Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Excelzior posted:

wait there's multiple? :aaa:
The only ones I'm aware of are Azhdaha and Scaramouche, and I think Scaramouche's only triggers if he kills Raiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Incoherence posted:

The only ones I'm aware of are Azhdaha and Scaramouche, and I think Scaramouche's only triggers if he kills Raiden.

Scaramouche even has 2 different lines for that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXYc9P6U2Ng

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

I know its the most hyped weapon in the game but why did they give homa crit dmg substat instead of crit rate?? I feel weird seeing peoples taos and they're like 55/250.

They knew that at the time there were LOTS of people that cared about damage per screenshot over everything else. There's also a thing somewhere in her kit that gives her 100 crit I think?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

lmao at that ad read

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Oh my loving god prozd

Kale
May 14, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think this is a little more than just "dramashit". Its at least good to know about someone being a complete loving shitbag in the games industry, especially if you didn't know about it before so that it can have an impact on your future purchasing decisions

Bingo. I consider it an interest thing. Also IMO its not really social media drama at all, its public statements by VAs about a very real incident. Even the ADR commented on it as well and said they are working on a solution. Nobody is obligated to read any or all of it or not either.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

im glad pedo guy got canned but would rather not read 1 million gory details of how he abused his victims or what excuses he made up for the behavior or w/e

Thats not what this is though. That stuff is out there but I'm not posting that here for obvious reasons. That's for the Genshin Staff to consider in their next steps of action not the fans.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Garrand posted:

lmao at that ad read

lol yeah that whole thing was hilarious

But hell yeah get that genshin money

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah I appreciate hearing the other voice actors' thoughts here

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

They knew that at the time there were LOTS of people that cared about damage per screenshot over everything else. There's also a thing somewhere in her kit that gives her 100 crit I think?
ohhhhh yeah C6. That explains it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/genshin_meme_jp/status/1622097688018952195

Something lighter to share as well yet some weird poo poo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

https://twitter.com/genshin_meme_jp/status/1622097688018952195

Something lighter to share as well yet some weird poo poo.

most sane and least horny Genshin mod on twitter

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol dropping the Nahida rock

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So, last night's Hu Tao talk got me speedrunning Deepwood Memories / Gilded Dreams a bunch for tests today.

Overall takeaways: My Hu Tao could probably be built better.
Most differences, at least at the domain level, are pretty marginal.
I should take better notes.

Hu Tao / Xingqui / Mona / Zhongli (closest I can get to Hu Tao Standard): about 0:55-1:00
Hu Tao / Xingqui / Yanfei / Venti (needs a name): about 1:00 to 1:05
Hu Tao / Xingqui / Xinyan / Venti (The Blaze Lilies Experience): 0:55-1:00
Yanfei / Xingqui / Bennett / Fischl or Venti the times were basically the same (Yanslay): 0:55-1:00
Yanfei / Xingqui / Bennett / Sucrose (Yanslay-S): 0:40-1:10, depending on if Sucrose's burst is up at the start and HOW MUCH OF A DICK THE ENEMIES ARE BEING FOR THIS ONE WHY AM I FROZEN
Sucrose / Fischl / Yaoyao / Mona (Sucrose Hyperbloom, my strongest team) 0:36-0:50
Nahida/Xingqui/Zhongli/Raiden (Nahida Hyperbloom) 0:40-0:55.

Actually given that I still haven't put together a proper EM build for Raiden and Sucrose and Fischl are both level 90 with highly farmed artifacts, that Nahida Hyperbloom coming so close is a bit crazy.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 10, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I was building a hyperbloom team out of Raiden/DendroTraveller/Yelan/Barbara. But I did pick up Yaoyao from the Lantern Rite. Would she slot in here as a replacement? Or would she not work for this team?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MoonCrab posted:

Don't give Thoma your resin.

I don't know what you're talking about. Thoma owns bones now

https://i.imgur.com/e9AuG4x.mp4

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mordiceius posted:

So I was building a hyperbloom team out of Raiden/DendroTraveller/Yelan/Barbara. But I did pick up Yaoyao from the Lantern Rite. Would she slot in here as a replacement? Or would she not work for this team?

Yaoyao's best role is in aggravate, where you don't need tons of dendro app, or as a secondary dendro in any other team. Her application is pretty mediocre so she's not a replacement for DMC, especially not in hyperbloom teams.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mordiceius posted:

she is an upgrade from barb whose hydro application is both poor and low-uptime. assuming you wanna use yelan as the driver for dps.
but if you're doing onfield barbara hydro slaps maybe it's a downgrade

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. Thoma owns bones now

Yeah I know he's effective. I think I have him as a 7 on my ranks thingy. I just don't like dealing with him is all. He's like DMC where he has a role he functions in, but I can't wait for someone better to come along so I can replace him.

Hoped it was gonna be Dehya :smith:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hu Tao+Yelan+Their Weapons have already outgrossed Al-Haitham/Xiao in China in just over half a week apparently.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Liyue is where money is made

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Liyue is where money is made

Not anymore now that Zhongli's Gnosis is gone. :v:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tampa Bae posted:

Is Hu Tao any good or does she just require a lot of investments
Yes and yes. Hu Tao needs all 3 talents leveled so she is more of a resin investment to build. Hu Tao's artifact farming isn't so bad. You don't need 4-piece Crimson Witch. Shimenawa and Gilded Dreams sets are also viable alternatives. Personally I have absurdly good CW pieces but I still run 2-piece CW / 2-piece millelith on Hu Tao because she loses ~1% vape dmg and gains significant mono-pyro dmg for general use.

For the record, Hu Tao and Yelan are both as overpowered as people hype them up to be. Yelan moreso by virtue of being a support that can work with any team. Hu Tao is more niche but as a main DPS she is the best in her class without even bothering to do fancy stuff like move-cancels or HP management. Hu Tao's damage is just that good. :toot:

Ytlaya posted:

Edit: BTW regarding Kale's Ganyu post from a few pages back, other people correctly pointed various things out, but by far most obviously wrong thing (and the main explanation for the low numbers) was the extremely low CDMG. Like, that's flat-out "not even attempting to be a DPS" low levels of CDMG to have on a character. I think my Kokomi has about that much. Stuff like the weapon being level 80 or talent being 8 is completely irrelevant compared to that.

You should have at least around 150%, and ideally more due to Cryo resonance giving some CRIT% (so you can spare more stats towards CDMG instead of CRIT%). Getting a reasonable CDMG would make your damage dramatically higher.
(Also my Hu Tao doesn't meet this guys requirements for a passable build. 72% crit rate / 141% crit dmg :laugh:)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh, that's different. Hu Tao wants ordinary 1:2 crit ratio. ~70/140 is very solid without 5 star weapons. On the other hand, blizzard strayer cryo units get 35 or 55 extra crit depending of if the enemy is freezable, so they can afford to stack crit damage (and attack) as high as possible.

The Hu Taos you see with like 40/200 crit ratios are the weirdos.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My Hu Tao has 65/215 cause I ain't farming any more Crimson Witch in my entire life and it is what it is.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sanctum posted:

Yes and yes. Hu Tao needs all 3 talents leveled so she is more of a resin investment to build. Hu Tao's artifact farming isn't so bad. You don't need 4-piece Crimson Witch. Shimenawa and Gilded Dreams sets are also viable alternatives. Personally I have absurdly good CW pieces but I still run 2-piece CW / 2-piece millelith on Hu Tao because she loses ~1% vape dmg and gains significant mono-pyro dmg for general use.

For the record, Hu Tao and Yelan are both as overpowered as people hype them up to be. Yelan moreso by virtue of being a support that can work with any team. Hu Tao is more niche but as a main DPS she is the best in her class without even bothering to do fancy stuff like move-cancels or HP management. Hu Tao's damage is just that good. :toot:

(Also my Hu Tao doesn't meet this guys requirements for a passable build. 72% crit rate / 141% crit dmg :laugh:)

Ganyu can afford to stack crit dmg higher because she gets so much crit rate from other sources

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Homa combined with her Ascension Stat being CDmg makes Hu Tao's crit ratio all sorts of wonky and unfixable. I think mine is at something like 67/220 and I prioritised CRate on every one of her artifacts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Fortunately I happened to have exactly one crit damage blizzard strayer circlet lying around which I gave to and am building on her. It doesnt have attack% but some energy recharge HP% and elemental Mastery so its passable as my sole option to keep her on 4-set.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Give me Yelan or give me death

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Give me Yelan or give me death

Instructions unclear, Qiqi c7 pulled

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I had qiqi. Give me my little zombie mihoyo!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

As a thoroughly mediocre non-spiral abyss attempter, I really like Qiqi. If I have a friendship team who is struggling, or just have a utility space in a team I'm using for grinding something I'll often chuck in Qiqi (or Zhongli) because her healing is nuts to the point where you have to be pretty unlucky (or gently caress up badly) to actually die, and with the clam set shes also putting out a nice amount of off-field damage.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah qiqi is great. mine is a little critical hit machine. 🥹

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Qiqi hyperfridge is comfy and effective :)

Weird how superconduct affects clam damage though?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

Qiqi hyperfridge is comfy and effective :)

Weird how superconduct affects clam damage though?

Weird how, it is white damage so it was either Pure or Physical and Pure is really only seen in Event stuff since nothing works for or against it.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Now when I see a chest or enemies near wood planks in the desert I consider kiting the enemies away or playing the new gotcha, where your character gets shorter or the camera freaks out but it's usually both.

How has your luck been? I'm doing better then the banner 50/50 and getting real lucky.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Having a quest chain that must be done on 7 separate RL days loving sucks. :mad:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ReVerve posted:

Now when I see a chest or enemies near wood planks in the desert I consider kiting the enemies away or playing the new gotcha, where your character gets shorter or the camera freaks out but it's usually both.

How has your luck been? I'm doing better then the banner 50/50 and getting real lucky.

constantly paranoid that poo poo'll fall through those cracks and i'll have to do some insane maneuvering to get at that headband or whatever. Don't know why they didn't put an invisible floor very slightly below the deck so your tiny characters can't fall through the drat gaps.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Is the perfect parry timing in this event ping-dependent? Or are the animations just impossible to read because they weren't designed to be used this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

Is the perfect parry timing in this event ping-dependent? Or are the animations just impossible to read because they weren't designed to be used this way?

I got plenty of perfect parries in duel #2 and seemingly none in #3 so I'm going with animation issues and trying to shoehorn in gameplay elements that aren't suited for it.