Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Oh I get it. We're going to get the Chief White Halfoat treatment. Whatever thread we settle in, moderates, liberals, and establishment types will come. They'll weave their bureaucratic spells and erect massive ponderous frameworks of incremental change above our fertile weed-posting. The sky will be darkened with "well, actually..."s. Those wanting to rage against the machine will have to file several applications, only to find out they are merely allowed to rage against a contraption or perhaps gizmo. Arfjason will erupt from the soil like a diglet, dripping with crude cringe.

They will both trail behind us and scout in our path, sure that wherever we post is a site of strong "lol.lmao"s, ripe for the taking. We will know no peace, no weed posts. Just yesterday I was drawing a dick on a workshop chalkboard, and I saw a lib crouching behind some plywood, hastily compiling a list of rules and guidelines. "THREE shaft veins? No, no no no, clearly out of compliance" they muttered.

gently caress this poo poo ima die of pneumonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Main Paineframe posted:

once you hit a certain level of obsession with the forums, you convince yourself that this poo poo is fun and enjoyable

There is no point being a moderator on this website until Jeffrey stops entertaining the whims of the small cohort of freaks and losers that a substantial percentage of the mods on this site are apparently literally terrified of, because giving someone a six-hour probation gets you cyberstalked by a bunch of hooting clowns who apparently have either telepathic mind control powers over the site owner or lots of blackmail material on Jeffrey. tired of watching the staff struggle for literal weeks to find one of the few actually nice people left on this website who're dumb enough to be a mod, then hurling them to the loving wolves until they leave the website forever because they're utterly miserable here. i can no longer be a party to this horrendous loving social experiment of finding people too nice and screwed up to stand up for themselves, telling them they're no longer allowed to be mad when people are utter jackasses to them, and then hurling them into a bunch of loving ridiculous abuse to see how long they stick around and obey the commands to just sit back and take it. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

tristeham posted:

There is no point being a moderator on this website until Jeffrey stops entertaining the whims of the small cohort of freaks and losers that a substantial percentage of the mods on this site are apparently literally terrified of, because giving someone a six-hour probation gets you cyberstalked by a bunch of hooting clowns who apparently have either telepathic mind control powers over the site owner or lots of blackmail material on Jeffrey. tired of watching the staff struggle for literal weeks to find one of the few actually nice people left on this website who're dumb enough to be a mod, then hurling them to the loving wolves until they leave the website forever because they're utterly miserable here. i can no longer be a party to this horrendous loving social experiment of finding people too nice and screwed up to stand up for themselves, telling them they're no longer allowed to be mad when people are utter jackasses to them, and then hurling them into a bunch of loving ridiculous abuse to see how long they stick around and obey the commands to just sit back and take it. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Been sayin' this

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Goons dropping esoterica (is this a bad word for it? Sorry if so lol) like Fritz's stuff and everything from Mormon Star Wars are my favorite.

I think everyone way overreacted to bish. That's just bog standard "libs tend to support fascism" drawn to it's obvious post revolutionary conclusion

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Harold Fjord posted:

I think everyone way overreacted to bish. That's just bog standard "libs tend to support fascism" drawn to it's obvious post revolutionary conclusion
Maybe that means "libs tend to support fascism" is a loving stupid thing to base your worldview on, op

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

tristeham posted:

:qqsay:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's almost as funny as the smarxist comic, you gotta at least have some level of self awareness on this one, bud

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

Maybe that means "libs tend to support fascism" is a loving stupid thing to base your worldview on, op

If we don't learn from history and all that jazz

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lib and let die posted:

It's almost as funny as the smarxist comic, you gotta at least have some level of self awareness on this one, bud

No he was completely correct

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Also lmao that anyone interprets that Bishayler post as a call for violence. Terrified that Bernie Sanders will literally murder them in Central Park or whatever lololol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Joe Biden and the Pinkerton Democrats.....THANK U!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1623854130375847936

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

But hey at least Christmas wasn't interrupted!!!

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Bernie, the Joe and Nazi Ukraine supporting lib? Thanks for showing your true clown costume colors

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Actually that objectively terrible college freshman edgelord post that clearly broke the rules was good" is a weird hill some folks like to die on frequently.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Somaen posted:

Bernie, the Joe and Nazi Ukraine supporting lib? Thanks for showing your true clown costume colors

This, but unironically

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

The engineers obviously had too much time off. Why would the union cause this with their demands.

(User was promoted to Mod for this post)

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 10, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The first person who recommends a good CRPG you can play on PC that I have not played before will get a free AV.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember the official Goon Leftist rules, libs deserve our condemnation for (we assume) hating AOC, Bernie, Omar etc for being too leftist, but also those pols are filthy right wing Dem libs who shouldn't be trusted.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

tristeham posted:

tl dr

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Lib and let die posted:

This, but unironically

Agreed pal

Real LEFTISTS (like me) put their nation first. Stop sending money to weird foreigners

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Somaen posted:

Agreed pal

Real LEFTISTS (like me) put their nation first. Stop sending money to weird foreigners

I fully support any money we spend on humanitarian aid. We shouldn't be spending a penny on lethal aid.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I personally can't wait for 9/11 2: Black Sun Boogaloo

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Pfft knew you were a shitlib

I'm a real leftist

Let
Every
Fascist
Take
Influence
Spheres w/
Tanks

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
its good when the USA provides money and weapons to countries

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its good when the USA provides money and weapons to countries

The brave fighters of the mujahedeen appreciate your support

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Yet when I support sending countries tanks they call me a "tankie"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The brave fighters of the mujahedeen appreciate your support

indeed, nothing bad came of that situation right?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

Yet when I support sending countries tanks they call me a "tankie"

I support sending zeppelins yet nobody will call me a blimpie

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

My dude this is painful to read

t... turn your monitor on

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

t... turn your monitor on

Sir this is an Abrams Tank

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

My dude this is painful to read

I disagree. While I disagree with DV about many things, the meta posting stuff is always interesting to me.

DV are you familiar with the other internet debate structures like argumans and kialo? I really think something like that is more applicable to what we try to do

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Sir this is an Abrams Tank

:gas:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Yes the Abrams tank uses a gas turbine engine

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Harold Fjord posted:

I disagree. While I disagree with DV about many things, the meta posting stuff is always interesting to me.

DV are you familiar with the other internet debate structures like argumans and kialo? I really think something like that is more applicable to what we try to do

I was joking.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
please for the love of god someone call for a paper bag test

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Putin on the ritz

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

I was joking.

Which is what makes it painful. You should watch some episodes of Impractical Jokers or something! Those guys are actually funny!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

Which is what makes it painful. You should watch some episodes of Impractical Jokers or something! Those guys are actually funny!

eh

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Air fried a pork cutlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

Only good prank show ever made