Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
youtube isnt a real tv channel anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i realize this must be earth shattering information but attention mods and admins: you do not have to moderate a forum whose userbase you hate, and especially not for free

yeah, I mean i wasn't trolling with my suggestion of just shutting down this thread temporarily or permanently if it's really a huge source of stress for people still. it's good that the mods here went to bat to keep it around despite a lot of pressure, but if there's stuff going on behind the scenes that makes it still hugely stressful for people despite the reboot and new rules, keeping everyone happy and healthy is more important.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
zelenskyy wants to continue the notorious nazi policy of building room for the aryan race in easternn europe, a policy they called bildungsroman

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

yeah, I mean i wasn't trolling with my suggestion of just shutting down this thread temporarily or permanently if it's really a huge source of stress for people still. it's good that the mods here went to bat to keep it around despite a lot of pressure, but if there's stuff going on behind the scenes that makes it still hugely stressful for people despite the reboot and new rules, keeping everyone happy and healthy is more important.

I honestly really like moderating this thread. It has tough moments (this morning was one of those), but usually it's a joy, which is why I don't use my buttons all that much. I learn a lot from it and get some good laughs out of people's posting.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I honestly really like moderating this thread. It has tough moments (this morning was one of those), but usually it's a joy, which is why I don't use my buttons all that much. I learn a lot from it and get some good laughs out of people's posting.

that's good. and i will try to be less qcsy itt if it causes you stress. i am usually only trying to be a jerk in the jokey cspam way and not for real real

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
is jackson hinkle the one who said women only have "two holes"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I for one welcome majorians hatred and wish to invite it to my cottage and serve it tea and crumpets, we'll sit by the campfire and smoke massive blunts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

that's good. and i will try to be less qcsy itt if it causes you stress. i am usually only trying to be a jerk in the jokey cspam way and not for real real

I appreciate that, and I do value your (and most people here's) input, FWIW.

Al-Saqr posted:

I for one welcome majorians hatred and wish to serve it tea and crumpets, all is welcome.

Awwww ty!:glomp:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Azathoth posted:

Normally not, but this thread has a long and storied history of being one of the shittiest in C-SPAM so if those two are going to continue to come in here and poo poo it up, Majorian has a green light. I don't particularly like that it has come to this, but keep Glenn and Tucker poo poo in their containment zones, which is why those threads have existed for so long.

There has been zero drama in this thread that I'm aware of ever since the thing from a few months back and the banning of forum SYQs. If anything, it's kind of remarkable how well behaved it's been; the only real problem was always the inter-thread drama, which has been nonexistent for a long time now. I don't know if people in the moderator forum or other subforums are complaining, but if they are that's their problem.

I feel like people are misinterpreting cbo's posts as some sort of veiled support for Tucker Carlson, instead of "how pathetic is it that Tucker Carlson is the only person in mainstream US media who is even mentioning this stuff" + "people who freak out about Tucker Carlson/Fox News but don't care much about other US media are dumb as hell and likely unwittingly being manipulated by liberal media narratives." While they're absolutely trolling (and short probes are the expected consequence of that), it's the sort of trolling that doesn't cause derails unless other people are dumb in response to it.

Btw thanks Majorian for undoing the thread ban. The probe isn't a big deal, but thread bans only make sense in a situation where the majority of a thread wants someone gone (and even then it's usually a bad idea).

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Tell them to stop wearing Nazi insignias and lauding long dead Nazis.

I guess bandera fanboys aren't Nazis, just heroes.

if wearing nazi insignia automatically made you a nazi then half the british royal family are nazis

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the real war in cspam is between the posters who understand the humor in cbo's whole thing and those who don't

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

the real war in cspam is between the posters who understand the humor in cbo's whole thing and those who don't

the best part is that we found out it's genuine when he posted his twitter

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

mila kunis posted:

if wearing nazi insignia automatically made you a nazi then half the british royal family are nazis

Only half?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mila kunis posted:

no poo poo????

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

I understand it and I liked it for the first few years of it. At this point though it’s just old and not funny anymore IMO.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mila kunis posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mila kunis posted:

How dare you say this about the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
id also like to thank majorian for undoing the threadban. one of the reasons cspam is good is that it doesnt police threads for wrongthink and just lets everyone vomit the worst loving poo poo into their posts.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zelensky's tiny shoes

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I understand it and I liked it for the first few years of it. At this point though it’s just old and not funny anymore IMO.

I've only been posting in cspam for about a year since a long break from SA, so I'll get back to you in another year or so and give you a trip report

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

no poo poo????

Someone needs to watch The Crown!

(that was a joke, no one needs to watch it)

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

A big flaming stink posted:

id also like to thank majorian for undoing the threadban. one of the reasons cspam is good is that it doesnt police threads for wrongthink and just lets everyone vomit the worst loving poo poo into their posts.

yeah i forgot to thank you for doing that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ytlaya posted:

There has been zero drama in this thread that I'm aware of ever since the thing from a few months back and the banning of forum SYQs. If anything, it's kind of remarkable how well behaved it's been; the only real problem was always the inter-thread drama, which has been nonexistent for a long time now. I don't know if people in the moderator forum or other subforums are complaining, but if they are that's their problem.

my guess is that the admins hate us because the gbs gore kerfuffle that was never fully resolved and has now spread to the pyf sagas thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my guess is that the admins hate us because the gbs gore kerfuffle that was never fully resolved and has now spread to the pyf sagas thread

eh, i think it's good that majorian doesn't personally hate the thread since he mods it.

az hating the thread is not new. he was openly posting in the Glenn zone about how much he hated this thread even before the qcs kerfuffle. It's really not surprising, posting about war (even with no gore, just light humor and news updates) is not for everyone, and the longer the war drags on the more like abyss gazing it becomes.

you can't begrudge anyone for hating this thread. war sucks. hopefully that's different from hating the people who post in the thread, which i assume it is lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hate reading something is still weird, especially when you pop in to say how much you hate it out of nowhere.

Which is why I'm ignoring the hundreds of posts about this drama.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

imagine being bullied by gbs posters and mods into a weird overreaction. Like what the gently caress was Kit whatever going to do? I did hear rumours that people were threatening to go to the German state and get SA banned for 'genocide denial' so lol if that's even a tiny bit true

I don't even know how that works now that Germany officially supports nazi groups displaying nazi symbology

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Feb 10, 2023

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

speng31b posted:

eh, i think it's good that majorian doesn't personally hate the thread since he mods it.

az hating the thread is not new. he was openly posting in the Glenn zone about how much he hated this thread even before the qcs kerfuffle. It's really not surprising, posting about war (even with no gore, just light humor and news updates) is not for everyone, and the longer the war drags on the more like abyss gazing it becomes.

you can't begrudge anyone for hating this thread. war sucks. hopefully that's different from hating the people who post in the thread, which i assume it is lol

half the drama about this thread has nothing to do with the war and more to do with permanent personal grudges that've developed over the years on this site because of pro vs anti american political opinions

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

the problem with az is he hates cspam in general and he's an admin

we're going to keep losing posters

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i dont think az hates cspam any more than certain parts of cspam hate other parts of cspam, but im sure that having everyone pissed at him almost from day 1 of his admin reign when the sexpig perma hit didn't help matters

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mila kunis posted:

half the drama about this thread has nothing to do with the war and more to do with permanent personal grudges that've developed over the years on this site because of pro vs anti american political opinions

Pro American = pro Nazi, hth

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
AZ doesn't hate CSPAM.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Pro American = pro Nazi, hth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mr putin send the nukes please

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

we're going to keep losing posters

cspam seems as active as it's always been.:shrug:

\/\/\/ty for your service\/\/\/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

now that ive been posting in cspam its good again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you for that

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

cspam seems as active as it's always been.:shrug:

\/\/\/ty for your service\/\/\/

i don't think cspam is going to die

i just think we've lost some good posters for vague reasons, not the end of the world or anything

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NO

NO!!

\/\/\/:bisonyes:\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Feb 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007