Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Find the La-Mulana software/Maze of Galious ROM

Followed the tip from earlier in the thread, never would've found this otherwise. Still took over an hour poking around after getting to the right area lol, but it was a really cool surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Vinestalk posted:

Hell yeah. I'm in the same boat with main weapons. Further behind on subs. Feel like I'm missing a lot in Moonlight and Graveyard. I started counting map tiles I've explored in my excel file to see where I'm missing screens.

:cheerdoge: Gotta say I was pretty disappointed that hitting pause within the mother silhouette until you fell asleep in moonlight temple didn’t open that chest. Maybe you have to drop in from the top

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I still haven't gotten into that obvious correct area for the mother and I feel like I'm going to feel very foolish when I finally manage. I haven't found the thing for the poison in the twin labyrinth either. But I'm going to try to finish illusion and check out the chamber of mother area that I haven't really explored yet first tomorrow.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i decided fish was bullshit so lets see what else this new shiny rock can do

also:

: Awaken Mulbruk

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

quote:

Shape of each fields is complicated. However, it can be arranged rectangle-shaped of 4 x 5 squares. If you keep this in mind, you will be easy to understand the structure of the field.

I don't understand that part in the manual. Whenever I reorder the screens to create a rectangle, they no longer line up in a way that makes sense?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

teppichporsche posted:

I don't understand that part in the manual. Whenever I reorder the screens to create a rectangle, they no longer line up in a way that makes sense?

Thank you, I've been scared to admit this because I felt like it must be obvious and I'd look deeply stupid, but I have no loving idea what it means

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

teppichporsche posted:

The bits that stick out are intended to loop back around to the top or bottom.

I can dig up an example if that helps.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it took me forever to figure out the map looping thing and even now it's still a little confusing. one of the main sticking points in my brain was that it has to be exactly on a 4x5 grid. not 5x4, not 4x5 relative to where the first room is or something. make a grid 4 across and 5 down with the topleft corner being square 1,1. put the leftmost room(s) of whatever map you're looking at in the leftmost column and put the topmost room(s) in the topmost row. now try to imagine you're looping the rooms that fall outside of the 4x5 grid on the right and bottom around like you're making a paper tube out of them. they should slot into the empty slots inside of the 4x5 grid. i know this sounds insane. it is

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 10, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

it took me forever to figure out the map looping thing and even now it's still a little confusing. one of the main sticking points in my brain was that it has to be exactly on a 4x5 grid. not 5x4, not 4x5 relative to where the first room is or something. make a grid 4 across and 5 down with the topleft corner being square 1,1. put the leftmost room(s) of whatever map you're looking at in the leftmost column and put the topmost room(s) in the topmost row. now try to imagine you're looping the rooms that fall outside of the 4x5 grid on the right and bottom around like you're making a paper tube out of them. they should slot into the empty slots inside of the 4x5 grid. i know this sounds insane. it is

I shan't be doing this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I shan't be doing this

:grin:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Time works the same way.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Below is a spoiler-free map of Spring in the Sky (composed out of Wordle blocks), showing how the level folds in on itself. It's not as complicated as it sounds. I've already beaten La-Mulana, so I'm technically not a participant (so it's up to you all whether or not this counts as help from outside the thread), but I made this to better illustrate Absolutely Everything's explanation.

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟩🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟧🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩🟧⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bad Seafood posted:

Below is a spoiler-free map of Spring in the Sky (composed out of Wordle blocks), showing how the level folds in on itself. It's not as complicated as it sounds. I've already beaten La-Mulana, so I'm technically not a participant (so it's up to you all whether or not this counts as help from outside the thread), but I made this to better illustrate Absolutely Everything's explanation.

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟩🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟧🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩🟧⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

You can play the game again and earn some trophies

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Bad Seafood posted:

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟩🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟧🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩🟧⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

Thanks, it does make sense now. I originally thought that you had to actually rearrange the screens.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

absolutely everything is my rat frenzy doppelganger that doesn't know what shapes are

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bad Seafood posted:

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟩🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟧🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩🟧⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bad Seafood posted:

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟩🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟩🟩🟨
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟦⬛🟧🟧🟩🟩🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨🟦🟧🟧🟧🟩🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟧🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛🟦🟩🟧🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦🟩🟩🟩🟧⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟦⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm assuming that looks better on desktop

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm assuming that looks better on desktop

Lol same.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

So I used the dollin zebu's room and heard the secret noise but I'm not sure what changed. I noticed there's a panel I can step on in the top left room that made a TV?? light up briefly but I'm not sure if that was new

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

absolutely everything is my rat frenzy doppelganger that doesn't know what shapes are

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

So I used the dollin zebu's room and heard the secret noise but I'm not sure what changed. I noticed there's a panel I can step on in the top left room that made a TV?? light up briefly but I'm not sure if that was new

Right you're all just making stuff up now

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Feeling about as smart as when I was suppose to recognize the alien's self-portrait in Sphere.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

i decided fish was bullshit so lets see what else this new shiny rock can do

also:

: Awaken Mulbruk

well done and welcome!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

been away for a bit but managed to get some la mulana in. i love getting achievements for this game and no matter how basic/required it is it's always like max 25% of people with it. got the feather last night after getting stuck and literally just walking through every single room ive been to before to see if any of the fifteen puzzles ive solved without knowing what they did changed anything. i think that killing a boss is what unblocks the doors to the back side if you have the mirror but im not sure. all i know is i got to the graveyard of the giants and that opened a lot of poo poo up great loving game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this Serdab of Light puzzle is going to make me go bonkers

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sir Dab

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i swear to loving god

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

symbolic posted:

this Serdab of Light puzzle is going to make me go bonkers

it looks complicated at first but if you look at each block individually and cross out the places it's impossible for it to ever go you get a much smaller set of moves that you just have to put in order

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sub-Actuality posted:

well done and welcome!

thanks!

fish status: still bullshit although i got three more health orbs than last time so it seems doable now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

P-Mack posted:

it looks complicated at first but if you look at each block individually and cross out the places it's impossible for it to ever go you get a much smaller set of moves that you just have to put in order

ya that's pretty much what im doing, it's less complicated and more that there's just a lot of planning it out first. but also,

symbolic posted:

i swear to loving god

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I immediately fell for the first weight trap and had the stone jaw drop on me. 10/10 game, I'm gonna get owned continually.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

teppichporsche posted:

I just take it to mean every zone has 20 screens including secrets and call it a day.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

symbolic posted:

i swear to loving god

that room took me way too loving long. i kept thinking i had to like partially push stuff to make it work but no it really is as obvious as it seems its just a pain in the rear end to execute

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

i swear to loving god

this puzzle made me feel like a complete dumbass

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It made me feel smart because I completed it with ease.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

last night i managed to get lemeza stuck in a floor while jumping and apparently that just makes you teleport back to the start of the game and then you very calmly save and exit because of how long it loving took to get there and you still cant teleport to the loving back side yet