Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If somoene is playing on my computer how can i continue to play an emulator on my deck????????? offline mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PageMaster posted:

Oh yes forgot to put it in the original post but Citra also works as well. Good luck!

How do you activate the SBS 3D?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

sigher posted:

On the emulators or on the glasses? The glasses is a bit of a writeup though, so let me see if I can hide or shrink it behind a spoiler so it's not just a giant wall of text for everyone.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 10, 2023

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

jokes posted:

If somoene is playing on my computer how can i continue to play an emulator on my deck????????? offline mode?

Wait, can you not launch non-Steam games that are just added to the library if a real Steam game is in use?

If it's like other Steam games, I think you'd have to be in offline mode before the other game launched. I had left something open on my main PC so I went into offline mode and it wouldn't let me play. Even after I closed the game on the main PC, the Deck still assumed it was being played until I went online again. Seems offline mode stores whatever "something playing/not playing" state you're in at the time.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 10, 2023

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don't think it lets you log in. I'm just trying to prep for tonight because my SO will be using my PC tonight to play loving harry potter and I really want to finish bravely default 1

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Offline mode should be fine, you won’t need a license check for a non-steam game

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Maybe try in desktop mode? if it's a non-steam game but steamos is messing with you it should hopefully not in linux

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I’d love to be able to control the decky powertools (and the performance stuff in general) in desktop mode too. I know it’s possible, I just haven’t figured it out yet because I’m lazy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Want a Decky plugin to rearrange my Decky plugins.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want a decky plugin to tell me what game to play

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

jokes posted:

That's what HLTB is for

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
drat I gotta install decky this weekend

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Xinlum posted:

Posting this here too in case anyone is interested. I uploaded a 7gb zip with step by step instructions for a complete overhaul of Morrowind running in OpenMW for steam deck. Contains ~270ish mods.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGVhUmQ0y8UdFQI75HyUvB0af-nD6QKT/view?usp=drivesdk

As someone who hasn’t played Morrowind since og Xbox, I’m very interested in this. I’m going to give it a shot on my day off tomorrow. Thanks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

Have you joined the Discord?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Discord confuses and scares me. So no.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s good

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Discord confuses and scares me. So no.

well you should

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

It seems the discord link in the OP is broken. Is there a new one?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It seems the discord link in the OP is broken. Is there a new one?

https://discord.gg/tj8HM8WD

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

We arent scary :(

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

sigher posted:

Well here goes:

Update the glasses firmware by going to the beta tester request discord and request access to the Nebula Tester discord. Then in THAT server, go to the pinned links and you'll find the download link to the new Nebula APK (it'll be called "Nebula_Universal_v3.3.0_202212272047_2788_target31_2in1-release.apk."). Once downloaded, rename the file from .apk to .zip so you can open it. Go to the assets/air folder and pull out the beta firmware ("07.1.01.200_20221208.bin").

Now go to the Chinese nreal firmware activation page in Chrome (so you can translate to english) and update the firmware like you do normally, except you'll select the beta firmware above, rather than downloading the one through the Nreal site. The reason you have to use the Chinese page is because the Beta firmware is only out for testing in China right now and the international page you'd normally use has checks that won't apply the firmware.

Once that's done, you're finished on the hardware side, and just hold the + (increase brightness) button on the glasses for 3 seconds to toggle between SBS and normal.

The software side for Dolphin and Citra are in the graphics settings for those emulators under enhancements.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 11, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Discord link doesn't work, but thanks for the write up, I'm excited to try it. Are you on our Disc? Maybe you can send me an invite (or send the APK over).

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

sigher posted:

The Discord link doesn't work, but thanks for the write up, I'm excited to try it. Are you on our Disc? Maybe you can send me an invite (or send the APK over).

Sure, I can do either, no problem. Full disclosure: I have no idea how to use discord and never had it until this, and the fact that I made it as far as I did was a miracle of reddit holding my hand. I will Google how to send an invite.

Nevermind, PM sent. Now you, too, can hopefully enjoy playing gamecube games in stereoscopic 3d in glorious 15 to 30 frames per second!

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 11, 2023

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Got moonlight working today. Why did I wait this long?

Also - do you have to have the monitor on at your desktop? I turned mine off and it crashed the connection, but that was after I’d started it. Wondering if you can start the connection with it off.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Big Jesus posted:

Also - do you have to have the monitor on at your desktop? I turned mine off and it crashed the connection, but that was after I’d started it. Wondering if you can start the connection with it off.

It's incredible isn't it? Make sure on the Deck you set the res to 1080. I know 720 is native but it'll be uprezzed and look great.

I always just hit the power button on my monitor so I make sure it never just stays on overnight when I'm moonlighting switch on the deck, so dunno there.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

Depends on your monitor, which I'm assuming is connected via displayport? DP is too smart for its own good sometimes and sometimes it sees a turned off monitor as a disconnected one, and Windows freaks out. HDMI doesn't do any of this poo poo fwiw, HDMI is dumb as gently caress.

You need to have some kind of display connected for it to work though. Whether its a real one, or a dummy plug, or relatively recently you can install dummy display drivers specifically for this kind of thing (and VR desktops).

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xinlum posted:

Posting this here too in case anyone is interested. I uploaded a 7gb zip with step by step instructions for a complete overhaul of Morrowind running in OpenMW for steam deck. Contains ~270ish mods.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGVhUmQ0y8UdFQI75HyUvB0af-nD6QKT/view?usp=drivesdk

you can bet your rear end i downloaded it instantly and also will probably never do it

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

jokes posted:

A nice feature of the Windows Xbox game pass app is it has a random button to give you just a random gamepass game to play. Steam needs this.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

That's the Play Next shelf in your Library Home.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Talorat posted:

A nice feature of the Windows Xbox game pass app is it has a random button to give you just a random gamepass game to play. Steam needs this.

Not quite the same thing, but it does give you suggestions with the Play Next shelf.

Only unplayed games, and I don't think you can dismiss games beyond just launching them.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I used to use one of those 'random game launcher' websites in a Chrome link, but lately they don't want to launch the games anymore, only in desktop mode.

I also really, really miss the xbox random game feature.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That sounds nice. I just get a random letter from random.org and wade through my library’s offerings there. Low tech but it works.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Xinlum posted:

I tried this morning and couldn’t get this to work.I think it was a combination of me not being able to find the file paths and being a moron. At the last step I got the error that the file path could not be found, gave up and deleted everything. I may give it another shot later with a keyboard and mouse for easier navigation.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a way to use the powertools in desktop mode? Specifically trying to disable smt and drop the number of cpu cores.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

loudog999 posted:

I tried this morning and couldn’t get this to work.I think it was a combination of me not being able to find the file paths and being a moron. At the last step I got the error that the file path could not be found, gave up and deleted everything. I may give it another shot later with a keyboard and mouse for easier navigation.

The last step for moving the OpenHUD files? If you send a screenshot I might be able to figure out what's going wrong.

Can you browse to the /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.openmw.OpenMW/current/active/files/share/games/openmw/ in Dolphin?

Did you extract the OpenHUD files so that the path is /home/deck/Downloads/OpenHUD/?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Xinlum posted:

The last step for moving the OpenHUD files? If you send a screenshot I might be able to figure out what's going wrong.

Can you browse to the /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.openmw.OpenMW/current/active/files/share/games/openmw/ in Dolphin?

Did you extract the OpenHUD files so that the path is /home/deck/Downloads/OpenHUD/?

Thanks for the help, I got frustrated and deleted the files. If I have issues when I try again I’ll take some screenshots.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there a random play option on Steam deck, or is it only through the desktop client?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Trying to justify the existence of my gaming PC after my Deck by saying I need to be ready for the killer rtx ray traced super taxing AAA games in the future, but then the new Vampire Survivors update comes out instead.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, same. The only things I play on my desktop anymore are dominions 5 which is technically playable but in practice requires a mouse and keyboard and Darktide which just runs like crap on the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Minish Cap looks great on this screen. My old gba is one of the non backlit ones so this is pretty amazing to see gba games for the first time like this. It's aged super well too for a 20 year old game. And the battery life is superb, heh.