Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah xb3 ends nice and tidy but I really want light shed on what the dlc seems to be covering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
That DLC teaser confirmed a lot of the rumors.

It’s almost certainly a founder prologue with additional old areas smooshed into Aionios. Pretty smart since they can hit the memberberries relatively cheaply compared to having to design new XB3-style “incorporated” maps. Though putting in multiple huge maps like Bionis Knee feels really ambitious for a DLC and I’m kinda worried it’s the new Torna Gormott area. Would be really cool if we get a proto-Aionios where it’s clearly defined XB1/2 areas smashed into each other to show just how long the eternal now has been going on in the base game.

Rex and Shulk’s designs now match the Founder statues minus a missing eye/arm and Noah had Mia’s Ouroboros form flickering behind him at the end. So I guess that leaves two founders still unknown (with the seventh obviously being a rotating member) to fill out the party for the DLC. I think they’re both former flame clock soldiers so we probably haven’t met them yet.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
drat, i'm hyped.
not interested in new heroes though or the arena challenges. just the Extra story

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Mea Tulpa posted:

Apparently a minority opinion here but I really liked XB1's cast and interested to see where DLC4 goes. I'm intrigued by middle aged Rex, kinda lol that he looks like he stepped out of a nu-metal video.

Considering the game has a literal monument to the DLC posing questions purposefully left unanswered in the main game, and having DLC that continues the story would be weird in several ways since it seems to be very much the end of that story--maybe even the Xenoblade Chronicles.

It's actually kind of wild, everyone shown so far is at least in their 20s, which is such a stark contrast from the cast and NPCs of vanilla 3.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think its just going to be the 3. Guess more coulda shown up in the trailer and I missed it though

E: I guess 5 actually. Shouldn't forget the swords.

I dunno, it's two short clips of out-of-context cut scenes and a brief flyover of part of the DLC world, so I would hesitate to draw conclusions about returning characters just yet. If they're going to do the seven character party thing with the flex spot...

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I would like it a lot if DLC4 was mostly a prequel, but still does flash forward for an epilogue to tie up all possible loose ends

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

When Shulk and Rex meet up do they remember each other from XB2 challenge mode? Maybe Elma gets to drop in too...

MechaX posted:

I would like it a lot if DLC4 was mostly a prequel, but still does flash forward for an epilogue to tie up all possible loose ends

Possible bc these devs generally aim to please. Look at how 1 and 2 resolved things with the female leads. Not to mention the ridiculous photo in 3.

Idk what to make of the flyover clip of Bionis Leg. The ending in the first game clearly showed the geography changed a lot, but somehow that place is intact.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That's Fei Xenogears!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I didn’t even realize those were supposed to be Rex & Shulk, that’s gonna kick rear end. I don’t give a gently caress if it makes sense, the batshit insane story is the best part!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rex just keeps winning

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The roguelike stuff is extremely whatever to me but I'm all for the final DLC's story content that got teased. It's also extremely funny to see dual wielder, Gigachad Rex and I'd expect Alvis, possibly also in possession of Logos, to be the antagonist with it being revealed that he's actually the one responsible for driving the creation of Aionis.

And then after you finish the final DLC story and the game fades to credits we get a teaser of someone walking around on Mira. :getin:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm going to play the poo poo out of the DLC and am going to love it

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
As long as wave 4 tells us who the gently caress Deus Ex Riku is I'm down.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Reik posted:

As long as wave 4 tells us who the gently caress Deus Ex Riku is I'm down.

(Endgame spoilers obviously) Isn't he a Keves Nopon? I think he answers directly to Melia.

The Nopons as a whole are a giant question mark even more than usual though. Z & co. completely ignore them to the point of allowing them mostly unrestricted access to the colonies despite not being bound to the Eternal Now and the clocks, there's external help from Alrest dedicated to keeping them safe (Ino) and so on.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's pretty heavily implied that (endgame) Melia is basically the masterpon of Nopon that eventually led to Riku, if not directly Riku's masterpon, and that Lucky Seven is a Monado replica. It's not quite as unsubtle as what's implied on the Agnus side but the kanji appearing during Unlimited Sword is very much in line with Monado arts.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 10, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Eunie's the bus

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Goons quick question as I’ve come back to finish some side quests.

If you don’t keep the alliance between the Tarkin and Colony Tau. Does Raine die in the capstone quest for Colony Tau? I farmed all those items up to keep it going and the Tarkins are the ones who rescue and nurse him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm still pretty early in the game (just got the gem crafting tutorial) and somehow the camera has shifted to floating basically right up my point character’s rear end and I can’t for the life of me get it to back off so I can actually survey the goddamn battlefield. Any tips?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AlternateNu posted:

I'm still pretty early in the game (just got the gem crafting tutorial) and somehow the camera has shifted to floating basically right up my point character’s rear end and I can’t for the life of me get it to back off so I can actually survey the goddamn battlefield. Any tips?

i think that you can hold the left trigger or bumper and adjust the height of the camera.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

Depends. What about babies, you guys got any babies?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

turn off the TV posted:

i think that you can hold the left trigger or bumper and adjust the height of the camera.

It'll display the extra controls by default when you're holding the triggers, too

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

OhFunny posted:

Goons quick question as I’ve come back to finish some side quests.

If you don’t keep the alliance between the Tarkin and Colony Tau. Does Raine die in the capstone quest for Colony Tau? I farmed all those items up to keep it going and the Tarkins are the ones who rescue and nurse him.

it's been a hot minute but yeah i think so

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Got XB3 based on its performance in GOTY thread and was not disappointed. I have a question about maximum amount of positional arts. I have Taion setup as a swordfighter with the break+topple combo but I can't seem to do the same thing with Noah, is this a Keves vs Agnus thing? What am I missing?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Levin posted:

Got XB3 based on its performance in GOTY thread and was not disappointed. I have a question about maximum amount of positional arts. I have Taion setup as a swordfighter with the break+topple combo but I can't seem to do the same thing with Noah, is this a Keves vs Agnus thing? What am I missing?

One class (can't remember which, Full Metal Jaguar I think) has a passive that allows equipping three positional arts instead of two.
Check your loadout because all break arts are positional (side), the only transferable Agnus topple is a positional(side) and Swordfighter has a positional (back) art too.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Omobono posted:

One class (can't remember which, Full Metal Jaguar I think) has a passive that allows equipping three positional arts instead of two.
Check your loadout because all break arts are positional (side), the only transferable Agnus topple is a positional(side) and Swordfighter has a positional (back) art too.

Thanks for responding, that wasn't the issue but I figured it out. I foolishly assumed positional arts only included arts that produced a reaction effect (break, topple, etc.) and had a positional art without a reaction effect loaded on Noah.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Levin posted:

Please share your thoughts if your into that thing

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I didn't think that starting a chain attack while targeting the wrong enemy could get any more frustrating, but as it turns out that targeting the wrong enemy in round 50 of a gauntlet is actually significantly worse than anything in the base game

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 16, 2023

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thoughts on the new mode:

Main character with a Keves DPS class and smash equipped (unless the new gal is Keves with a transferable smash haven't checked her yet), preferably with an aoe and evade bonanza setup.
(basically full metal Jaguar or Keves postgame class)

Ashera and Fiona are S tier for obvious reasons. Ashera also brings launch.
Alexandria or Ino bring break. Riku&Manana too but they're kinda weak in comparison.
Seraph, Zeon or Keves postgame hero to bring topple. I'd rather have one of the DPS classes in this category for their chain attack abilities but w/e
Never Monica. You don't want any smash but yours.

Fill out the last two slots with ???
My thoughts are an actual healer with actual healing numbers (Valdi, Agnus postgame, possibly new gal) + Troubadour.

Buffs:
Extra income or discounts as opportunist picks.
The Keves/Agnus/Other focus series are great if you have the numbers. Check your gals and guys' emblems, I'm fairly sure City heroes count as other.
Attack up Uber alles.
Dex up to actually hit and hp up to survive.
Curses can be great but they need hp up to counterbalance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Omobono posted:

I'm fairly sure City heroes count as other.

They do, as well as Ino (who is Nopon aligned)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Very tired today thanks to the XB3 rite of passage: playing the end of chapter 5 too close to bedtime and going to bed 3 hours late

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
where do i find the quest marker for the new hero

also i totally forgot how to play the game

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Go in the DLC menu once loading a game to start her quest.

Her recruitment is in the City.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Plank Walker posted:

Very tired today thanks to the XB3 rite of passage: playing the end of chapter 5 too close to bedtime and going to bed 3 hours late

When I did this back over the summer it was the most mentally and emotionally drained I'd gone to bed at in a long time. Such a marathon and the hits just. don't. stop. coming.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Apparently some text strings for cutscene names and locations featured in the story DLC made their way into this most recent update. And, thank loving god, it actually seems like it explains the plot threads that the main game completely dropped or ignored and appears to include an epilogue.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

yessssssssssssss

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That was loving BS (round 136 wipe to ???)

turn off the TV posted:

Apparently some text strings for cutscene names and locations featured in the story DLC made their way into this most recent update. And, thank loving god, it actually seems like it explains the plot threads that the main game completely dropped or ignored and appears to include an epilogue.

This is not loving BS. It's the anti-BS :woop:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure what an epilogue would do, it ended pretty conclusively. Sequel bait I guess?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure what an epilogue would do, it ended pretty conclusively. Sequel bait I guess?

I also thought this, but I also didn't think that Alvis and the Monado would still exist and have the same super powers, but that's what the teaser seems to be showing. I assume that they're introducing an overarching story that drastically changes the context of 3's plot.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
what's the verdict on Masha and her class

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Junpei posted:

what's the verdict on Masha and her class

A Kevesi class that crits with the skill to restore Art cooldown on crit means you can spam Aureole and Resonant Flag faster than Signifers can. Plus it has a party-wide crit+ and crit damage+ skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s been a while since I’ve played this game. Did it always let you press + to go to the “Destination Map” when you have you quest showing in the lower-right corner? I don’t recall quests being so convenient before lol