Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rarity posted:

I've been finding it difficult to game for the last couple of weeks due to personal poo poo so I've decide to take a break from The Last Remnant and instead go for some FPS action with Resistance 2. The first chapter has a really cool moment where you spend most of it in an underwater facility but then near the end you reach the surface and bam your on the banks of the bay next to the Golden Gate Bridge and the sky is filled with a fuckton of giant invading alien ships and all of a sudden your in a warzone and it was really dang cool.

The game is a fairly average shooter so far except they've changed the colour scale from the previous game from brown to orange. Everything is so very orange.

Resistance 1 and 3 were my jam due to co-op, 2 not so much, but Insomniac is a talented dev even as far back as the og psx days with Disruptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it has a really good music video too. lots of clips of haze lazily edited into a bad korn song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IssLAON48s

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It is difficult to oversell how good the Metroid Prime Remaster is, both as a remaster and as a game. It looks like how you remember the Gamecube game looking. (I put Star Fox Adventures, which I had always held as a gold standard of GC visuals, on in 2017 and was horrified by how Gamecube games actually look.)

It's a game I think I just rented a few times (I only owned Corruption and Echoes) and even still a few of the early rooms, like the big hub room at the beginning of the Chozo Ruins, stick in my memory. Now that I'm older with Dread and Super under my belt I'll be able to finish it and I'm really excited to see the whole thing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'd reaaally like to buy Prime Remastered since I never finished it even on Wii, but I have a big backlog and also feels like a game better played docked with a controller, and my Switch's fan is still making bad noises wheb docked or playing something like Pokemon or Youtube (?? aparently it's very demanding?).

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I'm having a nice time on the Lite with classic controls, so.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat CoD games should be like $10 billion each by that metric.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Forspoken is a true catte game. I have a house full of them now, there are like 30 :catdrugs:

Goddamn it, BP. Now I have to play Forespoken.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

drat CoD games should be like $10 billion each by that metric.

that's what the military pays for them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm slowly falling in love with League of legends and it's probably all I'm gonna play tomorrow

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i love a good apocalyptic log entry

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm slowly falling in love with League of legends and it's probably all I'm gonna play tomorrow

RIP

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

It's OK it's the methadone to get me off the heroin of dota 2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrn2fPpmoY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

When the cure is worse than the disease

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

When the cure is worse than the disease

You will be right when I hit hour 6000 in LoL but at my current moba consumption rate that's at least a decade away lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

JollyBoyJohn posted:

More like from fentanyl to heroin

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

If you don't accept the free dog then the dog is placed in a furnace and destroyed.

This is the thing that'll get veeg to finally sign up to gampass

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Being scottish I suppose you have to be addicted something, i guess there are worse things than mobas... right???

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm close to 100%ing Hi-Fi Rush but I can tell some of these last few "kill boss with 0 damage taken" achievements are going to be a pain. I don't think you can savescum them, either.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Being scottish I suppose you have to be addicted something, i guess there are worse things than mobas... right???

Oh yeah much worse fridge, jrpgs for starters

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I finished P4G last night! Excellent game, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Tonight I'm gonna check out the Octopath Traveller 2 demo and then idk what tbh. Got a few days before Theatrhythm comes out.

Year of the JRPG cracking along! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You would say this? In the year of the jRPG?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t believe tory veeg always says “jRPG” with a lower case J because he has no respect for the Japanese

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No tory here!! :mad:

I could have sworn it had the lower case j when I have seen it elsewhere.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

I finished P4G last night!

drat fridge, you rinsed that one quick

VideoGames posted:

You would say this? In the year of the jRPG?

This year can be jrpg year but every year is moba year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

Can’t believe tory veeg always says “jRPG” with a lower case J because he has no respect for the Japanese

You'd think he'd be all about capital...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

drat fridge, you rinsed that one quick

80 hours. Helped that I had three days off sick the other week that I spent the entirety of playing it lol :newlol:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

It is difficult to oversell how good the Metroid Prime Remaster is, both as a remaster and as a game. It looks like how you remember the Gamecube game looking. (I put Star Fox Adventures, which I had always held as a gold standard of GC visuals, on in 2017 and was horrified by how Gamecube games actually look.)

no no that's just star fox adventures and its hosed up fur rendering. other games of that period still look great!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the concept of the fur rendering was impressive for the time but when you go back everyone looks like they're covered in yarn

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1623766185299873793?t=bN3e6HEbRRdC21RRfuZegw&s=19

I can't believe weapon durability is back

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CottonWolf posted:

Goddamn it, BP. Now I have to play Forespoken.

:3:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Looper posted:

no no that's just star fox adventures and its hosed up fur rendering. other games of that period still look great!

interesting. I used to think that fur rendering was so good

you know what other effect I used to love? the depth of field effect in we love katamari. bring on the rerelease

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

being especially broke has forced me to re-organize my Steam Library and learn to appreciate wanting to play some games I haven't touched much from previous sales -- feels pretty cozy actually. Currently replaying Dark Souls 3 to finally 100% it (I'm close, just need a new clean run and NG++ to sweep the last 10 achievements missing). Also playing Loop Hero and getting back into Wurm Online

please join us on Wurm Online, its fun :)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm sure this is some hilarious trolling, but

Based on hard-drive prices:

In 1987, 1MB of storage cost $14.97

In 2022 it was about $0.0000150

source: some chart I found online https://jcmit.net/diskprice.htm

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, the concept of the fur rendering was impressive for the time but when you go back everyone looks like they're covered in yarn

The current methods we have for handling fur is a little weird, little pixelated cards that look really strange up close, almost like your eyes crossed. Looks good enough for a distance but I assume putting high res hair cards all over a model is too expensive considering how many of them you need to create fur coverage.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Khanstant posted:

The current methods we have for handling fur is a little weird, little pixelated cards that look really strange up close, almost like your eyes crossed. Looks good enough for a distance but I assume putting high res hair cards all over a model is too expensive considering how many of them you need to create fur coverage.

Whatever happened to the Nvidia hair thing from Witcher 3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Had a very short crack at the System Shock demo, and didn't realise it would just plonk you straight at the start of the story.

I never played the original, but it's like stepping back to the 90s warts and all wrt game mechanics.
Very clunky, very Deus Ex'y, and I love it. Feels like it's going to be a slow atmospheric game

Didn't really get past the first few rooms, but I love the updated 'old' aesthetic they're going with.

Honestly stopped playing for no other reason than I want to play this game in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2b1zQkYsyM

'The fusion of man and machine' as a body horror trope creeps me the gently caress out, and I'm hype to have my skin crawl

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It's a minor nitpick, but replaying Metroid Prime after all these years I feel like the world's not really a "place" as much as hundreds of tiny places interconnected with corridors. Open world games have spoiled me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Had a very short crack at the System Shock demo, and didn't realise it would just plonk you straight at the start of the story.

I never played the original, but it's like stepping back to the 90s warts and all wrt game mechanics.
Very clunky, very Deus Ex'y, and I love it. Feels like it's going to be a slow atmospheric game

Didn't really get past the first few rooms, but I love the updated 'old' aesthetic they're going with.

Honestly stopped playing for no other reason than I want to play this game in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2b1zQkYsyM

'The fusion of man and machine' as a body horror trope creeps me the gently caress out, and I'm hype to have my skin crawl

I think it's a good game that I won't be playing cause I just don't like the combat at all, would rather play SS2 again. The graphics being a combination of the "retro" and modern styles is interesting and I'm not sure I like it, but it's also really cool that they're remaking the game in the first place so I do hope it's successful.