the age (that I also remember being at) where a game demo is just as meaningful and fun as the full version, which is good for me because I hope to grab it on sale or used or something. $60 is too much

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Kirby remake looks fantastic & is the first Switch Kirby game to run at 60 FPS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the rat fandom posted:

it is win

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*nods* it looks epic

It's crazy to me that Sega is bringing it back like it's been 15 years

I'm a bit worried about it having licensed music since that will make it unplayable on twitch bc that's how you do advertising now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i think the comic book filter on the character models in deluxe looks a bit weird and makes them not fit the background but i'll live

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Twitter dudes digging through the GB emulator found the Super Game Boy rom and toggle options in there. Not to say Nintendo will ever actually do anything with it (there used to be 64DD code in the N64 app until someone called it out and then they hid it), but they could do the Super Game Boy stuff if they wanted. The GB apps do have way more options than the other NSO apps.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I know people were already gushing about Prime Remaster, but Jesus Christ this is the best looking Switch game I've ever played and it's not even close. It's actually blowing me away, in a way that reminds me of what I felt playing it on the Gamecube back in the day.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know if the trailer is accurate, and Pikmin 4 won't have a clock?

I never got into the games because I wasn't comfortable with the idea of time pressure in it. Same issue with Dead Rising.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone know if the trailer is accurate, and Pikmin 4 won't have a clock?

I never got into the games because I wasn't comfortable with the idea of time pressure in it. Same issue with Dead Rising.

We never saw any UI, so I don’t think we know for sure, but we did see something that looks like Pikmin 2’s caves, which were dungeons that didn’t have any time limit. Could be a hybrid thing like 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'd be surprised if they dropped one of the series' core mechanics

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Looper posted:

metroid prime remaster kicks rear end

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

it's just nicely bookending the very first kirby game, which had a secret hard mode

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I know people were already gushing about Prime Remaster, but Jesus Christ this is the best looking Switch game I've ever played and it's not even close. It's actually blowing me away, in a way that reminds me of what I felt playing it on the Gamecube back in the day.

It was one of the contenders for best looking GameCube game back then, too

Source me, I played it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it absolutely did look great on release. Set a bar most of the cubes games didn’t really live up to

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It was one of the contenders for best looking GameCube game back then, too

Source me, I played it

Man, the memories of getting out of the ship, and just looking up at the rain and seeing it hit the visor, looking around at this incredible alien world to explore, seeing the light from the charge shot illuminate Samus' face, it was such an incredible game.

And I guess still is!

Even the menu music is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is the 4th console you can play Metroid Prime on, so this is Metroid Prime: 4, right?

The Wii U counts!!! It counts!!!