Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Not a lawyer but it seems like defamation has to be an incredibly open and shut case to even have the slightest chance. And, well, whether he knew it or not Favre did basically do the things McAfee and Sharpe said he did.

I mean, in reality he knew, he's guilty as hell. Just saying this as a thought exercise about how he's gonna fare here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Dave posted:

All the Philadelphia schools already have a two hour delay on Monday.

Los Angeles has nada. They're used to coming in to work hung over from Lakers games

speaking of work, I'm getting loving triggered at work.

https://imgur.com/ezZ6Krs

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 10, 2023

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Chiefs fans don't believe in helping others, there's the smoking gun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're LA studio people they don't know poo poo about football they all thought the Eagles logo was from Silver Linings Playbook

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Grittybeard posted:

Not a lawyer but it seems like defamation has to be an incredibly open and shut case to even have the slightest chance. And, well, whether he knew it or not Favre did basically do the things McAfee and Sharpe said he did.

I mean, in reality he knew, he's guilty as hell. Just saying this as a thought exercise about how he's gonna fare here.

I’m also not a lawyer, but Mississippi has no anti-SLAPP statutes which means Favre can basically file lovely lawsuits to gently caress with reporting he doesn’t like and even if he doesn’t win it’s gonna suck for the people he targets

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hamhandler posted:

I’m also not a lawyer, but Mississippi has no anti-SLAPP statutes which means Favre can basically file lovely lawsuits to gently caress with reporting he doesn’t like and even if he doesn’t win it’s gonna suck for the people he targets

Yeah, tangential but law podcast All Lawyers Are Bastards had a pretty spectacular episode that relates to this, long story short they made some jokes a few years ago about a kooky (allegedly) lawyer who took offense to their remarks, and decided to sue them, not because he thought that it’d be to his financial or professional benefit, but because he was mad, he wanted to make it as stressful and costly as possible to them for revenge, and lawsuits were the tool he was most proficient in. He shopped around a bit, and I can’t recall if the venue he chose to file in was Mississippi or Missouri off the top of my head, but the rationale was that state had basically nothing to stop him from doing so, and he felt he could make his personal slight sympathetic to the local judges. To be clear, he says all this very openly, after the suit resolved he then came onto the ALAB podcast to be interviewed about the whole process, which made it all the weirder and funnier.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I say as a person who in this particular instance is cheering for a team that probably did need that extra week to get kinda healthy.

I'm honestly not sure what's going to be a bigger factor, Hurts' shoulder or Mahomes' leg

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kiimo posted:

At times I get sad all over again that we can't like posts

It's why God gave us :vince: instead.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm honestly not sure what's going to be a bigger factor, Hurts' shoulder or Mahomes' leg

What are the latest updates on these limbs??

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, tangential but law podcast All Lawyers Are Bastards had a pretty spectacular episode that relates to this, long story short they made some jokes a few years ago about a kooky (allegedly) lawyer who took offense to their remarks, and decided to sue them, not because he thought that it’d be to his financial or professional benefit, but because he was mad, he wanted to make it as stressful and costly as possible to them for revenge, and lawsuits were the tool he was most proficient in. He shopped around a bit, and I can’t recall if the venue he chose to file in was Mississippi or Missouri off the top of my head, but the rationale was that state had basically nothing to stop him from doing so, and he felt he could make his personal slight sympathetic to the local judges. To be clear, he says all this very openly, after the suit resolved he then came onto the ALAB podcast to be interviewed about the whole process, which made it all the weirder and funnier.

That’s where I learned it from listen to ALAB everyone if you want a twice yearly semi professional law-skeptical legal podcast everyone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are the latest updates on these limbs??

As far as I can tell both they and the teams say they're fine while they're not. No bad things have happened to either at least since the last time we saw them to my knowledge.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hamhandler posted:

That’s where I learned it from listen to ALAB everyone if you want a twice yearly semi professional law-skeptical legal podcast everyone

Lol figures, great minds think alike

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kelly Clarkson roasting NFL teams is funny.

E: downgrading to kinda funny

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 10, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1623866710540402688

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

imo

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1623874896936767495?s=46&t=IYXJsWrYoPuewO2iOG8iYA

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The amount of sour grapes interviews 49ers players have been giving are off the charts.

"Would have won by double digits if Purdy didn't get hurt."

"Not fair we couldn't dress a third QB."

I dunno if I've seen anything like this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Harlock posted:

The amount of sour grapes interviews 49ers players have been giving are off the charts.

"Would have won by double digits if Purdy didn't get hurt."

"Not fair we couldn't dress a third QB."

I dunno if I've seen anything like this.

they've been poisoned by Shanahan's terminal loser aura

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
When does Damar get to sing a Kelley Clarkson parody

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

they've been poisoned by Shanahan's terminal loser aura

He looks too much like that dude from succession he's starting to become him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1623807799561011200?s=20

Willis McGahee
Eric Smith
Jason Alford
Daniel Loper
Michael McKenzie
Jamize Olaware
Alex Parsons
Charles Sims
Joey Thomas
Lance Zeno

quote:

Willis McGahee, a first-round pick in 2003 who spent 11 seasons in the NFL, said he has had more than a dozen surgeries for football injuries and often needs help getting out of bed. He is 41.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ronde!

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1623889085395005440?t=kl1kfaVUR_7ZvnsI_-8LDw&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1623889617383464961?t=pjHNnb1a7KJforGr9W1xnw&s=19

They finally loving did it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Jets…own? At least for a night. Sauce winning DROY the same night that Revis makes it first ballot if beautiful.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I know, I'm super excited about Ronde too!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ronde baby hell yeah

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I am glad that DeMarcus Ware made the Hall of Fame. He was a great player and is a worthy inductee imho.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know the numbas won't be put up ever again but ken riley is the last guy to get in from the top 5 all-time in interceptions

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
All the Bucs DBs making it this year:

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1623890887905316864?t=xpY8ZKVPR0c1Oo8Wt9wvHg&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Only a few decades late but yay Coryell

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I am glad that DeMarcus Ware made the Hall of Fame. He was a great player and is a worthy inductee imho.

What a talented Bronco!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets…own? At least for a night. Sauce winning DROY the same night that Revis makes it first ballot if beautiful.

2 jets are going in the hall

one competent qb and they’re so playing in the hof game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: We officially did it

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1623891309827334144

Geno Smith now has more MVP votes than Russell Wilson :siren:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Vertical Lime posted:

2 jets are going in the hall

one competent qb and they’re so playing in the hof game

Looks like it's happening no matter what

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1623909309339029505?s=20&t=EeIGqM1NfA712w7ncKaYHg

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
An assistant athletic trainer has more MVP votes than Russell Wilson :mmmhmm:

He did save a man's life

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kidcoelacanth posted:

ronde baby hell yeah

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

:siren: We officially did it

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1623891309827334144

Geno Smith now has more MVP votes than Russell Wilson :siren:

Just got back from shouting the news on the streets. :feelsgood:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Big decision for Sunday that needs to be made by Friday:

-Buy chicken wings and smoke them on Sunday to eat during the game

OR

-Order wings to be delivered several times over the course of the day

I'm smoking the bacon I cured over the week as well as some eggplant "bacon" on Saturday, but those are for some other friends.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I too came to lol that Geno has more MVP votes than Wilson, even though my dead grandmother would be ashamed of me for doing so. Good on Geno for getting comeback player of the year though.

Also make the wings dude. If I'm making an apple tarte on Sunday for the Super Bowl then I require someone else here make something that will stress them out. My friend is making Boston cream cupcakes so I'm going fruity and may change it up to a strawberry tarte instead.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Imy dead grandmother would be ashamed of me

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

I mean when she was alive she was always vaguely ashamed that I was a Raiders fan and to be fair she was right.