Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

confused posted:

I think it's cool that Dave Bautista has said that he really wants to see how far he can push his dramatic acting chops. I think a hurtle he has in doing that is that he looks like Dave Bautista. There was that line in the first trailer about him being a just a normal guy. My thought was, "Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You don't look like a normal guy." His image worked to his benefit in Glass Onion, but I think if he really wants to do more dramitic stuff he'll probably have to dial back his body a bit.

fwiw i just read the book* and the guy hes playing is described as huge in so many ways (albeit only mid-twenties), so its actually decent casting. keeping in mind his part in br2049 i think he is capable of pulling off this role. whether the movie will be good idk**

* its dark as hell and did not go where i expected (appropriate for a shyamalan joint i guess lol)

** there are a lot of scenes in the trailer that werent in the book

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

it just looks so sparse and low budget

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The only silver lining I can see here is that maybe Mel will die of old age before this comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jok7jfOUUxI

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

The only silver lining I can see here is that maybe Mel will die of old age before this comes out.

Good grief, this looks like such arse.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who wrote that dreck. Jesus.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will be brave enough to admit the dog joke made me smile

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Animal-Mother posted:

So yeah, it's Drunk History without the drunk narrators. Same production design, pretty much the same casts, but somehow worse jokes?

This is bad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

thrawn527 posted:

So yeah, it's Drunk History without the drunk narrators. Same production design, pretty much the same casts, but somehow worse jokes?

This is bad.
Yeah, Drunk History at least had the framing that never failed to make me laugh, which was the simple fact that the actors had to lip-sync every stupid word out of the narrator's drunk mouth.
As a viewer, you were a bit more forgiving of dumb jokes, too. Even the actors would stop and stare at the screen when something was too ridiculous or strange noises were happening.

This seriously feels like that one episode of Futurama where Zoidberg's uncle decided to get back into the film industry and made a horrible out-of-touch slapstick movie.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ObPQyc6Qsk

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Two confusing things about this movie.

1) Owen Wilson is not playing Bob Ross.
2) It's not directed by Wes Anderson.

After watching the trailer, I'm kind of shocked by both.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No thanks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shades of Jenna from 30 Rock starring in the unsanctioned biopic of Janis Joplin

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5uKGfRzvk4

movies are... back?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 9, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i'll just rewatch babe pig in the city, thank you very much

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Snooze Cruise posted:

i'll just rewatch babe pig in the city, thank you very much

babe pig in the city is goated

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

This looks upsettingly bad.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kiimo posted:

Shades of Jenna from 30 Rock starring in the unsanctioned biopic of Janis Joplin
Spot on lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks good! Owen Wilson elevates just about anything IMO.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGK5qtXuc1Q

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It’s been a bit but I didn’t remember Luther being a very action oriented series? This feels weirdly Jason Bourne, but I’ll still probably watch it because Idris Elba is dreamy

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy4Yu6B3nU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I never got the appeal of these 'corporation origin' films.
Such overly embellished rose tinted crap.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

happyhippy posted:

My brother is a sneaker head and after I showed him that trailer he mentioned to me that the story of how Nike landed Jordan is pretty interesting, so :shrug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I read Phil Knight's biography, which is basically Nike's biography, for a workplace book club and you'd think a major story in it would be Air Jordan but nope! Ends before that era, lol.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The HBO show about the Lakers has a bit where Magic Johnson turned down a sweetheart deal with Nike that caused him to miss out on like a billion dollars.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The prequel to Plane. :buddy:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Kept waiting for them to introduce Timothee Chalamet as Jordan, was left disappointed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

happyhippy posted:

Especially because Phil Knight is such a piece of human trash.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Mordja posted:

Kept waiting for them to introduce Timothee Chalamet as Jordan, was left disappointed.

Based on the trailer and the fact that no one is listed as playing him currently on the IMDB page it seems like Jordan won't even be a speaking role in the movie which is interesting

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I was very confused how this was a continuation of the prior TV series he was in, then realized that I was thinking of Lupin, not Luther

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Harry Lime posted:

Based on the trailer and the fact that no one is listed as playing him currently on the IMDB page it seems like Jordan won't even be a speaking role in the movie which is interesting

Maybe they're gonna do a deepfake Jordan.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Timby posted:

Especially because Phil Knight is such a piece of human trash.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I worked at a med tech startup several years ago as their marketing manager, and as part of orientation the VP of sales had everyone in marketing and sales read Shoe Dog, Phil Knight's autobiography.

It's such a self-serving, mealy-mouthed tome that is absolutely awful to read, and it completely sidesteps how terrible and petty Knight was as a manager of people (and how petty he is with his so-called "philanthropy"), and how he's largely responsible for the rise of sweatshops in Asia with workers making pennies an hour, just so American apparel companies can exploit them.

He's garbage, and gently caress Phil Knight.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kloaked00 posted:

I was very confused how this was a continuation of the prior TV series he was in, then realized that I was thinking of Lupin, not Luther

Idris Elba wasn't in Lupin

The Luther series was very good though, as I recall. Plot got a bit wild, but the acting was great.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I couldn't get into season 2, but season 1 was fantastic. Ruth Wilson should be a much bigger star.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Donald Glover's new thing for Amazon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKxYKhSjZc

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Our Fast X trailer debuted this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RAq6JzY-w

This thing is super long, a 2:30 for in-theater exists too. There's also a Super Bowl :60 coming right after the coin flip.

This thing was a nightmare to wrangle but we managed to not let it leak which is a minor miracle.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

Our Fast X trailer debuted this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RAq6JzY-w

This thing is super long, a 2:30 for in-theater exists too. There's also a Super Bowl :60 coming right after the coin flip.

This thing was a nightmare to wrangle but we managed to not let it leak which is a minor miracle.

The thumbnail doesn't inspire much confidence. How did we go from Cool Dudez and Mega Babes posing in front of cars to Vin Diesel in a confessional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m so loving ready for more F A M I L Y