Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I dreamed that my wife was being targeted by the mafia and we were on the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

good morning. flying to "london" later. first time in enemy territory in 6 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoVtHLxNVlU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Good morning, here's a lizard dancing to house music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMEWY4ZszUs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Critical posted:

new depeche mode single just dropped for my fellow fans in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyrLRixMs8

solid B imo. gives me precious vibes. very weird to see them as a duo now :smith:

they also need work on their chess openings

I've listened to this a bunch the past couple of days and had already been on a kick listening to 80s goth and new wave stuff all week, so today I'm just diving deeper and deeper into that pool.

When I was 15 my friends and I got to see Depeche Mode on the heels of "The Singles 86-98" coming out. We were also super into Stabbing Westward at the time and they opened for them which was like the perfect show for my 15-year-old heart and brain.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Weird rear end dream last night - I was playing Hogwarts Legacy, which I’m not playing because gently caress JK Rowling, but the sorting hat put me in House Clarke and gave me a plasma cutter for a wand.

If I was sorted into a house I'd like to be sorted into a house with both a pork, brown bean, and lime and cilantro rice burrito and a Burger King xl bacon double cheeseburger meal. Then I eat both and the hat eats me (in one gulp, just swallows me up. NO CHEWING!) And I end up right back here, at my posting station. And I wear this hat every day.

That'd be nice.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just saw the trailer for the new fast movie and lol it makes me giggle. I've never seen a single one but I kind of love that it exists. Because I like dumb fun things. I also like how every former villain becomes a friend like it's dragon ball.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I just saw the trailer for the new fast movie and lol it makes me giggle. I've never seen a single one but I kind of love that it exists. Because I like dumb fun things. I also like how every former villain becomes a friend like it's dragon ball.

You owe it to yourself to watch them all. My partner went out of town for something a while back, a little before the last movie was coming out. I had never seen any of them and for whatever reason decided I'd use the week she was gone to watch them all. They are stupid fun at their best and boring at their worst, but you'll usually get some fun action scenes and always some hilariously bad acting and dialogue.

F9 was the first movie we saw back in theaters and it was such a fun way to see one of those movies.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

What if one of them ducks and leans over so he can talk up into their neighbor's tube? :ohdear:

NO TALKING IN THE TUBE

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Fast Five is a legit great movie. FF6 and 7 I remember liking. Haven’t seen 9 and I don’t remember 8; was it the one with the submarine? I tried watching Hobbs and Shaw and found it real hard; it was kind of this Michael Bay clone of government operation without Bay’s style so it was just soulless AND uninteresting to watch.

The first one is just Point Break. If you liked Point Break you’ll like it.

The second one is truly bad.

Tokyo Drift underrated imo but only in that it is a C+/B- and not an F.

Fast and Furious, number four, was the most boring of any of them.

These are your Fast Facts.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

NO TALKING IN THE TUBE

https://youtu.be/H8yQhXDquII

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you're going to say stuff like "ff6" and "ff9" while talking about some kind of car films then you're going to get what you deserve

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Rob Cohen, the director of the first Fast and the Furious was given the inaugural lifetime achievement award at the Asheville Film Festival.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
FF5 is the FF7 of FF movies, but FF7 is kind of like FF9 in the sense that it's like a love letter to the series

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

sephiroth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hobbs and Shaw is the Lightning Returns of FF

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wish they'd make more Yakuza movies besides that Takeshi Miike one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wish they'd make more Yakuza movies besides that Takeshi Miike one

I vaguely remember there being like 4 or 5 Battles Without Honor Or Humanity movies.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
There's five of those and they own hard

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I hope that it’s clear that earlier when I was using the acronym FF I was referring to FutaFuckfest

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I vaguely remember there being like 4 or 5 Battles Without Honor Or Humanity movies.

I meant the actual Yakuza games adaptations but all of these slap. I think I've only seen four of them though, so I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Here's Miike's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hwuJ4nAcM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

I hope that it’s clear that earlier when I was using the acronym FF I was referring to FutaFuckfest

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I need to tell this story because it's loving absurd. The last approximately 2-3 months until very very recently my partner had been struggling with active addiction. Good news is she got herself clean and is here for a visit until Wednesday and seems in a really good place in terms of approaching her recovery in a more complete, dedicated, healthy fashion. Hooray! Here's where the absurdity comes in.

Our house is a ranch (i.e. one floor, not with animals everywhere) but with a basement. The basement is actually v. nice and is more or less an apartment. The family is very blessed and I'm lucky to live here. Hooray! However when company is here, they stay in the basement, both for spaciousness and privacy. I can get down into the basement by going around the outside of the house via a very gently sloping hill and utilizing a small portable ramp and an outside door. Again, sounds great, right?

My wheelchair's battery has been gradually declining over the last several months. I used to be able to EASILY go 3-4 days on a charge. Now, if we don't charge it after 2 days, it's fuuucked. But that's been fine! However, today was day 2. I got out of the shower in the early evening, an hour and a half or so before we left to go pick up my partner from the bus station. I get into the car with mom, we get home, my partner and I go straight downstairs, everything is great. A bit before midnight, I bid my extremely sleepy partner goodnight, tell her I'll see her in the morning...and the chair dies barely any way up the hill. "Okay," I think to myself. "Let's disengage the motor and have mom push me back inside to the BASEMENT since I'm closer to there and it's easier to go downhill, we'll plug it in down there, charge me for a while, get up to bed, charge it overnight." Charged it for about an hour and 15 minutes. Get ~90% of the way up the hill, and the fucker dies on me again. We're close ENOUGH to the front door of the house (I usually go in via a side door in the garage) that we can charge me outside with the help of an extension cord. But oh, by the way, my poor mom mildly to moderately fucks up a leg muscle trying to push the fucker (it's supposed to be pushable if you disengage the motor. TBH, it's uh, really not). I then sit outside for approximately another 60-75 minutes rather cold in approximately 45 degrees Fahrenheit weather praying that my old reliable chair will get enough charge to get me inside before we give it a real proper overnight charge. Success! :toot: However, I don't know if I can accurately describe to you, dear friends, the combination of helplessness that the thing just WOULDN'T move, frustration at same, and guilt and anger that someone I love hurt themselves even mildly trying to help me.

Plan is for us to get replacement batteries ASAP (we THINK they actually sell them in auto shops but we can't be certain) and if the wheelchair repair guy tries to sell me on a whole new chair RN I'm gonna tell him to go gently caress himself because getting new wheelchairs is traumatic TBH and the thing still runs like a dream, it just needs new batteries, but...loving hell, what an unexpected kick in the taint on an otherwise incredibly joyous day.

I'm saying this mostly as a haha funny/generally absurd anecdote and to say enjoy blessings both big and small, and try not to take things for granted. Love to everybody. :)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

over in London now. going to go to the BFI and buy lots of Blu-ray hehe :cheers:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you watching the rugby m8

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Top 10 worth a read?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that drat battery you've got now is a real dying dumb rear end! i hope they make infinite batteries soon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They made infinite battlefields instead of batteries sorry.

PSA: take care of your mental. Should the voices in your head become so insurmountable that you’re banging on my door at 5am, please seek counsel. You will find none from me.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is Top 10 worth a read?

That’s Alan Moore right? I’d rent from the library at least first. I liked it enough that I wish there was more of it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is Top 10 worth a read?

I enjoyed it quite a bit and the Forty-Niners special that came out afterwards was pretty good too. The whole ABC line is probably my favorite of his output, after Swamp Thing

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

over in London now. going to go to the BFI and buy lots of Blu-ray hehe :cheers:

You're the BFI

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is Top 10 worth a read?

It’s a good time, I enjoyed reading it in high school when I was ripping through Moore’s back catalogue. It’s only 12 issues, you could knock it out in an afternoon.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Brut posted:

NienNunb posted:

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can prevent any more flagrant anti-film rhetoric from further poisoning our found family.
I can't remember the last time I saw a report come out of the chat thread so it seems like it's pretty chill in there, but now that thread-specific IKs can be added by any admins instead of just Jeff/Astral this should be relatively painless to actually implement assuming the chat thread doesn't have significant objections. In general perhaps even a rotating comedy IK would be welcomed there just to spice things up? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Opening this up to general feedback from everybody, any thoughts?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i think that was a non-serious suggestion and an ik for this thread isn't needed whatsoever imo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Brut posted:

Opening this up to general feedback from everybody, any thoughts?

grant me dark power

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I just bought a new car, everyone congratulate me on going into debt!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

that drat battery you've got now is a real dying dumb rear end! i hope they make infinite batteries soon

Hell same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

thread doesn’t need an ik but if it did have one it should be nine n00b

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

The Stroker Ace posted:

I just bought a new car, everyone congratulate me on going into debt!

Congrats! What'd you get?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Brut posted:

Congrats! What'd you get?

A new GTI. It’s my 3rd. I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The last IK I ran into called me r-slur and whined to actual moderators to the point that there was discussion of banning me entirely(two boring dudes would cheer this). I’m good.