Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

The Sean posted:

Cool. I got Infinite.

It was still fun this time around. I'm glad to "get it out of the way" to play other decks for the rest of the month, though.

Congrats. I tried your list out and didn't get Electro by t3 in 7 straight matches.

E: I he was my 2nd card on match 8. Complaining here works.

canyonero fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Bottom Liner posted:

How? If you don't have armor down your first can get Shang'd. Zola can move them out. Task can duplicate the power in a second lane. Two ways to get to the same place (and can be shut down in the same ways). If you have both in hand, which you play should almost certainly come down to priority. Zola is also twice as good with Panther for obvious reasons.

Well yeah, Armor is exactly why TM is better, because you can play Red Skull on the Armor location.

TM also doesn't copy Red Skull's drawback, and is 1 power cheaper so you can play your 3-power Zero as well.

And yeah, Zola on BP is obviously much better, but I don't have him in my deck. :-)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve been trying out this deck from Hoogland, seems just generally a good deck.

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Electro
# (3) Storm
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWJpbGVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I also haven’t played a lot of Electro up to now, not sure if I like it yet.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 10, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

buffalo all day posted:

separately, i just won 3 straight 4 cube games with a disgusting sera control deck that runs a hazmat/cage/typhoid mary package. absolutely deranged.

Nova
Cage
Hazzmat
Zabu
Scarlet Witch
Mysterio
Bishop
Killmonger
Shang
Enchantress
Typhoid Mary
Sera

This deck is dumb as hell but it surprises so many loving people. Especially with Mary capper at the end. If you can get Zabu and Sera out, it's absolutely stupid and pops off so hard on turn 6. It took me a few matches to remember that especially if I didn't have Cage out, I need to play Hazmat as my first card on 6 but man, it can really swing a game.

Also Enchantress is an absolutely worthwhile tech card to be running right now. Everyone's got them discard decks going and she shuts down Morbin Time better than anything else out there. Turn 6 devastator.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

RevKrule posted:

This deck is dumb as hell but it surprises so many loving people. Especially with Mary capper at the end. If you can get Zabu and Sera out, it's absolutely stupid and pops off so hard on turn 6. It took me a few matches to remember that especially if I didn't have Cage out, I need to play Hazmat as my first card on 6 but man, it can really swing a game.

Also Enchantress is an absolutely worthwhile tech card to be running right now. Everyone's got them discard decks going and she shuts down Morbin Time better than anything else out there. Turn 6 devastator.

Or, if you’re also running discard, why not a friendly Rogue?

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
I think Modok is my favorite card in the game.

After testing at least 7 versions of the Modok deck I think I’ve settled on this one at the best performing/most consistent.

You can get the stupid loop going of discards and don’t have to count/play around having Hela in your hand. Sera opens up a few turn 6 swings that might otherwise be impossible and is a good luck pull from lockjaw.

# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) Sera
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbGxlZW5XaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMb2NramF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd29yZE1hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsbGNvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9kb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

RevKrule posted:

This is the reason I run Cosmo in my MODOK/Collector/Morbius deck. If I get Morbius down on 2 I can Cosmo there on 3 and protect him.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

wet_goods posted:

After testing at least 7 versions of the Modok deck I think I’ve settled on this one at the best performing/most consistent.

You can get the stupid loop going of discards and don’t have to count/play around having Hela in your hand. Sera opens up a few turn 6 swings that might otherwise be impossible and is a good luck pull from lockjaw.

# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) Sera
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbGxlZW5XaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMb2NramF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd29yZE1hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsbGNvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9kb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifV19
#

And if you want to try a version with collector.

# (1) The Hood
# (2) Morbius
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Beast
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Nakia
# (4) Dracula
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9yYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlQ29sbGVjdG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3YXJtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xsZWVuV2luZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmFraWEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vZG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcG9jYWx5cHNlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In1dfQ==
#

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

wet_goods posted:

# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) Sera
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
#

I saw this one on the snap discord and have been trying it but I keep feeling like I’m missing something. I get the basic line of morbius->sif->drac->sera->MODOK but reallly struggle when it’s not that clean

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

wet_goods posted:

# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) Sera
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
#
Yeah this is kind of where I was expecting him to end up pre-release. Tho sera is interesting.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

When clearing their whole board once just isn't enough

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

novamute posted:

When clearing their whole board once just isn't enough

Dust off and nuke it from orbit

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Quackles posted:

OK, this is interesting, because here's my incomplete MODOK list:

[1] Iceman - Turn 1 play, good disruption card.
[1] Sunspot - You float a good amount of mana with this deck.
[2] Morbius - Discard synergy - core.
[2] Wolverine - Free 4 power when MODOK goes off. Can also be discarded by Colleen in a pinch so she's out of your hand safely.
[2] Swarm - Discard synergy - core.
[3] Moon Knight - It's a discard and it annoys your opponent, similar to your Gambit. Just don't discard your MODOK!
[3] Lady Sif - Discard synergy. Powers up your Apocalypse.
[4] Dracula - Discard synergy. Combines with Apocalypse and America Chavez to get two big bodies at end of game.
[5] MODOK - He does what you think he does. Core.
[6] Apocalypse - Once Modok does his job, he'll be the only one left (plus Swarms).
[6] America Chavez - Bringing the all-american cheese once the dust has settled. Play one of her and Apoc on turn 6, and Drac plays the other.

I ended up replacing Iceman, above, with Lockjaw, and I'm satisfied with the resulting list. You have several lines of play, and the doggo as a backup plan. It's particularly fun if you can drop him with two free Swarms.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, a fat man in white suit showed up in my token bin, unfortunately it's Shadow King so I'm a few thousand short.

This was a fun match, Magneto'ing yourself to a loss. Next time don't do it on the lane that buffs +1 at the end of the round.

Edit: Cashed in my 1520 missions chit and got Luke Cage, woot.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 10, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just cracked Mysterio. Now I can break Bishop. :getin:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I’ve been a goon for sometime and I’m waiting for the inevitable hate of this game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Modok and Swarms gave me my first fast forward of the game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’ve been a goon for sometime and I’m waiting for the inevitable hate of this game.

there's already definitely posters in this thread who i think would be better off hanging up the game b/c they seem to have stopped enjoying it a long time ago, which is impressive for a game that's barely been out a year

my take is that i still enjoy it and i like seeing numbers go up but my first week with the game was definitely being unsure if i actually liked the game or not

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

80% of this thread is complaining about acquisition, balance, bots, or hosed up game systems. But the core ruleset (simultaneous turns, four minute games, 3 lanes, locations) is too loving good to write it off entirely until a superior knockoff is made.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I get the balance complaints, but part of that is because once you clear CL600 or so, you are going to have a rough time until you get some key Series 3 cards. I'm not sure how you fix that though. They kind of assist by giving you the 3000 tokens which would allow you to buy 3 Series 3 cards of your choice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

FlamingLiberal posted:

I get the balance complaints, but part of that is because once you clear CL600 or so, you are going to have a rough time until you get some key Series 3 cards. I'm not sure how you fix that though. They kind of assist by giving you the 3000 tokens which would allow you to buy 3 Series 3 cards of your choice.

well not nerfing the rate at which you earn cards to half when you hit CL1000 would help a lot. Or hell, just give people 1000 tokens every 4th box instead of a random card and let them unlock cards completely from the token shop.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

No Wave posted:

But the core ruleset (simultaneous turns, four minute games, 3 lanes, locations) is too loving good to write it off entirely until a superior knockoff is made.

This.

I played Hearthstone daily. For years.

I've logged into it a few times since Snap(!) came out on PC. I just can't. For the reasons you highlighted AND--

- Progression unlocks if you want to hold back on spending money, creating a sort-of perpetual 90's neighborhood comic book store effect like when MTG started blowing up
- A fantastic battle mode that I literally had not tried until yesterday which compliments the sentiment in my previous bullet point

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bottom Liner posted:

well not nerfing the rate at which you earn cards to half when you hit CL1000 would help a lot. Or hell, just give people 1000 tokens every 4th box instead of a random card and let them unlock cards completely from the token shop.

they're not going to gently caress with the stuff that's friction on purpose to get people to spend money on the game. it's one of those things where the most player friendly option is something like "yeah it'd be cool if we had all the carsd for free and only unlocked cosmetics and didn't have to spend any money at all ever" but the company wants people spending money on the game so they're never going to do that

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I want a run of alternate card art that's just all your favorite super heroes in row boats heaving harpoons at big fat loving whales because that model detracts zero from the gameplay and must add some assurance of future releases, modes.. just dope poo poo in general.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

flatluigi posted:

they're not going to gently caress with the stuff that's friction on purpose to get people to spend money on the game. it's one of those things where the most player friendly option is something like "yeah it'd be cool if we had all the carsd for free and only unlocked cosmetics and didn't have to spend any money at all ever" but the company wants people spending money on the game so they're never going to do that

Yes, obviously the systems are designed for money and not fun. But if they want people to spend more money they should let them buy card packs directly. If reports are accurate, this game isn't making nearly as much money as you'd think, or as nearly as much as similar digital card games.

The person I replied to was saying the balance issues of a fresh p3 player are hard to deal with but they're entirely artificial and there are a number of design changes that could immediately fix that specific issue.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes, obviously the systems are designed for money and not fun. But if they want people to spend more money they should let them buy card packs directly.

Ben Brode: adoptive father figure of wayward CCG'ers, espousing delayed gratification and the virtues of patience?

Or a 2-bit dope slinger withholding a fix while his patrons shiver, quiver, and fold over in withdrawal pains?

Time will tell.

:thunk:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Anybody wanna fite? No gimmicks, bring whatever you want.

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 24800

edit: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 10, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

buffalo all day posted:

I saw this one on the snap discord and have been trying it but I keep feeling like I’m missing something. I get the basic line of morbius->sif->drac->sera->MODOK but reallly struggle when it’s not that clean

What's the point of Sera in that line of play? MODOK is a 5 too and it's not like you're cheating anything out on 6 if that's all you're playing. If you've got swarm in hand when MODOK hits you've got yourself 2 0 cost nazi buddies to drop too.

Saw someone put Nakia in their deck to boost Swarm and it seems like a really good idea but Nakia is such an awkward card to use.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

1st win for you was filthy- I DRANK YOUR (Iron Man) MILKSHAKE.. and still lost???

2nd win.. I see now why I max out at rank 60/70 every season. GG.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Who up paying the COST to be the Boss?

All the cards in your deck must be the same COST

Let's goooooo MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 24629

edit: timed out.. :bighow:

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 10, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Sure, why not? You too can beat me at MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 14931

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have 2700 tokens, is she hulk worth 1000?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yes. I pulled her just today and she's a good card in Deathwave and elsewhere. Also, people forget about her as a possibility, because having a dead turn can look very similar to setting up for She-Hulk.

If you're close to finishing pool 3, though, don't forget that you'll get every P3 card eventually.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

absolutely

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

Yes. I pulled her just today and she's a good card in Deathwave and elsewhere. Also, people forget about her as a possibility, because having a dead turn can look very similar to setting up for She-Hulk.

If you're close to finishing pool 3, though, don't forget that you'll get every P3 card eventually.

I’m at like CL 1200 feels like i will never finish

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

One thing to be aware of. As a F2P player you, uhh, won't.

Assuming they do series downgrades at a rate of 4 per month, that about matches the speed at which you gain S3 cards without spending some amount of money. So if you ever want off the treadmill, the game demands some amount of money.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

One thing to be aware of. As a F2P player you, uhh, won't.

Assuming they do series downgrades at a rate of 4 per month, that about matches the speed at which you gain S3 cards without spending some amount of money. So if you ever want off the treadmill, the game demands some amount of money.
You earn 3 S3 cards a week. 12 cards a month > 3 cards a month.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

One thing they could do is guarantee you get certain key cards in your first 10 Pool 3 cards. I got Sera, Magneto and Destroyer well before the Reserves as well as several other strong cards. There are people at my collection level - 1,500 - who don't have any strong cards.

I'm thinking something like Sera, Destroyer, Death. Even something like Wave in your first 10 cards could be extremely strong. I'm not sure how much that is possible though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I started playing one of those Spider-man Storm Control decks I hate and it makes me feel like a massive jerk. I get the appeal to some but cubes come slow, you're forcing 1-2 cube retreats rather than 4-8 cube swings. Climbing the ranks becomes tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Walla posted:

One thing they could do is guarantee you get certain key cards in your first 10 Pool 3 cards. I got Sera, Magneto and Destroyer well before the Reserves as well as several other strong cards. There are people at my collection level - 1,500 - who don't have any strong cards.

I'm thinking something like Sera, Destroyer, Death. Even something like Wave in your first 10 cards could be extremely strong. I'm not sure how much that is possible though.
Yeah that’s fair

I lucked out that Wong was one of my early Series 3 cards so I was able to win a lot with him plus the Pool 2 stuff I already had