Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Shazback posted:

I wonder if Twitter is selling "+ reply/retweet by Musk" to try to bring back advertisers
pay 150% for elon not to reply to your ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shazback posted:

I wonder if Twitter is selling "+ reply/retweet by Musk" to try to bring back advertisers

Why the gently caress would that bring anyone back??

e: yeah, see above

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Entropic posted:

Did anything actually happen with this or did he forget about it already?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621544497388875777?s=20

Does this mean you can tweet ads at your own tweet and make money off of it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
*mobile game of Dude running around shooting zombies depending on how well you do math*

Elon: "I suck at this ghem, can you do bettah?"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Nice promotional campaign you got going on there. Would sure be a shame if a certain CEO replied to it...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lol at Elon Mr Burns-style firing people who tell him the truth

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

*mobile game of Dude running around shooting zombies depending on how well you do math*

Elon: "I suck at this ghem, can you do bettah?"

Dude's gonna be hawking dick pills before the month is out.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Shazback posted:

Slowly but surely, Elon spends $44B to use Twitter's backend to reinvent the Jeremy Renner app

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Yep, we are rapidly approaching the moment where he orders the last remaining Twitter staffers to hop into the desktop model-sized replica Telsa on his nightstand with him at gunpoint so they can drive off into the sunset and escape the burning wreckage of Twitter, and when they try to explain to him it's physically impossible he shoots them all blows off his own hand because Tesla made the gun.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Slowly but surely, Elon spends $44B to use Twitter's backend to reinvent the Jeremy Renner app

he's gonna reinvent the Corey Hotline but for Elon

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Keep pissing piss baby

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624438288898744328?s=20&t=SS_d7JdsaR1rRa_lXiGrhA

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I am so glad stupid people have the uncontrollable urge to voice their opinions.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

spunkshui posted:

I am so glad stupid people have the uncontrollable urge to voice their opinions.

I know I do. :haw:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah. That "earthquake" in "Turkey"? FAKE NEWS.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

spunkshui posted:

That's the one redeemable feature of Twitter: giving an outlet for stupid people to demonstrate their stupidity.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ha, plebs. The truly enlightened like myself passively believe the press

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That's the one redeemable feature of Twitter: giving an outlet for stupid people to demonstrate their stupidity.
But I post on here.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

"News" articles uncritically praising Musk & Tesla = integrity personified
Anything remotely critical of Musk or Tesla = corrupt, fake news

Besides that why would any automotive brand advertise on Twitter when Musk boosts any Tesla praising post?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Drive away the press, that for sure will get new people to come to twitter.com

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Just noticed there's a "verified " tab on notifications now because likes from blue users are inherently better

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kazil posted:

Drive away the press, that for sure will get new people to come to twitter.com

Elon wants a new press, ones that believe Paul Pelosi was having an affair with a gay space alien.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

y'all misunderstand, this is actually meant to be praise

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

If your passive disbelief stat is higher than the press' spellcasting save DC do they disappear

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ashmole posted:

Just noticed there's a "verified " tab on notifications now because likes from blue users are inherently better

segregating people by colour, classic elon

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

oh no! not The Press. good thing twitter is here to shovel the steaming, runny truth down out throats.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

an assistant had to physically restrain Elon from using the word 'sheeple' in this tweet

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1624170153171640366?s=46&t=UUOenXRbXGx9KMN7_1ZyBQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ashmole posted:

:smugdog:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

I appreciate more and more media consistently making Musk the archetype for their villains.

.random
May 7, 2007

Entropic posted:

Did anything actually happen with this or did he forget about it already?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621544497388875777?s=20

Oh wait…

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/Jon_Christian/status/1624237114496884737
Elon heard you saying he couldn't get more pathetic and decided to prove you wrong! He's now trying to draw people to ads by reply-guying with his patented meme-power and driving up engagement. Press the heart!

…this suddenly makes sense now. He’s not trying to drive up engagement, he just reread his own tweet and realized as a “creator,” he would get to share in the profits for ads in his reply threads. And what’s an easier way to get ads in your reply thread than by replying to them yourself? :aaaaa:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How long before Elon is having to post ads for Raid: Shadow Legends for his advertisments

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Nowher posted:

I was reading reddit and someone posted a comment comparing an out-of-touch Youtuber to Elon.
It was a simple one sentence comment and the replies they got from elonstans were so hyper aggressive they were bordering on parody. Multiple paragraphs written defending his honor.

What the gently caress is wrong with these weirdos? It's very cult like behaviour.

They want to be a billionaire tech bro nothing more. And if Elon Musk isn't the person they envisioned and talked up so goddamn much then apparently there is no good tech bro billionaire in the world and their dream is forever crushed because for some reason they think they will somehow become a billionaire starting with no wealth and without the ruthlessness and luck it takes to get to that level.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

so if we all reply to ad tweets we get stock in the company?

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Does this mean you can tweet ads at your own tweet and make money off of it?

I'd say that there is a high probability that very little though has been given to how this will work in practice. I'm pretty sure most employees at Twitter find out about Elon's promises about new features or rule changes with the same tweets as the rest of us.

At most, Elon will probably just pop by some random office on Monday and go "You guys are in charge of paying creators their share of ad revenue." to the dozen or so people working there before moving on to his next idea. Let them worry about the unimportant details like figuring out how much to send and where to send it. "Just figure something out, but make it fast. I told Catturd that he could expect his first payment in a week or two."

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Catturd lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how could it be anything else?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Castor Poe posted:

Catturd lol

Highly appropriate that the man himself is the platonic ideal of "your racist Facebook uncle".

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

How long before Elon is having to post ads for Raid: Shadow Legends for his advertisments

Elon undoing the buttons on his shirt: "cum plaay my laawd"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It'd be really funny if they remove blue ticks for everyone who doesnt subscribe and someone just makes a blocklist for them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That already exists.