Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Going to the barber for the first time in 8 months with this saved on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a sexual elk posted:

My 2 year old still doesn’t have a SS number

Burn off their finger prints and start training them to be an international assassin now

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

Post the artisinal haircut when you're done.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I neglected to get my passport renewed for months and the other week when I finally got around to it they had just opened up online renewals as a trial. Procrastinating works!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah my kid had a SSN pretty quickly after being born. He even has a passport because we were supposed to be going to Thailand (where he was then going to get dual citizenship through my wife) in April but that got pushed.

Speaking of the kid, he's noticeably sick for the first time. Just a head cold but boy this sucks huh! And naturally, he gave it to my wife and me as well.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of the kid, he's noticeably sick for the first time. Just a head cold but boy this sucks huh! And naturally, he gave it to my wife and me as well.

This is your new existence. Enjoy the next decade.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Excellent choice

How much morning prep and product will you need to maintain that mane?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm planning the same but Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China. I'm tall and thin, so I think a tank with luscious mullet locks would look great.

Then I'm going to have to ruin it and get the hair chopped off for a stupid wedding :bahgawd:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Excellent choice

Much more than you think. Pomade, mousse, and blow drying with a round brush at minimum. Frequent trims to keep it from getting flat and mullet-y.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I wake up with that style every day, effortlessly.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of hair, I made the decision to break up with my barber this morning

There’s a spot on my hair that always looks weird when I style it because of how she cuts it, and every time I go to her I ask her to just try to cut that part down and every time she refuses to cut how I ask her to because “it’ll look weird” and talks me out of it, then every time I style my hair the next morning and guess what it looks weird anyway

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

T-Square posted:

Speaking of hair, I made the decision to break up with my barber this morning

There’s a spot on my hair that always looks weird when I style it because of how she cuts it, and every time I go to her I ask her to just try to cut that part down and every time she refuses to cut how I ask her to because “it’ll look weird” and talks me out of it, then every time I style my hair the next morning and guess what it looks weird anyway
I know that pain. I really liked my barbershop when I lived at my last place, but I've tried 3 different places in my new area and none of them are quite making the... cut. :sigh:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Excellent choice

No product, best thing to do is after conditioning and getting out of shower just very lightly towel dry and leave it mostly wet, it dries into a very great style that way

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

I neglected to get my passport renewed for months and the other week when I finally got around to it they had just opened up online renewals as a trial. Procrastinating works!

Damnit, I just went to look at this and they stopped new applicants as of February 7th. Procrastinating failed!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Damnit, I just went to look at this and they stopped new applicants as of February 7th. Procrastinating failed!

Are you me? I did the same thing this morning. Says it opens back up in March so I’m going to hold tight.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

:owned:

If it makes you feel better, they bait-and-switched me on the processing time. I opted not to expedite because they said it was going to be 7-9 weeks, which was going to be plenty of time. Then once they accepted my application it became “actually it’s 11-12 weeks” so I had to pony up for the expedited processing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Alright everyone, tag yourselves. I am coconut comrade.

https://twitter.com/WillBlakely3/status/1623821708829270017?t=DKXWpKg_Ycx8LcitGtiZiw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We renewed ours and got our kiddo’s first, and even without expedited service it was super short. Seems like the delays ebb and flow. Must be seasonal. I think we put ours in last august or September and had them in-hand in less than 6 weeks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Huh, I was able to dig my passport renewal yesterday online. :smug:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Unseasoned chicken and snow roaches are p good

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I mean, No Purpose Flour is by far the clear winner. But there are some great arguments for the top 5.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I mean, No Purpose Flour is by far the clear winner. But there are some great arguments for the top 5.

Oh god :vince: I didn’t even see that one. That’s fantastic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm a person of colonial complexion lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm boycotting the new Harry Potter based on the name of the school being changed to "Hogwarts Legacy" from the historical "Hogwarts Lee."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Walking Corpse, probably :zombie:

I also like Vanilla Villains

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 10, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm the unedited google doc

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This reminds me of a time I got banned from the nintendo for a week because I wrote down all the swear words I knew and mum found it. That was a rough 27th birthday I tell ya.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

We renewed ours and got our kiddo’s first, and even without expedited service it was super short. Seems like the delays ebb and flow. Must be seasonal. I think we put ours in last august or September and had them in-hand in less than 6 weeks.

Yeah, I’m betting a lot of people (like us) made spring break plans then said “oh poo poo I should get on that”.

I bet this Twitter Blue user also gets gravely offended when he sees “yt” get used too

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Anyway I’m partial to “winter wallabies” and “yeast demons”, personally

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I haven't made hardly any sales this week. My weekly sales numbers were just starting to improve on a consistent basis and then this loving ice storm happened and now I'm back to almost zero.

I am so loving bad at selling it's honestly a wonder I haven't been fired yet.

I'm supposed to be doing $15K/week in sales minimum just to stay employed at this place, and I have not hit that number once in the 4 months since I started this job. The other guy I work with did loving double that number his first week, and just pulled a goddamn $90K this past week in Austin.

gently caress me I am so burned out on this poo poo :shepicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IMO that probably means you're not an rear end in a top hat because hyper-aggressive sales tactics work, but also are infuriating

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What are you selling and how could anyone possibly sell that much of a thing?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I would recommend doing anything else that is not sales. Sales sucks. If there is a hell, being a salesman is what they would make me do for eternity.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

I haven't made hardly any sales this week. My weekly sales numbers were just starting to improve on a consistent basis and then this loving ice storm happened and now I'm back to almost zero.

I am so loving bad at selling it's honestly a wonder I haven't been fired yet.

I'm supposed to be doing $15K/week in sales minimum just to stay employed at this place, and I have not hit that number once in the 4 months since I started this job. The other guy I work with did loving double that number his first week, and just pulled a goddamn $90K this past week in Austin.

gently caress me I am so burned out on this poo poo :shepicide:

If your hearts not in it you won't ever enjoy it. Sales never got my dick hard and while I can do it and not do the sleazy sales pitches etc I'd never make it as a rep because I can't stand the fact that sales seems to be like 40% people that are sleazy douchebags you want to kick down the stairs and 40% people who simp for their customers so badly and will make a lot more work for everyone around them by agreeing to dumb stuff.

While you've got your job its probably the best time to start hunting for something else. Speaking from recent experience your anxiety about your job will go down if you're not enjoying it at all if you're actively trying to change it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What are you selling and how could anyone possibly sell that much of a thing?

he's selling garden/tree services of some variety, and rich people regularly spend thousands of dollars getting their trees trimmed etc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The true trick to sales, especially something like what you are selling, is to just be patient and nice and eventually find your whale. The guy that is the President of the HOA, or some type of community decision maker, where him utilizing your services means that 90K sale is like one or two clients.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This owns.

And here I thought I was an edgelord for having a list of like 15 made-up slurs for conservative rednecks.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 10, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would recommend doing anything else that is not sales. Sales sucks. If there is a hell, being a salesman is what they would make me do for eternity.

Hell is physical retail

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems like selling cars would be a good gig these days. My experience buying a car last year was basically walking into the dealership and having them tell me "well here are the four cars we have and six more that might be coming in the next two months and here's the sticker price- do you want one or not?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Seems like selling cars would be a good gig these days. My experience buying a car last year was basically walking into the dealership and having them tell me "well here are the four cars we have and six more that might be coming in the next two months and here's the sticker price- do you want one or not?"

add a "here's how much we've decided to tack on by model because of scarcity".