Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I wonder how Galactus would fare if only the locations were ruined, invalidating them for scoring, but leaving any cards in play for the sake of ongoing effects. Might give Super Skrull an actual niche. Not saying I've thought about it a lot, but one of my least favorite things is how much free advantage you get for Death and Knull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Toebone posted:

Sort > Upgradable

Is that new? I swear that wasn't there before.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

Is that new? I swear that wasn't there before.

It's "new to you" and isn't that truly all that really matters?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Have any of you Shuri-havers had the chance to play with Sauron? A Shuri deck took me to infinite this season, and obtaining that big ol Pteranodon seems like a logical progression for that deck archetype to take.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

buffalo all day posted:

i figured it probably had something to do with zola. what an mvp card. i almost dont like dropping BP because it puts people's antennaes up for zola. but no one ever sees zola on dino coming. Just hit 90. god drat sean you a fool for this one

Cool. Glad it's working out. My only two selfish things on this: 1) I wanted to hit infinite quick (3-sh days) without mirror competition; I did share my list previously but not the writup) 2) I will not be posting this on Reddit or anywhere else to keep a bit of containment on it for the overall meta.

edit: 3) the appreciation, I guess, too.

OTOH I don't mind giving out cubes now that I'm infinite to random users to make their time a little more fun.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Have any of you Shuri-havers had the chance to play with Sauron? A Shuri deck took me to infinite this season, and obtaining that big ol Pteranodon seems like a logical progression for that deck archetype to take.

I'm looking forward to it but I don't have it yet.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 10, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why is ego a thing. seems like it just ruins a game every now and then

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

but it ruins it fairly (:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

The Sean posted:

I'm looking forward to it but I don't have it yet.

I am as well! The other card I have been considering for that deck is Ghost. I feel like Ghost may be the better buy, since it is applicable to more decks “and” helps out the Shuri decks by making it harder for them to get hit by Shang-Chi

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ghost is going to be a staple in so many decks going forward

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I pretty much always want prio. I encourage everyone to run ghosty.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I don’t have Shuri, but I’ve literally seen Sauron in a game once since he was released

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Going to balance out my bitching a bit by saying how much fun I’ve had with MODOK. It’s really renewed my enjoyment of the game and I’ve never felt confident in snapping and retreating as I have this season so far.

I Mained sera surfer the past two seasons and make mid 90s with pretty boring deck but this one I’m not caring nearly as much about climbing

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He's really freaking good. Yoir red skull, lizard, ebony maw, etc etc are all pre-zeroed. Huge improvement to your shuriless draws.

the_american_dream posted:

Going to balance out my bitching a bit by saying how much fun I’ve had with MODOK. It’s really renewed my enjoyment of the game and I’ve never felt confident in snapping and retreating as I have this season so far.

I Mained sera surfer the past two seasons and make mid 90s with pretty boring deck but this one I’m not caring nearly as much about climbing
This season is really fun I agree! Its amazing to me how bad zabu was for the game.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Just got Kingpin. Please don’t high five me all at once y’all. I know you’re jealous.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JackDarko posted:

Just got Kingpin. Please don’t high five me all at once y’all. I know you’re jealous.

Kingpin is a fav of mine, pair him with aero or magneto (or even polaris) and stomp the poo poo out of suckers on t6.

I was just thinking today he’s be quite effective against the dracula heavy decks you see a lot of paired with magneto.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

JackDarko posted:

drop cloak t5 and then kingpin on 6 as a little landmine for your opponents. someone did this to me once and i've never forgotten it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

drop cloak t5 and then kingpin on 6 as a little landmine for your opponents. someone did this to me once and i've never forgotten it

I once dropped him in the left lane against a movement deck expecting the heimdall and he stomped out 4 cards one after another, it was glorious.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think kingpin could fit a sera surfer that runs aero and juggernaut. I wont play it myself tho because I only play dino decks.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

I once dropped him in the left lane against a movement deck expecting the heimdall and he stomped out 4 cards one after another, it was glorious.

:hai: quoting this so i remember to run kingpin when they make new york a featured location

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

He's really freaking good. Yoir red skull, lizard, ebony maw, etc etc are all pre-zeroed. Huge improvement to your shuriless draws.

This season is really fun I agree! Its amazing to me how bad zabu was for the game.

Would purging Ebony Maw's ongoing allow him to be played after turn 3?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

:hai: quoting this so i remember to run kingpin when they make new york a featured location

Yeah he rules there too, but you need priority! Or just drop him there ahead of time most people forget :haw:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Sandwolf posted:

I just got Bast which is sick because apparently she’s mad useful, but uhhhh, in what?
I just got her this morning as well. I got Valkyrie a few days ago too. I've never tried a Cerebro deck before, but it seems like the game really wants me to make one.

Any other cards that work really well in a deck like that? I do have Mystique. Not sure if there are any less obvious cards I should throw in there.

Jokymi fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 10, 2023

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Would purging Ebony Maw's ongoing allow him to be played after turn 3?

normally no because that part of the card is not an ongoing effect, but Sauron removes all abilities from Ongoing cards (which Ebony Maw is)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Kaddish posted:

Yeah, C3 with Valkrie and Bast. Can't wait to get Bast as I have Valkrie already.
I just got both of these and Bast is way more useful. The "Big turn 6" decks are now "HUGE turn six" decks with the leader nerf. It is hard to lose priority to those in a situation where Wasp-1 drop-Valkyrie will turn things around. Bast makes Iron Man into Mystique a very powerful alternative when red skull, soul stone, or locations make Cerebro dicey. Valkyrie does nothing to Dino, buffs darkhawk and morbius, so there are situations where she is worse than just playing Sentinel much less two 3 power cards (or Mystique + another card).

Basically decks dodging Shang Chi with Priority dodge Valkyrie also for free. I'm considering Invisble Woman in C3 because Valkyrie after the last turn would be Actually Good.

Speaking of: unnerf leader. I don't even own him, he just made the meta less turn 6 heavy. I shouldn't have to retreat because I didn't predict the Shuri lane with Cosmo after Sunspot pass pass.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i got hit by my first mr. negative galactus deck. that was a surprise on t5!

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Yes! I dropped 6k tokens on him and don't regret it, but....

He is a side grade to the deck at best. I now belive he's possibly even downgrade.

The thing is he opens up some lines of play that let you win shuriless games, but he turns off two very important cards that you will miss (unless you don't play them to begin with)

Those cards are armor and cosmo.

I kind of feel like the deck doesn't need more consistency in making two 30ish power lanes. It needs more consistency in protecting that game plan.

I'm kind of a weirdo though in that I don't like running Zola. My deck is Iceman, Sunspot, armor, lizard, Mr F, cosmo, shuri, skull, aero, task, SH, and Chavez.

Instead of going for a task or zola play turn 6, I like playing for a Task or SH/Aero play.

I feel like Shuri enables the deck but Aero turn 6 just wins games.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 10, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

kaschei posted:

I just got both of these and Bast is way more useful. The "Big turn 6" decks are now "HUGE turn six" decks with the leader nerf. It is hard to lose priority to those in a situation where Wasp-1 drop-Valkyrie will turn things around. Bast makes Iron Man into Mystique a very powerful alternative when red skull, soul stone, or locations make Cerebro dicey. Valkyrie does nothing to Dino, buffs darkhawk and morbius, so there are situations where she is worse than just playing Sentinel much less two 3 power cards (or Mystique + another card).

Basically decks dodging Shang Chi with Priority dodge Valkyrie also for free. I'm considering Invisble Woman in C3 because Valkyrie after the last turn would be Actually Good.

Speaking of: unnerf leader. I don't even own him, he just made the meta less turn 6 heavy. I shouldn't have to retreat because I didn't predict the Shuri lane with Cosmo after Sunspot pass pass.
Old leader didnt help vs shuri. Taskmaster's on reveal always goes off resetting its power. Shuri is so hosed because if you try to block the shuri with cosmo you literally just lose if you miss because they'll just red skull the cosmo lane and theres no way to beat that.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t have Shuri, but I’ve literally seen Sauron in a game once since he was released

I saw a guy (who was rank 260 yesterday?!?) use him and Shuri and it made me realize that he turns off _all_ abilities in both your deck AND your hand for cards that have ongoing. That seems broken as hell for Red Skull, Mary, ... and Ebony Maw who turns into a straight 7 power for 1 energy, playable whenever you want.

It's going to be very hard to resist getting him if he shows up in my shop before Thanos.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

buffalo all day posted:

i got hit by my first mr. negative galactus deck. that was a surprise on t5!

I dont know why that's not a more common combo since his nerf. Paired with spidey and prof, of course.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

GarudaPrime posted:

Yes! I dropped 6k tokens on him and don't regret it, but....

He is a side grade to the deck at best. I now belive he's possibly even downgrade.

The thing is he opens up some lines of play that let you win shuriless games, but he turns off two very important cards that you will miss (unless you don't play them to begin with)

Those cards are armor and cosmo.

I kind of feel like the deck doesn't need more consistency in making two 30ish power lanes. It needs more consistency in protecting that game plan.

I'm kind of a weirdo though in that I don't like running Zola. My deck is Iceman, Sunspot, armor, lizard, Mr F, cosmo, shuri, skull, aero, task, SH, and Chavez.

Instead of going for a task or zola play turn 6, I like playing for a Task or SH/Aero play.

I feel like Shuri enables the deck but Aero turn 6 just wins games.

The lack of Cosmo or Armor is what makes me hesitant about pulling the trigger (thanks for the great response, by the way!). It sounds like my deck is more aggressive than yours, but even still, not having Cosmo as my safety blanket would take some getting used to.

Aero and She Hulk as a turn six play is very interesting! I fell into a groove pretty fast with my deck, so I didn’t do much experimenting with it while I climbed. Now that I am infinite I’ll give that a shot! I used Captain Marvel in my list, mainly because I had never used the card before - but also because I wanted a way to reach lanes outside of a super telegraphed Armon Zola. I think that Vision is probably the better card for that, but I am not good enough at the game to micromanage him haha.

My list was:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Zero
# (1) Titania
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Doctor Octopus
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEb2N0b3JPY3RvcHVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9XX0=
#

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uXs posted:

I saw a guy (who was rank 260 yesterday?!?) use him and Shuri and it made me realize that he turns off _all_ abilities in both your deck AND your hand for cards that have ongoing. That seems broken as hell for Red Skull, Mary, ... and Ebony Maw who turns into a straight 7 power for 1 energy, playable whenever you want.

It's going to be very hard to resist getting him if he shows up in my shop before Thanos.
Yeah if you have the other pieces he’s really good for that kind of deck

Also Maximus would not let the opponent draw 2

And Attuma, who I pulled recently would no longer destroy itself

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

watching someone aero your zola on t6 is an incredible feeling

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just had a Spectrum ongoing zoo deck fill Raft, and their "random" card was... also spectrum. Cool.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i'm still in pool 2 but i keep getting matched against this guy with a wong that he always has on turn 4

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i'm still in pool 2 but i keep getting matched against this guy with a wong that he always has on turn 4

collection level is only part of what goes into determining matchups and there's no segregation by pool access, so end of pool 2/start of pool 3 can have some real "well gently caress me I guess" moments against people who opened well (or tanked MMR)

but wong matches up poorly vs. any interaction whatsoever, so if you keep seeing it just slot Cosmo or Enchantress

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

FlamingLiberal posted:

He doesn't work for Maximus or Atuma they aren't ongoing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Maximus and Attuma are not Ongoing cards so they wouldn't get silenced.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

lol. Peak swapped power on Jubilee. Pulled down Infinaut. Turn 3 they play wave and I say gently caress it to 50:50 Infinaut and Jubilee for Zola. Zola grabs Jubilee who pulls down Panther and Devil Dino. Bifrost moves my Jubilees into the Panther lane and Infinaut, Devil Dino and Zola into the same lane. Turn 5 I drop Shuri at which point my opponent had seen enough just before I could Odin the chonky boy lane but after we had both snapped.

This game is so dumb sometimes.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I love how Attilan is not just one of the worst locations, but it also straight up breaks the game when it triggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Because Ego means you snap. It's Rule 0.

JackDarko posted:

Kingpin is great. I have a Sera deck built around him and Cloak and Aero. It's not the most powerful, but it's fun.