Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rappaport posted:

Ironically (or is it just sad) the Night of the Long Knives made the Nazis seem more palatable and the bringers of "order and properness" to Germany, in the eyes of much of the German public. And more importantly the military and the various business interests. So in 1934, who could've known Nazis would be bad for business, eh? They'd just conveniently destroyed the labour movement, too!

Hmmm. Wasn't there just some big dust up in some economic superpower of a country where a massive blow was dealt to a large labor sector by the national government?

Sent from my iPhone 15 SE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
i see the thread has abandoned robert's rules overnight. looks like its time to carpet bomb the thread for its crimes against parliamentary procedure

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fritz the Horse posted:

i see the thread has abandoned robert's rules overnight. looks like its time to carpet bomb the thread for its crimes against parliamentary procedure

Sorry, we held an unstructured vote after leadership dozed off and now we're embracing Martha's Rules of Order, which is to say we all make Martha Stewart's notorious eggnog recipe and sip on it while chatting about our days

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
alas I'm all too familiar with beating a dead joke so I will let this insult slide

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Epic High Five posted:

In terms of actual business, I've got Harold and LALD on record as IK volunteers for neu-USPOL, any others? I'm gonna do some poking, I miss the thread too.

I volunteered as well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'll do it

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Make all the posters IKs honestly. We will police our own.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I tried to do that before and everyone decided that they couldn't trust each other and Marx's dream of a classless thread dissolved.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I tried to do that before and everyone decided that they couldn't trust each other and Marx's dream of a classless thread dissolved.

Yeah but a lot of posters in that thread don't take you seriously

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not every revolutionary project will be a success, but every one is an example for future ones to learn from.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Mellow Seas posted:

Remember the official Goon Leftist rules, libs deserve our condemnation for (we assume) hating AOC, Bernie, Omar etc for being too leftist, but also those pols are filthy right wing Dem libs who shouldn't be trusted.

stop posting about domestic american politics in the chat thread you dog

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

to hate aoc, you have to give a poo poo about aoc, and i stopped giving a poo poo about her when she let pelosi bully her into voting for more iron dome funding

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
american politics could hardly said to be domesticated. we're pissing and making GBS threads all over the floor right now

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fritz the Horse posted:

american politics could hardly said to be domesticated. we're pissing and making GBS threads all over the floor right now

oh, look at this guy, he's got a fancy stable with a roof, and a floor to piss and poo poo on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Probably straw on the floor too, posh stuff

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Not every revolutionary project will be a success, but every one is an example for future ones to learn from.

This pre-supposes a future that exists, and well, I may have some sad news to report on that front

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Probably straw on the floor too, posh stuff

i bet he even has a newbie adventurer come 'round every so often to scoop up his poo poo for a few silver coins and a chance at getting a strength point from the work.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
nah strength point is too much

some XP and access to affordable health coverage

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
these posts are all really bad

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
not that mine are better

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Doomscrollin' for the ages, huh

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Epic High Five posted:

In terms of actual business, I've got Harold and LALD on record as IK volunteers for neu-USPOL, any others? I'm gonna do some poking, I miss the thread too.
me but

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Make all the posters IKs honestly. We will police our own.
is right, let's revisit mad

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cease to Hope posted:

i stopped posting because the lunch rush hit, quality will approve soon

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Cease to Hope posted:

not that mine are better

Comrade!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Buckle up buckaroo, you haven't seen anything yet compared to the closed thread we all come from. We will show you the true depths of terrible posting, and you will be unable to look away.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Buckle up buckaroo, you haven't seen anything yet compared to the closed thread we all come from. We will show you the true depths of terrible posting, and you will be unable to look away.

yeah, wait until the weekend when we're not punctuating our timesheets with posts

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think making everybody an IK in a thread as soon as they post some amount of times in it would probably break the forums at some software level, but if not it could be very funny and possibly even worth the trouble it would cause

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I think making everybody an IK in a thread as soon as they post some amount of times in it would probably break the forums at some software level, but if not it could be very funny and possibly even worth the trouble it would cause

Astral made it perfectly clear that if I did anything even remotely close to even crude automation I'd be atomized with extreme prejudice so I can promise that won't happen

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
the matty glesias sperm av makes me very uncomfortable

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Well I'm not unseeing that, thanks Fritz

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Epic High Five posted:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lib and let die posted:

Astral made it perfectly clear that if I did anything even remotely close to even crude automation I'd be atomized with extreme prejudice so I can promise that won't happen

What

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Making any sort of automation against the puny forums infrastructure would result in its demise most likely.

Look I just want to make a few hundred GET and POST request a minute, what could the harm be.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Yo I’m down

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

the matty glesias sperm av makes me very uncomfortable

My t-shirt about my fandom explains the questions posed etc.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Setting up a bot with pyautogui on a virtual machine somewhere falls decisively under Forums Fuckery, and hell, I'm not one to argue.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Pretty sure most HTTP scrapers would allow you throttle it to “average human clicking” speed which it wouldn’t need to be faster than for any fun purpose

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

selec posted:

Pretty sure most HTTP scrapers would allow you throttle it to “average human clicking” speed which it wouldn’t need to be faster than for any fun purpose

I'm actually surprised I didn't get hit with something when I used Excel/PowerQuery to scrape the leper's colony back to however many pages it keeps in live records. When I said something about setting up a python bot to hit the probation button on a post every 6 hours for a perfect chainprobe Astral was very clear in his manner of getting "absolutely NOT" across

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Leon if you want to pay cash money for a game then superhero league of Hoboken is on gog.

No idea if the humor holds up though. Or the game play.