Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'll be interested to see if The Batman 2 keeps with the idea that Batman should scare criminals, not children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Plantasm is now on HBO Max.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Al Pacino just going full absolute ham in the Dick Tracy movie was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-Z2hEQV7Q

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

I'll be interested to see if The Batman 2 keeps with the idea that Batman should scare criminals, not children.

I dunno, I have a hard time getting excited about The Batman: Part II (that's its official title) if it means we get Barry Keoghan as The Joker. I just have less than zero interest in that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought this was a joke post about the last time he did the exact same goddamn thing.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Real sad to learn right now that I do not get the Turner Classic Movies channel.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Avenue 5 is officially canceled.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Timby posted:

:smith:

In my head, Avenue 5 will forever be the prequel to the events in Raised By Wolves.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Shame, but at least it ended fairly well.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wait, so was the last season the last? That’s crazy!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Crap but inevitable.

I had my beef with some of the second season, got a bit too sitcommy at times, but when it was on the show was something special.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Timby posted:

:smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Timby posted:

GODDAMNIT, WARNER BROS.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I finally decide to sit down and start watching Players on P+ only to find they pulled it earlier this week.

What is the loving point of all these services.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 11, 2023

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Arousing a denial kink.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait they did? I can’t find any news about it. That fuckin sucks.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/JacobWolf/status/1621664617289113600?s=20

Ugh. Didn't really expect a renewal but it still sucks.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
Didn't they put Players on Youtube to try to drum up some last minute interest before a renewal decision?

Or am I thinking of some other show?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

(the quote begins with "I'll never understand how you two" referring to Frasier and Niles)

How on Earth is the new Frasier show going to capture this?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It isn't. It's going to be incredibly bad and embarrassing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

feedmyleg posted:

It isn't. It's going to be incredibly bad and embarrassing.

It's this.

But also, Frasier's dad was an astronaut?

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Martin was pretending to be an astronaut for farcical reasons

He was a retired cop

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

While I liked this show, I'm not sure I give enough of a poo poo to finish out a canceled series:

quote:

The Nevers’ second half of the season had finished production and yet to air. While the show is still currently canceled, TVLine reports that the series will now be streaming on Tubi starting this Monday, February 13. The new run of episodes will start on February 14 and run through the following day, and you can see the air times down below:

2:38 pm ET The Nevers Ep 107 “It’s a Good Day” (Feb. 14)
3:46 pm ET The Nevers Ep 108 “I Don’t Know Enough About You” (Feb. 14)
4:47 pm ET The Nevers Ep 109 “Fever” (Feb. 14)
2:40 pm ET The Nevers Ep 110 “Alright, Okay, You Win” (Feb 15)
3:45 pm ET The Nevers Ep 111 “Ain’t We Got Fun” (Feb. 15)
4:50 pm ET The Nevers Ep 112 “I’ll Be Seeing You” (Feb. 15)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is such a fuckin weird time for TV. I liked the cast enough that I’ll at least give episode 7 a shot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

How the gently caress are normal people suppose to know this show that last aired over a year ago has new episodes on loving Tubi? It's so stupid.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I like the part where they are releasing eight episodes over two days instead of all at once.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

While I liked this show, I'm not sure I give enough of a poo poo to finish out a canceled series:

lmao this is some spiteful poo poo I haven't seen since networks were releasing shows they hated on Sat at 8pm

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
in other forgotten series news:

season 2 of carnival row starts next week, february 17th...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Luvcow posted:

in other forgotten series news:

season 2 of carnival row starts next week, february 17th...

Another series that has already been canceled.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They filmed it like two years ago as well. Probably not a good sign if it takes that long to come out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I’m watching Empire Strikes Back on TBS, and they had commercials for True Blood on TNT, and Silicon Valley on TBS. So I guess that’s one way HBO is making some money back.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 11, 2023

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Can’t imagine how much they butcher True Blood.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lmao this is some spiteful poo poo I haven't seen since networks were releasing shows they hated on Sat at 8pm

Yeah, that's some Futurama on at football o'clock on Sundays level bullshit.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have no interest in watching an hour drama on a service that has commercials.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminds me of the last two seasons of Korra where Nick just stopped airing season 3 moving it to only online and then just shoved season 4 on their website a month later.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Was this the Joss Whedon victorian hot ladies doing high kicks show that was retooled by someone else after he was revealed as a sexmonster?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

Was this the Joss Whedon victorian hot ladies doing high kicks show that was retooled by someone else after he was revealed as a sexmonster?

Yes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

I have no interest in watching an hour drama on a service that has commercials.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So when they put hbo stuff on tubi and other free platforms, do they cut out the boobs and wieners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Nevers was very much my jam, as all Whedon’s stuff is/was. But the show was never going to get renewed after the revelations about him, I’m just happy that the story will have an ending.