Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

he’s from the tellius games (9,10)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8NBh1DIcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FefldfuVtnk

lol

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

I love the vibe that all these people are trying to be friends with Soren and he is just annoyed by them not leaving him alone. Popular against his will.

They really captured his personality perfectly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Soren hates and honest I love that for him.

Also he doesn't call anyone subhuman in this game (that I know of) so that's a plus.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hellioning posted:

Soren hates and honest I love that for him.

Also he doesn't call anyone subhuman in this game (that I know of) so that's a plus.

I don't remember, does Soren ever get to find out his own backstory or is it all cutscenes of people musing offscreen about "that guy looked familiar, could he be... nah".

I know one part involves making him fight his own mother in a type matchup that would almost certainly get him killed unless you're carefully doing it on purpose because you heard it did something.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I don't remember, does Soren ever get to find out his own backstory or is it all cutscenes of people musing offscreen about "that guy looked familiar, could he be... nah".

I know one part involves making him fight his own mother in a type matchup that would almost certainly get him killed unless you're carefully doing it on purpose because you heard it did something.

No, he never finds out.

Also, the spoiler has nothing to do with his backstory. In fact, no one fights his mother at all, she's all cutscenes.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If the other DLCs continuing adding things like this.. this game loving rules i love it

At chap 8, with all the DLC emblems the whole party/game is so much better

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hellioning posted:

No, he never finds out.

Also, the spoiler has nothing to do with his backstory. In fact, no one fights his mother at all, she's all cutscenes.

Huh, I wonder what I'm remembering then? I know there's some plot conversation you can get that requires throwing a very squishy person against a very strong opponent.

It's been far too long since I played those games.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

More or less. A lot of Soren's backstory is reading between the lines and viewing conversations with people while Soren is not present. Ike and Micaiah kinda find out a few things while talking with Almedha, Soren's biological mother. But Soren himself never gets the explicit truth that he's Ashnard's son told to him. Also, I don't believe you ever fight Almedha, since she's depowered and cannot transform into her dragon form due to loving Ashnard. You might be thinking of yeeting Pelleas at Soren, which requires a NG+ run to even attempt because saving Pelleas is locked behind NG+.

E:f,b

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bruceski posted:

Huh, I wonder what I'm remembering then? I know there's some plot conversation you can get that requires throwing a very squishy person against a very strong opponent.

That's Ike. And it's only "squishy" because, well, the enemy is the black knight long before you're supposed to be fighting him.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat the new update broke the adult Anna mod
https://gamebanana.com/mods/425106

I'm really not into the anime kid fascination stuff so this sucks. Guess she's sidelined for now

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Barreft posted:

drat the new update broke the adult Anna mod
https://gamebanana.com/mods/425106

I'm really not into the anime kid fascination stuff so this sucks. Guess she's sidelined for now

... there's an adult Anna mod?

Truly goty

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

General Jade has been pretty disappointing on my end. Might need to reclass her for my second playthrough.

I gave her Boots and she is great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Supremezero posted:

... there's an adult Anna mod?

Truly goty

There's a ton of mods. Somniel Rebalanced is great

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bruceski posted:

The steps for the scene are make Soren fight Micaiah in 3-7, don't kill Pelleas (making this second playthrough or later only), make Soren fight Pelleas in 3-Final, and keep both Soren and Pelleas alive until the end of the game.

Like Supremezero said, you may be thinking of making Ike fight the Black Knight in a map where he's liable to die, because Radiant Dawn is the game full of obscure lore bits that are basically designed to just be looked up online later.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Ashnard also gives a whole speech about his motivations if you let him attack Reyson in Path of Radiance.

It's not particularly thrilling (he's a big time Social Darwinist), but I don't remember it coming up anywhere else.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hellioning posted:

The steps for the scene are make Soren fight Micaiah in 3-7, don't kill Pelleas (making this second playthrough or later only), make Soren fight Pelleas in 3-Final, and keep both Soren and Pelleas alive until the end of the game.

Like Supremezero said, you may be thinking of making Ike fight the Black Knight in a map where he's liable to die, because Radiant Dawn is the game full of obscure lore bits that are basically designed to just be looked up online later.

I think it was either that or Pelleas. Over the years it had just shifted as memories do and now ran face-first into "that didn't happen" whiplash.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Barreft posted:

There's a ton of mods. Somniel Rebalanced is great

And yet no randomizer yet. I may have to do it manually for my next playthrough when the final DLC comes out.

Bruceski posted:

I think it was either that or Pelleas. Over the years it had just shifted as memories do and now ran face-first into "that didn't happen" whiplash.

Palleas is an enemy when you fight him, and I'm pretty sure Soren, at base, could survive him just fine for one fight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's mods that remove the star from yunaka's face and the marks from Pannette's face because freakos

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Technically getting Soren in range to fight Micaiah if you don’t have a siege tome at hand puts him at risk of getting attacked by the BK if he hasn’t moved yet but you can also rescue and sing chain him out of there after attacking her if that’s the case.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The boss of chapter 20 suicided on me before I could finish looting all the chests in his room. :(

Other note:

On the one hand, I was not expecting Entrap staves to return, far less on a fog map.

On the other hand, for a mage to Entrap Chloe is a real 'you're locked in here with me' move. :v:

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 11, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The only problem with the Pelleas fight is getting to him before the kill count ends the map, since he’s all the way into the corner on the opposite side of the starting zone. You can still do it if you have a trained Soren and are very aggressive with your advance though. The actually fight is lol between Soren’s probable speed, resistance, the fact wind is so much lighter than dark tomes, and the fact that the magic triangle means barely anything.

That said you can also be smarter than I normally am and save two uses of Calil’s Meteor tome to make your life easier for both conversations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

The boss of chapter 20 suicided on me before I could finish looting all the chests in his room. :(

Lmao classic Griss

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tae posted:

There's mods that remove the star from yunaka's face and the marks from Pannette's face because freakos

Whoever made those two are complete psychos

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I gave her Boots and she is great.

As did I, which is doubling my disappointment.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Harrow posted:

Lmao classic Griss

That and you can't move into tiles you don't have vision on in fog maps. Sigurd boosted Chloe got the chests on one side of the room, but my plan of luring him away from the gang that turn with Jade didn't work and instead he targeted Merrin who promptly critted his face off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tae posted:

jesus christ

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tae posted:

The people who made these mods should go to jail.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These are people to whom Charlie Brown is peak character design.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

As did I, which is doubling my disappointment.

Mine has insane defense and loves to crit with Killer Axe. Steel Greataxe is also good for her.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

inc NSFW

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
reported

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
are panette's face things tattoos or makeup

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Barreft posted:

inc NSFW

:mods:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

This is NOT zappy

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm only the messenger!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok, I'm on chapter ten and this game has been giving me a weird vibe. The emblems are sentient, right? Marth must have gone insane waiting a thousand years for me to wake up. Ouch. Are they prisoners? Like did we summon the original or a copy from their other works? But also do they want to go back? But also the protagonist sees them as objects, so maybe they're just like star wars droids. And when they're all kidnapped he says give them back, back like objects. Anyways, the fell drain took my rings but not my bracelets so maybe I'll stop kill'em all anyways that's my first take with only half paying attention. I've adopted like fifteen dogs. They give me steel.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Emblem Marth, to be clear.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok, I'm on chapter ten and this game has been giving me a weird vibe. The emblems are sentient, right? Marth must have gone insane waiting a thousand years for me to wake up. Ouch. Are they prisoners? Like did we summon the original or a copy from their other works? But also do they want to go back? But also the protagonist sees them as objects, so maybe they're just like star wars droids. And when they're all kidnapped he says give them back, back like objects. Anyways, the fell drain took my rings but not my bracelets so maybe I'll stop kill'em all anyways that's my first take with only half paying attention. I've adopted like fifteen dogs. They give me steel.

"I've adopted like fifteen dogs. They give me steel." is the Engage point tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Emblems are sentient, not prisoners, and not the original, they're a copy.