Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The continuation to "Uh wtf?"
is
"Why are these cards so over-costed? Is the rest of this miniset going to be designed to be this ultra-safe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe it’s their way of giving control Warrior a (janky, unreliable) way to win games?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
BOOMZOOKA SPELL HUNTER TIME BABY

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

proving grounds dh

run no other real minions, have proving grounds and abyssal depths

EZ

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
yeah I bring up wild because there are lots of ways to cheat minions out early, summon minions out of deck, kill your own minions, and do it all in a way that's very uninteractive lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is any class gonna find this combo easier to pull off than Mecha'Thun? I'm not seeing it

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Zerek's Cloning Gallery's time to shine...?

Probably not but it'll be fun to try at least once

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Starsfan posted:

https://twitter.com/ZeddyHS/status/1623759166358831105

so what's the earliest that a deck is going to be able to pull off this insta win combo in wild lol

Turn 6 Maxima Blastenheimer pulls and kills Rivendare
Turn 7 Flark's Boom-zooka does the OTK

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
the story of a game that effectively ended on turn 3

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Starsfan posted:

so what's the earliest that a deck is going to be able to pull off this insta win combo in wild lol

Time for some hot hot Quest Fel Lord/Plot Twist action.

Edit: Reno DR Demon Hunter maybe?

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 10, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Starsfan posted:

as the comments point out, even in standard, proving grounds, front lines, and from de other side all synergize with these in some jank-rear end sense. definitely gonna try it lmao

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My prediction is it is going to be terrible in standard and maybe will show up in one or two decent decks in wild. In wild I don't know if it is better than other already existing OTKs like Mechathun or some druid BS, which is why I'm skeptical.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unbearably slow if they're not cheated out but Proving Grounds or Front lines could work I guess. Biggest issue will be drawing Rivendare early and it not getting silenced. Even then I don't think it's a particularly good win condition

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Looks like more Silence effects are on the menu, boys.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

RatHat posted:

Unbearably slow if they're not cheated out but Proving Grounds or Front lines could work I guess. Biggest issue will be drawing Rivendare early and it not getting silenced. Even then I don't think it's a particularly good win condition

yeah I mean I can't see it making any sort of impact in standard as things stand now.. Shaman devolve effects are on obvious counter too. At the same time the thing is even if the card is bad now, all it takes is for them to give a non minion DH deck a biiiit more support and then suddenly they have a way to get this done quickly and consistently.. it's always the poo poo that comes along after you have to worry about (aka the Maestra paradigm)

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just climbed to legend with that shadow priest I posted earlier. It ended up being really strong against everything but burgle rogue.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I asked a friend who loves breaking poo poo like that 4 card OTK deathrattle bullshit and their reply was:

Turn 6: Guy
Turn 7: Boomzooka
Gg
Otherwise spells only

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
1 mana 1/3 amalgam.

1 MANA AMALGAM.

this isn't going to cause problems.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Olpainless posted:

1 mana 1/3 amalgam.

1 MANA AMALGAM.

this isn't going to cause problems.

Well at least the card is aptly named.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*blows dust off all the sunken city tribal decks*

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is my current favorite fun deck, and as an added bonus? It does a good job of winning. Currently 5-2 with it:

### EGGZILERATING!!!!
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 1x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Spawn of N'Zoth
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Terrorscale Stalker
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 2x (4) Meat Wagon
# 1x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Vectus
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
#
AAEBAa/XAwj7DpzNAvD1AtS6A4rSA+XvA9uRBLCTBQvHD42vAqvCAtjCAqvQAvKWA8X7A5T8A6mfBNGgBKCZBQA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

mcbexx posted:

Well at least the card is aptly named.
I have actually watched Lycan Colony, not just the internet videos about Lycan Colony, and I very nearly died laughing when I finally saw this card.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, Wild is already broken once the mini-set comes out, pending nerfs to this new Mind Sear card (deal 3 to enemy minion instead of hero or deal 2 damage to enemy only) or Radiant Elemental eating a "don't reduce below (1)" nerf. I guess buffing Test Subject to 3 health would also work.

Radiant Elemental, Test Subject, Embalming Ritual and Mind Sear on Test Subject, repeat until enemy hero is dead.

Switcheroo to tutor minions apparently is banned, thanks for pointing that out. Replace with Insight. Thrive in the shadows and Shadow Visions to get the spells quicker.
Fill with draw and control spells.

Absolut best case? Turn 2 lethal.
But I doubt you can pull it off before the rope runs out.

If you have any heroic bosses that still need defeating, get cracking on the 14th before they nerf the combo.

Something like this (+2x Mind Sear of course)?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 11, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Well, Wild is already broken once the mini-set comes out, pending nerfs to this new Mind Sear card (deal 3 to enemy minion instead of hero or deal 2 damage to enemy only) or Radiant Elemental eating a "don't reduce below (1)" nerf. I guess buffing Test Subject to 3 health would also work.

Radiant Elemental, Test Subject, Reborn and Mind Sear on Test Subject, repeat until enemy hero is dead.

Switcheroo to tutor minions, Thrive in the shadows to get the spells faster.

Switcheroo is banned, thankfully.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Radiant Elemental, Test Subject, Embalming Ritual and Mind Sear on Test Subject, repeat until enemy hero is dead.

Switcheroo to tutor minions apparently is banned, thanks for pointing that out. Replace with Insight. Thrive in the shadows and Shadow Visions to get the spells quicker.

But I doubt you can pull it off before the rope runs out.

If you have any heroic bosses that still need defeating, get cracking on the 14th before they nerf the combo.

Something like this (+2x Mind Sear of course)?

if they hadnt nerfed Priestess Valishj it would've technically been possible to OTK on turn 1 wouldn't it?

lol

lmao

(incredibly rare, hand+top deck would've needed to be literally perfect)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mind Sear should probably specify enemy minion

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Color Printer posted:

Mind Sear should probably specify enemy minion

Yeah, it needs to be this.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Or just delete Test Subject, the actual problem card here.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Been on a break from the game for a few months but Control Priest (or just "Priest") is kind of nonexistent right now, correct? This seems like one of those cards that will be great if the deck becomes relevant but isn't enough to turn it on on its own.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

and the claw won! posted:

You aren't wrong, but is it worth it to let this card target enemies from a gamefeel perspective? It gives aggro priest more reach, but is "if you didn't want their aggro deck to have 3-6 more burn damage, you shouldn't have let them have so many two-health minions on board" just kicking people while they're down?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

and the claw won! posted:

Test Subject did nothing wrong.

goferchan posted:

Been on a break from the game for a few months but Control Priest (or just "Priest") is kind of nonexistent right now, correct? This seems like one of those cards that will be great if the deck becomes relevant but isn't enough to turn it on on its own.

It's a fairly solid card. I can see this making Reno decks.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I saw Cannibalize and thought it said "friendly minion" and it seemed terrible.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Chernabog posted:

Yea, same.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t think the dk colossal is that bad, it’s prolly a buff to rng colossals. Rune restrictions on set cycles seems really dumb though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Chernabog posted:

To be fair, you would expect a card named 'cannibalize' to destroy friendly minions

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Idk feels like a worse drown. Maybe when desperate prayer rotates but right now priests aren’t exactly hurting for healing

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Idk feels like a worse drown. Maybe when desperate prayer rotates but right now priests aren’t exactly hurting for healing

The main upside I've heard is that it's a big chunk of healing on a Shadow spell, so it could be interesting if you wanted to make a more control-oriented Shadow Priest deck.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Got my 500 Ranked wins in with both Shaman and Warrior this morning yay! Only 8 more classes to go.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Congrats! I also got a golden class today, that being Mage. I already have Rogue and Priest, and Shaman will be next - but not for a while, I still have like 180 wins to go on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I have 500+ with hunter and rogue, I think I'm about 450 with shaman, and somehow I have over 200 with priest. A year ago I had like 20 priest wins, but Naga and shadow priest have been fun for me.