Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kim, and his lack of Visual Calculus skills is probably why he is unable to solve the case himself. In that way it's probably the closest thing that Harry has to a defining non political trait. It is also why it's plausible that Harry solved the case before he destroyed himself; if in his initial state he was able to realize the trajectory of the bullet was from the island, as the title screen perhaps suggests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Benagain posted:

and you just toss some of that out to Kim with no explanation and he goes "what?"

big reason why Harry keeps getting second and third and fourth chances -- he's just that good when it comes down to it.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
An overdeveloped Visual Calculus skill should make Harry obsessed with assessing asses. Golden ratio diagrams swirling across his vision yes I know the golden ratio is just some made up bullshit

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I'm reading the comic Fell by Warren Ellis to prepare to dive back in, and while it shows its age, I can't help but feel like it's some HDB fever dream. Like what he'd sorta be like without Dora to fixate on.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Sort of like DE and Silent Hill 3

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Do we believe in magic because we are poor?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, it's not impossible that Harry is an Innocense of some sort. And innocenses are pretty much magic

E: and I refuse to beleive that my apocalypse cop herald of doom is not magic

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 9, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
She's a fning herald what more can you ask?!

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 9, 2023

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

General Battuta posted:

An overdeveloped Visual Calculus skill should make Harry obsessed with assessing asses. Golden ratio diagrams swirling across his vision yes I know the golden ratio is just some made up bullshit

If you have an epic amount of visual calculus the skill just goes "yo take care of this stupid crap and then I got a treat for ya" when you discover the working class husband and then when you come back it reconstructs the entire area from before it was all ruined. It's really cool.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Janissary Hop posted:

If you have an epic amount of visual calculus the skill just goes "yo take care of this stupid crap and then I got a treat for ya" when you discover the working class husband and then when you come back it reconstructs the entire area from before it was all ruined. It's really cool.

I did a cheat run where I maxed everything and didn’t see this. This game man

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the atelier restocked but given that its debut (and announcement of the amazon deal) aligned with the timeframe of kurvitz, rostov, and hindpere’s ouster from za/um, my suspicion that opening an atelier was the money men’s idea in the first place means I will not be copping

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
If it overlaps at all: Gary and his Demons s2 is out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I punched Cuno and I don’t feel good about it.

Trying a run where I go hard on Conceptualization and Drama, been funny so far. I have never put anything into drama so we’ll see how it goes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I watched the LaurenTheFlute stream and one thing she pegged immediately was that when Volition is billed as being for "Sane people, well-adjusted cops and the non-suicidal," that's a content warning; these are deviations from your default state, which is none of those things.

It seems obvious in retrospect, but I never caught that.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I watched the LaurenTheFlute stream and one thing she pegged immediately was that when Volition is billed as being for "Sane people, well-adjusted cops and the non-suicidal," that's a content warning; these are deviations from your default state, which is none of those things.

thats a neat little observation, detective. :hai:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
If anyone knows, what kind of urban environment was Harry in before this game's case?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Precinct 41 operates in the same district as Martinaise, I think they allude to the rest of the district being more densely populated and possibly dangerous. But it also got rebuilt where Martinaise didn’t so it wouldn’t look like as much of a shithole.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
It's in Jamrock. Which isn't Martinaise, but it's adjacent to it.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Aoi posted:

It's in Jamrock. Which isn't Martinaise, but it's adjacent to it.

Jamrock is a district of Revachol West comprised of the following quarters: Martinaise, Pox, Villalobos, Central Jamrock, Grand Couron, Old South and the Valley of the Dogs.

https://discoelysium.fandom.com/wiki/Jamrock

Edit: I have no idea how reliable this is but it sounded right

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Evrart provides deep lore on Harry saying he is a Jamrock boy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Martanaise isn't really part of Jamrock so much as one that is contested between it and Kim's. Neither side wants to deal with it which is how we get the whole Kim/Harry compromise in the first place.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Harry is from central jamrock and Kim is from grand couron if I’m not mistaken

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

Martanaise isn't really part of Jamrock so much as one that is contested between it and Kim's. Neither side wants to deal with it which is how we get the whole Kim/Harry compromise in the first place.

That’s their precincts though they don’t neatly align to the quarters

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Martinaise can’t be jamrock because garte is very insistent that he’s from jamrock and therefore we can’t expect him to bartend in martinaise

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

i am a moron posted:

Jamrock is a district of Revachol West comprised of the following quarters: Martinaise, Pox, Villalobos, Central Jamrock, Grand Couron, Old South and the Valley of the Dogs.

I heard this in the voice of Encyclopedia.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yeah, yet another thing that D.E. does well is content warnings that aren't stupidly explicit (looking at you, Dead Space Remake), like the time one of your skills chimes in saying that if you ask Scab leader to continue his war story, you may not like it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not sure if i'd consider that "well" or not - it's certainly less immersion breaking and a good heads up for the average player, but I can also see it being much easier to write off or dismiss as flavor/etc.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Harry has trouble being responsible. It's why he has no problem replacing Kim as his partner. Harry might be a superstar cop.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oxyclean posted:

I'm not sure if i'd consider that "well" or not - it's certainly less immersion breaking and a good heads up for the average player, but I can also see it being much easier to write off or dismiss as flavor/etc.

Fair enough. I guess I was thinking less immersion-breaking as being better, but your point is valid.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I want to be a fast thinking yet dim psychic. My stats are 1, 5, 2, 4 with Inland Empire tagged. Ill then stack Volition, Reaction Speed, and Ill pick up some Perception, Espirit De Corps and Shivers. Sounds like Harry is in for a real bumpy ride, but he can do it.

My question is this: Will my 1 Intellect ruin the Political Vision Quests, especially if I go full sobriety?

(I can already hear half my Physique skills calling me bad names.)

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
It won't be a problem.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I don't suppose there is a list of day-1-findable healing items by any chance? I finally did it; lost track of my health vs healing and now The Chair is killing my rear end dead.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

there's healing items in rene's guard booth

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

:hai:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can buy healing items pretty cheap at Frittte pretty much anytime. Like 90 cents a pop or so.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pierson posted:

I don't suppose there is a list of day-1-findable healing items by any chance? I finally did it; lost track of my health vs healing and now The Chair is killing my rear end dead.

the most unexpected boss battle in gaming history

I’m glad I figured out the hobocop/yellow bag combo pretty quickly so I could stock up on healing items so I wasn’t worried about saying the stupidest stuff that would potentially lead to lost morale

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My game keeps crashing at the end of the initial convo with Smoker On The Balcony after he points out the rock in the yard. Playing on switch. Is this a known issue?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It is, assuming you mean it fails to exit the conversation window and freezes there.

I dunno if there's an actual fix, but I went back and did the conversation and made it through on my third try. I switched up my conversation choices and did not touch the controls at all after the final prompt; no idea if it's random or either of those contributed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I exhausted al the conversation options and then went back and repeated all of them a second time. Worked ok? Who knows man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is, assuming you mean it fails to exit the conversation window and freezes there.

I dunno if there's an actual fix, but I went back and did the conversation and made it through on my third try. I switched up my conversation choices and did not touch the controls at all after the final prompt; no idea if it's random or either of those contributed.

Yeah, I think if you don't touch the controls until after the smoker walks back to his apartment the freeze won't happen, that's what worked for me at least.