Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

I… what? I literally can’t parse this, beyond “boo I can’t drop slurs on Facebook”.

Is the FBI bad because they’re not… causing big tech to explode? Because they could cause big tech to explode? Freedom of speech can’t use the fbi to explode big tech in some giant terrorist event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Ah man, hate it when I smash into my own policies because I was going an opposite direction to them

Hate it!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Sucks for Ramirez's creative output that literally nothing else newsworthy has happened all year

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Thoughtless posted:

Does Hitch draw literally anything that isn't "a crowd of poorly caricatured elongated faces"???

Like it could all the same cartoon with the speech bubbles swapped out.

I put a few other types of cartoons he's done in a post upthread, but yeah, the row of yelling faces is just his resting default cartoon that he does when he doesn't have any other ideas (which is frequently). It's kind of like Payne drawing a car or Ramirez whining about debt or Stantis having his characters stand around questioning whether the country has lost its way because people have opinions. When you have to put one of these things out every day-ish and you're not that good at coming up with interesting things to draw, it helps to have a fallback position that you always know you can execute on.

M.c.P posted:

I… what? I literally can’t parse this, beyond “boo I can’t drop slurs on Facebook”.

Is the FBI bad because they’re not… causing big tech to explode? Because they could cause big tech to explode? Freedom of speech can’t use the fbi to explode big tech in some giant terrorist event?

The best I can do is "the FBI is about to explode Big Tech and freedom of speech will be an accidental victim".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Microplastics posted:

This is getting ridiculous

Yeah, just try to trace the devil's shoulders and arms :pwn:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

MechaCrash posted:

I already know Rall is a contrarian moron who'd find a reason to complain no matter what we do ("omg why are we hanging Ukraine out to dry," "omg why are we prolonging this," "omg why are we getting involved"), and I also know that we're not sending troops over because doing so would get us involved in ways that would quickly spiral all to poo poo.

I assume that the stuff we're actually sending is keyed to a level of "enough that it's useful, not so much that we get upgraded from HELPING UKRAINE to ACTIVE PARTICIPANT which would result in aforementioned spiraling"?

That's the idea behind it, yes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, just try to trace the devil's shoulders and arms :pwn:

Lovingly, after a prosecco on a breezy summer evening

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Microplastics posted:

This is getting ridiculous

has the Chinese balloon, the 10% loot sack and the box of classified docs joined in the Branco Biden iconography? It's getting cluttered.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

has the Chinese balloon, the 10% loot sack and the box of classified docs joined in the Branco Biden iconography? It's getting cluttered.

"poo poo. Come here." Bill cleared away a small fraction of the teetering pile of junk, exposing the decayed ruins of what was once a man. "Looks like Biden."

"Christ, dude, how sad."

"I knew he was gathering gaffes here, he--he filled up his storage space with scandals and--I didn't know how bad it was getting. He never let anyone come over."

A Chinese spy balloon rolls down the pile to rest at the dead man's feet. Bill shakes his head.

"God drat it."

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

That's an all time lovely label
My favourite book is Books.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I put a few other types of cartoons he's done in a post upthread, but yeah, the row of yelling faces is just his resting default cartoon that he does when he doesn't have any other ideas (which is frequently). It's kind of like Payne drawing a car or Ramirez whining about debt D E B T
Corrected.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

when i'm bored at work i'm going to trace these all the way back to their origins

edit: shameful miss on the poopy fly on 7 january

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Microplastics posted:

when i'm bored at work i'm going to trace these all the way back to their origins

Be careful, you will need to plan your database to include capacity for another two years worth of Joetamari Bidamacy. God forbid if he gets a second term...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
You know what they say, can’t have empty thought bubble if Biden not pictured.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Microplastics posted:

I think that the sippy cup was one of the first accessories to appear in the rotation, or at least the first to be discussed (along with the bloody Afghanistan withdrawal hands) so if you search the 2022 thread for that term you will probably land close to the origins.

edit: oh no the withdrawal was in 2021, jesus how long has branco been doing this, time has no meaning

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

wizzardstaff posted:

edit: oh no the withdrawal was in 2021, jesus how long has branco been doing this, time has no meaning

Speaking of time having no meaning,

:siren:2022 Kellies nominations close on the 18th:siren:

Please don't forget to nominate additional comics from the previous thread- we have several people who said they were going to do it, but time's getting short!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

I'm honestly amazed that pants down Biden didn't enter the usual mandatory visual signifiers. It was like 3 strips in a row then never again, maybe it meaning he had to draw all of Biden every time was the dealbreaker

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the PM offering up his new deputy chairman – Rishi Sunak has appointed Lee Anderson, who said capital punishment was ‘100% effective’ and food bank users ‘can’t cook properly’"

Telegraph:

Ukraine unlikely to be sent British jets until war is over, Ben Wallace says

Matt:

Gender-neutral God to be considered by Church of England

Independent:

Ukraine criticises speech by Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters at UN Security Council

Times:

Evening Standard:

GDP: No recession yet, but Britain’s not out of the woods

Stephen Collins:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress off Matt.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

On Alan Tudge quitting politics a week after facing the robodebt royal commission.

Katauskas:

Kudelka:

Knight:

Spooner:

Chinese-made security cameras to be removed from Australian government buildings (Guardian).

Leunig:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Speaking of time having no meaning,

:siren:2022 Kellies nominations close on the 18th:siren:

Please don't forget to nominate additional comics from the previous thread- we have several people who said they were going to do it, but time's getting short!

I did say that but I misunderstood. I thought it was for voting! Not that nominations aren't important but I've got nothing in that regard.

China Daily

Military-industrial complex by Luo Jie

Le Monde

ChatGPT : le robot qui fait les devoirs/ChatGPT: The robot that does homework by Côté from Canada

"I'm going to do my homework at my friends!"
"What friend?"
"ChatGPT!"

Charlie Hebdo

Noise pollution at the Assemblé Nationale:
The biodiversity is in danger.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Pope:

On Alan Tudge quitting politics a week after facing the robodebt royal commission.

Is that B2EMO?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:negative:

Fawlty Towers is two seasons of near perfect television and I've always been torn between wanting more and knowing how unlikely it would be to live up to the first two seasons. The thought of 2023's John Cleese writing it is.... :sigh:

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Another example of incredible panel usage for comedic timing :kiss:

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

Jerusalem posted:

:negative:

Fawlty Towers is two seasons of near perfect television and I've always been torn between wanting more and knowing how unlikely it would be to live up to the first two seasons. The thought of 2023's John Cleese writing it is.... :sigh:

I hope for the best but expect it may turn out like Lucille Ball's last TV show, Life With Lucy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_with_Lucy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

And your point is?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

NDP posted:

I hope for the best but expect it may turn out like Lucille Ball's last TV show, Life With Lucy.

I think it being swiftly cancelled probably is the best to hope for, given Cleese's recent output

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I don't actually know that most of the bases the Chinese were targeting were US bases, either. It looks like they were hitting a lot of SE Asia.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NDP posted:

Not surprising I guess considering how it was buried afterwards, but I had literally never heard of this show and had no idea it existed at all.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And your point is?
we have to many military bases around the world

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thought this was gonna be yet another "those dastardly Chinese are spying on us with tiktok!!!"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Atone Deaf"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wow this Hitch guy is really hitting the top of the hate charts for me fast!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Being a political cartoonist must be the easiest job in the world. You can just have your enemies do or say literally anything you want, it rules.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Brawnfire posted:

Wow this Hitch guy is really hitting the top of the hate charts for me fast!

I didn't think there was someone that could rocket to the top like he has, but by god he's doing it

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
They're still SUPER mad that Pelosi ripped up one of Trump's SOTU speeches. Loudly booing and jeering during the speech? Totally fine. Ripping up a speech afterwards? Now you've gone too far!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

John Deering

Steve Kelley

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

So they are calling Biden a spy balloon then?

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

I think I need to stop paying attention to these cartoons, they are beginning to make me irrationally angry, especially Branco. Racist rear end hypocritcal cocksucking motherfuckers, the lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Is it an open border those naive, insufficiently-racist hippie Democrats brag about, or is it a closed border that paper bag test-failing vermin slip through with their disease and drugs? Either they're activity letting people in, or they're trying to keep people out and failing... it can't be both! :argh: