Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

You can't hold back the cum that's comin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Kellies Nomination: Worst Two Things Happened

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Whats with all these filled condoms spilling over from Tijuana?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Why would Chinese Nationals come through the Mexico border instead of just arriving on the west coast? I mean I know Branco is just being his usual horribly racist rear end in a top hat self, but I can't for the life of me understand the thought process here. People from China arrive on the west coast all the time, and if they want to be here illegally, they'll just overstay their visa.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dirk the Average posted:

Why would Chinese Nationals come through the Mexico border instead of just arriving on the west coast? I mean I know Branco is just being his usual horribly racist rear end in a top hat self, but I can't for the life of me understand the thought process here. People from China arrive on the west coast all the time, and if they want to be here illegally, they'll just overstay their visa.

That doesn't fit with the image they want to project about dusky hordes swarming the border in a literal invasion.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak’s troubles with the Tories’ toxic past – Liz Truss has made a comeback while the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, praised Boris Johnson on a trip to the UK"

Telegraph:

"Hunt told he must cut taxes as recession avoided by thinnest of margins"

Independent:

Tory deputy chair Lee Anderson clashes with BBC presenter over fake doorstep chat After Gustave Doré.

The i paper:

Times:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Stultus Maximus posted:

That doesn't fit with the image they want to project about dusky hordes swarming the border in a literal invasion.

This.
All non-white foreigners are scary and monstrous inhumans and they're all conspiring against us, which is why it's completely logical in Branco's mind to believe that the Chinese, the Mexicans and the Arabs would all invade from one spot.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Also balloons come in via the US-mexico border, apparently

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Branco is also just breathtakingly stupid and probably doesn't actually know where the various Bad Countries are located.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If they just released another balloon every time it looked like our press or Congress was about to do actual reporting or governance, it would probably cripple us as a nation. Would probably result in furiously incoherent comics including gas stoves keeping a balloon aloft but it keeps bumping up against the debt ceiling tho.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

No Blair Witch's Hat?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fister Roboto posted:

Thought this was gonna be yet another "those dastardly Chinese are spying on us with tiktok!!!"

Nah, it's their other go-to, "But what about big tech" (cus big tech is a liberal enclave, you see)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
What power specifically are politicians gaining from dealing with COVID that conservative politicians aren't gaining more of by opposing every mitigation effort?

It's just the power to... Suggest people wear a mask, but only if they want to. Goddamn that's scary stuff, rise of totalitarianism here.

Edit: typo

Adenoid Dan fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 11, 2023

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If we'd just ignored covid and done nothing about it it would have been over ages ago!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The fish is hovering above water, so I guess it means Atlanta is the only one with a chance to catch it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

John Deering

Oh no, not the MEIDCARE!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Twelve by Pies posted:

If we'd just ignored covid and done nothing about it it would have been over ages ago!

Just ignoring COVID and doing nothing is exactly what the US government is doing now, I don't know how they could possibly ignore it harder.

Like, the anti-mask people won and exactly what they wanted to happen has happened but they're still complaining about it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Mike Peters

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Isn't the bulk of California's electric problems the result of basically privatizing the utility? Funny how conservatives blame everything on "green policies" when it was the "free market" that hosed up by having the natural monopoly electric utility funnel all their cash into dividends for shareholders instead of building or maintaining the grid.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

AGC

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Indiana_Krom posted:

Isn't the bulk of California's electric problems the result of basically privatizing the utility?

The short answer is yes. The long answer is gently caress yes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I believe California has a single power company as a monopoly running stuff, and that has gone so well that one of their court cases required them to take out a full page ad apologizing to the people for what they did.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like, the anti-mask people won and exactly what they wanted to happen has happened but they're still complaining about it.
I remember them insisting for months "This is the new normal! This will NEVER go away! Mark my words, lockdowns and masks and restrictions will only get worse forever - they're NEVER taking them back!" And then it went away and they didn't miss a step.

As opposed to other sources of energy which do not require you to pay bills.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

And what was the purpose of the perfidious democrats having people wear masks forever for no reason?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

And what was the purpose of the perfidious democrats having people wear masks forever for no reason?

It was training.
See, first they condition us to wear the masks, and that makes us docile and obedient and then we will obey any future commands since we've already been trained to do what we're told.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I AM GRANDO posted:

Depends on the level of crazy you're talking to. More mainstream right wingers will say that the Dems were just doing it to get off on seeing that they had power over people, just doing it because they could and they liked seeing people "enslaved." Some of them also believe that it was a trial balloon the Dems were using to see how much they could get away with, like if the people had stood up for their freedoms and said "No more masks!" the Dems would've gone "Whoa okay they aren't listening, guess we need to rethink this taking over America stuff." But since people went along with it the Dems are now going "Okay now let's take away even more rights and liberties since they're clearly fine with it!"

The real crazies like Ben Garrison think that wearing masks cuts off oxygen to your brain, killing brain cells and making people dumber and more susceptible to being controlled.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I love that specific brand of crazy because it presupposes that oxygen molecules are these big ol’ chonky things that would be just bouncing off the mask like ping pong balls.

You can also tell they haven’t thought this through if they have curtains.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I love that specific brand of crazy because it presupposes that oxygen molecules are these big ol’ chonky things that would be just bouncing off the mask like ping pong balls.

You can also tell they haven’t thought this through if they have curtains.

Are there curtains in your house?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pants Donkey posted:

I believe California has a single power company as a monopoly running stuff, and that has gone so well that one of their court cases required them to take out a full page ad apologizing to the people for what they did.

There's more than one power company in the state (though usually there's only one in a given region) and some areas still have municipally-owned power plants but this is pretty much correct. PG&E sucks rear end and should be nationalized.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Twelve by Pies posted:

The real crazies like Ben Garrison think that wearing masks cuts off oxygen to your brain, killing brain cells and making people dumber and more susceptible to being controlled.

My 'favorite' crazies are the ones who told us that everyone who got vaccinated would be dead by the end of 2022 and, when people didn't die from the vaccine, they just acted like it was true anyway and didn't question it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Blame yourself or god

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ZeeToo posted:

My 'favorite' crazies are the ones who told us that everyone who got vaccinated would be dead by the end of 2022 and, when people didn't die from the vaccine, they just acted like it was true anyway and didn't question it.

Plot twist. We're all dead and in hell. Rod Sterling enters the scene from stage left.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
"We're all dead and in hell" is honestly a comforting thought. It all makes sense now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

"We're all dead and in hell" is honestly a comforting thought. It all makes sense now.

I prefer Jon Oliver's take is that we are not in hell. We are below hell and looking up at it right now.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The wire coat hanger is famously a symbol for legal, safe abortions :rolleye:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I agree that pregnancy centers shouldn't be defunded.

They should be outlawed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label for that "We're on the Titanic?" speech bubble.

Nenonen posted:

The wire coat hanger is famously a symbol for legal, safe abortions :rolleye:

To be fair, that kind of is the point. They're not allowed to admit that there's any single thing good about abortions. The conservative playbook says they're all dangerous baby murder procedures that can and will also hurt the mother and are all more barbaric than dentistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, I agree that pregnancy centers shouldn't be defunded.

They should be outlawed.

Is "pregnancy center" a specific pro life thing? Huh, makes a little bit more sense now.